EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a headline from the not so distant possible future.

"Buick Unable to fill demand for Enclave causes buyers to leave in droves"

By The Ghost of Buick's Future

Buick announced their latest strategy focused on losing their entire customer base by keeping paying customers waiting for 3 to 6 months for their 2008 Enclave to arrive.
Brand new 2008 Enclaves orderd in 2008 are now arriving well after the 2009 Model year has started. GM and Buick promise that the 2009 version should be starting to come of the production line before the end of December 2009. The number of orders for Buick's flagship Crossover Utility Vehicle has dramatically fallen as news of extreme delivery times have spread. Meanwhile this has proven to be one of the best selling years for CUV/SUV sales by Buick's competition Acura, Infiniti, Mercedese Benz, Lexus and KIA. Buick announced today the next concept vehicle in the pipeline is codenamed "Vapor". If the Enclave is any indication then the "Vapor" is appropriately named.

IT IS NOT TO LATE ... --- ... ... --- ...

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Ok, this seems a little too pessimistic in light of the fact that GM has added the 3rd shift to meet demand.

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
And not likely. Once everyone waiting for months gives up Joe Schmuck will walk in off the street and buy it. He'll probably get a $2,000 rebate as an added bonus.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Comiccolec,

That's a good tongue in check write up. I for one am wondering why I'm still awaiting mine. Ordered July 13th, and not a word yet. Of course I ordered white diamond and the lux pkg with most other options. If my wife wasn't so set.......Those MDX's are looking better all the time.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ccaats said:
Ok, this seems a little too pessimistic in light of the fact that GM has added the 3rd shift to meet demand.
Meet demand ??? Don't you mean "applying the tourniquet after losing the losing the leg they were standing on".
Pessimistic ... me thinks not ... REALISTIC is more like it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
axiama said:
And not likely. Once everyone waiting for months gives up Joe Schmuck will walk in off the street and buy it. He'll probably get a $2,000 rebate as an added bonus.
Unfortunately you are not far from wrong about that possibly happening. BUT by then all of those potential "loyal to the Buick brand" will have found another to become loyal to.
Maybe I will just wait until the competition one ups Buick (and it will happen) and I will by one of those.

Please excuse my displeasure in this whole experience. I ordered on June 28th and I am still sitting at 1100 status code. :help:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Me too. And you're forgiven!

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
ccaats said:
i have to agree w/ccaats.... remember the 3rd shift doesn't start until september... not only that but also remember the car really wasn't set to hit the market until late august early september its just that we car buffs found out about it a lot sooner.... i know we are all getting impatient but hold on our enclaves are coming. :comfort:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Well done "comiccolec"! I'm on the fence about mine. Maybe I'll wait for the "Vapor" instead.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Me First!!!! ;D I ordered mine in mid-June and was given a production date as "last week in august" with delivery for early to mid-september.

BTW
My dealer has a number ~(7) on the lot last I checked online. I think a number of them were used for Tiger Wood's tournament in early-July.

·
Registered
12 Posts
gshields said:
Comiccolec,

That's a good tongue in check write up. I for one am wondering why I'm still awaiting mine. Ordered July 13th, and not a word yet. Of course I ordered white diamond and the lux pkg with most other options. If my wife wasn't so set.......Those MDX's are looking better all the time.
I ordered my white diamond with lux package May 26 and am still waiting....we were recently told early September build, late September delivery. Curious to see if you get yours before we get ours.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
So what is the Vapor?

·
Registered
32 Posts
SuperG said:
I ordered my white diamond with lux package May 26 and am still waiting....we were recently told early September build, late September delivery. Curious to see if you get yours before we get ours.
Super G, just curious, my wife and I ordered a White Diamond loaded and have been sitting at code status of 1100 for the past 9 weeks. When they give you a build date does that mean that your vehicle is at code status of 3000 or so? We are really getting impatient as we have a new arrival due any day now and the extra room would be nice especially since we were told by our dealer we would have it by now. I know it's not really their fault but I want my Enclave!!!! I need to relax and have a beer now. :beer:

·
Registered
75 Posts
We placed our order with the dealer back on July 8. We got confirmation today (1 month later) that the order has now been accepted by the factory. I have no lead time info from the dealer yet.

CXL, Red Jewel, Luxury Package, Confidence Package, 19" chrome, sunroof, ent #4, towing package.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Gmoney_2010 said:
So what is the Vapor?
The next vehicle from Buick that will be announced but never show up at the dealership ... as in "Vaporware"

The "news article" is my attempt at sarcasam. It is not real.

·
Registered
222 Posts
dwhsd said:
We placed our order with the dealer back on July 8. We got confirmation today (1 month later) that the order has now been accepted by the factory. I have no lead time info from the dealer yet.

CXL, Red Jewel, Luxury Package, Confidence Package, 19" chrome, sunroof, ent #4, towing package.
Wow, except for the Chrome we ordered almost the exact same Enclave within a few days of each other (July 6th)! We will have to watch build times ;)

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
comiccolec said:
The next vehicle from Buick that will be announced but never show up at the dealership ... as in "Vaporware"

The "news article" is my attempt at sarcasam. It is not real.
Is there any info or concept pics?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Gmoney_2010 said:
Is there any info or concept pics?
HEY GGGGGGGG its good to see you.... this thread is for sarcasim purposes only nothing in it is real. its a what if type situation.

·
Registered
12 Posts
gjgalati said:
Super G, just curious, my wife and I ordered a White Diamond loaded and have been sitting at code status of 1100 for the past 9 weeks. When they give you a build date does that mean that your vehicle is at code status of 3000 or so? We are really getting impatient as we have a new arrival due any day now and the extra room would be nice especially since we were told by our dealer we would have it by now. I know it's not really their fault but I want my Enclave!!!! I need to relax and have a beer now. :beer:
Good question...they avoided answering that question (about the status code), but I will ask them again. We are a repeat customer at the dealer, so I am giving them the benefit of the doubt that they are being truthful...

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Oh ok! :D haha :blob:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts