EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 2021 New Buick Enclave with 64 miles and coupe days later brakes started makes loud grinding noise.Took it back to Dealer ship and they said Noise would eventually go away on it’s own that it’s something Normal which i totally disagree with.Never ever heard a dealer ship say such thing.I am very frustrated and disappointed specially when a car as is cost over $42,000.Nothing has been done about it.Does anyone on here have an idea on what to do about this issue Or if there’s another way to report this to someone that can help

·
Administrator
467 Posts
Welcome to the Enclave forum, Magoo. Supposedly, GM is aware of the problem and is working on a solution. There are a couple of other threads on here regarding this, that may provide you with additional information.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I purchased a 2021 New Buick Enclave with 64 miles and coupe days later brakes started makes loud grinding noise.Took it back to Dealer ship and they said Noise would eventually go away on it’s own that it’s something Normal which i totally disagree with.Never ever heard a dealer ship say such thing.I am very frustrated and disappointed specially when a car as is cost over $42,000.Nothing has been done about it.Does anyone on here have an idea on what to do about this issue Or if there’s another way to report this to someone that can help
Welcome to the world of Buick Enclave.......this noise is supposed to be on GM radar for fixing.
After 3 visits to our dealer, and even giving them the info from this forum, the problem is still not solved.
Supposedly May or June they are to have a fix (today is July 1).
We have been assured the car is safe to drive, in writing, but it still continues at 5,000 miles. Often sounds like front end is coming through the floor boards. I believe it is not the brakes but a transmission problem.
Keep searching this forum for more info.
GM Document ID 5774764, #PIT5805A Brake noise is the info we gave to our dealer.....they claimed they have never seen it.
We a sitting on a "open work order" for repairs.
Good luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had a 2021 doing the same thing and at 2740 miles took it back to the dealership and requested a full refund.... which they complied with....Buick knows of the problem and for the cost of such a vehicle you deserve better.... any normal breaking action should be quiet. They have admitted there is a problem and if more customers return the defective cars they may get the message. Take it in and demand they fix it, or refund it.
I spent close to $60,000 on ours.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Our 2009 Enclave had smooth brakes but they warped at around 25K miles. However, I just kept using it and changed the front brakes at 76K miles or so. They put AC Delco pads and rotors, and the brakes are very smooth again. However, I did make sure to brake them in. I did around 20 stops from 30 mph to burnish the pads. Seems to have worked so far. I never did this when my car was new, so that might have been the problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes they like to say that. Do insist they replace your brake pads. Our 2020 hasn’t growled or groaned since they did this. There is a official GM notice your dealership has but you have to pursue it if they are anything like our dealership
Good luck

·
Registered
1 Posts
Welcome to the world of Buick Enclave.......this noise is supposed to be on GM radar for fixing.
After 3 visits to our dealer, and even giving them the info from this forum, the problem is still not solved.
Supposedly May or June they are to have a fix (today is July 1).
We have been assured the car is safe to drive, in writing, but it still continues at 5,000 miles. Often sounds like front end is coming through the floor boards. I believe it is not the brakes but a transmission problem.
Keep searching this forum for more info.
GM Document ID 5774764, #PIT5805A Brake noise is the info we gave to our dealer.....they claimed they have never seen it.
We a sitting on a "open work order" for repairs.
Good luck.
Hello, I bought a 2021 Enclave in September 2021brand new. The sales manager was using this car and had put 950 miles on it prior to me buying it. About a month later the brake grinding started approx 1100 miles on car. Took it to dealer and they told me they ordered new brake pads for the front. Also was told it was safe to drive whe we waited for parts, 3 weeks ! Took it back new pads put on Boise went away. Car now has 4400 miles and noise is back again. In addition to the problem, when the dealer fixed the first time they billed my extended tire warranty policy and not Buick? Does this sound right? What if I didn't have that warranty they would have had to cover it with the actual bumper to bumper warranty correct? I am about to call them for second time for brakes but wanted to get some input. I know GM k ows of the issue and I read they instructed dealers not to fix or repair it also. I paid almost 50k for this car I feel if there are brake pad issues then use a different supplier or brand. Any info is appreciated thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts