EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One more question. Does a disc have to be in the Navigation system for it to function? In other words can you play a CD AND use the Navigation system (screen)?

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I am not sure what you are getting at with the question. But the answer is yes and yes. The DVD map disc has to be in the Nav system for it to work. But it is a separate slot behind the screen, and a music CD or movie DVD goes in the upper front slot, so yes you can listen to a CD or watch a DVD movie and still use the NAV.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot. That answers my question. I am debating getting the 6-disc changer vs. the Navigation. At least you can play the single disc and have the Navigation function normally.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I bought my Enclave back in April. I don't know if GM is doing a better job now of explaining all of the entertainment options but I know back then there was very little desciption of how many slots came with each option.

·
Registered
26 Posts
:mad: Just started fooling with my NAV system in the driveway , and can't figure out how to operate the NAV system without the radio being on. I'm sure the explantion is simple , but i can't find it. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Bingo! You have found the magic door! You can have whatever is behind any door, but you can't have your radio off with the nav system on.

Pretty dumb, huh?

·
Registered
26 Posts
rockyp
:angryfire:Dumb is too mild. Did find partial solution using mute button on steering wheel which doubles as the speech recognition button. :D

·
Registered
171 Posts
Apparently it's not just a Lambda thing...a family member has an '08 DTS and the nav won't work without the radio being on. Really gotta wonder what they were thinking on that one. FWIW, the nav in both cars looks like it came from the same parts bin.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts