EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm attaching two pics of what I have to see if you guys can help out with the remedy. Thank you!

·
Registered
5,942 Posts
Vic1212, top of roof looks awful. I don't think anything short of a repaint would resolve that.

Window streaks ??? Is that the front window? Are your windows tinted, or did you have them tinted? I would try using a window clay and winded or Meguiars detail spray on the window to see if the streaks go away. Using the detail spray will.leave a wax water repellent coat on the window, and outlasts rainex as I have heard thru threads here.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just so everyone is clear, this is on my SRX. Trying to replace this vehicle to the enclave or that new Acadia that just came out as the Cadillac is getting old and trying to get these remedies out without having costly repairs

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Hi vic1212,

We’re sorry to hear about the window streaks and the roof concern that you’re experiencing with your SRX. We understand that you’re seeking the opinions of other owners, however, if you would like an additional layer of assistance we would be happy to reach out to your preferred dealership on your behalf to have these issues addressed. If you are interested, please send us a private message with your VIN, mileage, contact information and dealership. We look forward to hearing from you.

Best,

Ashley R.
Buick Customer Care

vic1212 said:
Just so everyone is clear, this is on my SRX. Trying to replace this vehicle to the enclave or that new Acadia that just came out as the Cadillac is getting old and trying to get these remedies out without having costly repairs

·
Registered
5,942 Posts
Good chime in Buick Customer Service. :ditto: Hope this will help you vic1212.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you Buick customer service. I will get in contact t with you shortly. In the mean time, if anybody can chime in that would be great.

·
Registered
5,942 Posts
Try clay bar with windex or Meguiars detail spray, with the glass clay. That will clean those window streaks.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
cfedor said:
Try clay bar with windex or Meguiars detail spray, with the glass clay. That will clean those window streaks.
Obviously, vic didn't think much of your suggestion (or else ignored it) the first time around, after which he asked for help again; will be interested to see if he's anymore willing to consider your suggestion a second time :confused:

·
Registered
5,942 Posts
wvuguy said:
Obviously, vic didn't think much of your suggestion (or else ignored it) the first time around, after which he asked for help again; will be interested to see if he's anymore willing to consider your suggestion a second time :confused:
:thumb: To each their own.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
vic1212 said:
I wasn't trying to be rude or anything but I just wasn't sure if it would work
JMO, but the clay bar option is a very cost effective.....Meguiars or Mothers-brand clay bar kits are roughly $20 at Walmart (though they're both designed for paint, and therefore probably less aggressive than those designed specifically for glass).....approach to address your issue; and (like cfedor) I think it will solve your problem.

With such a minimum "investment".....and given the extent of your problem......I'm honestly not sure what you have to lose by giving it a try.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Man, that looks like failed clearcoat, but it's hard to tell from the picture.

·
Registered
5,942 Posts
I wonder if this got resolved, or how it got resolved? $20.00 for trying clay, or big bucks at the dealer to replace the entire window ??? :popcorn:

·
Registered
5,942 Posts
cfedor said:
I wonder if this got resolved, or how it got resolved? $20.00 for trying clay, or big bucks at the dealer to replace the entire window ??? :popcorn:
Bump.... Vic1212, did you ever figure anything out ???

1 - 18 of 18 Posts