1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
robmack said:
http://gm.ca/gm/english/vehicles/buick/enclave/overview

Plus $4,000^ Price Adjustment
on cash purchase

that's new right? that STILL doesn't even bring it close to what americans pay but at least its something
I also noticed that Special Bargin Price there giving us Canadians and it's all BS!! I bought my Enclave in January and they gave me $3200 off the MRSP which by the way is the same price they give anybody that orders one.MRSP is the highest amount that is listed as the suggested price.So that $4000 amounts to nothing.Like you said it doesn't match the US price.The difference is still $13,000 with the $4000 off.That's why we all live in Igloo's and Eat raw fish.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so could you theoretically get 3200 off MSRP and than this $4000? the $4000 is a credit from GM, doesn't the 3200 come out of the dealers pocket?

not sure how this works

even if you could combine the, we still get hosed, i been looking to import one from the states

can't blame just GM though, all the manufacturers are up to this stuff, toyota and VW just announced some price drops but still not even close to US pricing

·
Registered
78 Posts
This is how it works.The salesman shows you the MRSP say $45000 then he subtracts the $4000 off from bless there kind heart GM.But like I said before, anyone will get at least $3000 off the MRSP because there want your business.You don't get $3200 + $4000 off unless you live outside of CANADA.The only reason I paid so much for the Enclave is because it's "AWESOME"!!

·
Registered
577 Posts
They can keep there $60,000 car!

·
Registered
7 Posts
For those of us who purchased without this incentive, do we have any recourse for a rebate? Does GM have an official pricing policy for folks who purchase prior to incentives and such?

·
Registered
78 Posts
It's not just GM telling us that were not worthy of special pricing because of who we are (Canadians) it's the entire AUTO INDUSTRY.That's the way life is here in Canada were 3rd class people in the eyes of the retail business.So unless a person changes his or her citizenship or buys a bicycle instead of a car were screwed.After 40 years of being treated this way it doesn't even bother me anymore.

·
Registered
314 Posts
??? There are plenty of automobile manufacturers from various nations competing for the consumer dollar "up thar." It's not credible that they would be sitting around Ontario hatching up price-fixing schemes (which would land them in court, anyway).

Perhaps there are government regulations and/or taxes that are behind these US-Canada price disparities?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Our dollar is at par with the US yet we pay more, a lot more for the same car, exact same vehicle you get there.

Our dollar was not always this strong, it used to be worth as low as 65 cents US at one point, and our pricing has not come down at all as our dollar has risen in value

Its not like everyone jacked up the prices all of a sudden, its more of a matter of NO ONE is lowering their prices (toyota and VW have started to, but the prices are still a lot cheaper in the US). The other manufacturers have publicly stated that they want to see how that hurts their sales before they make a move.

Some manufacturers have gone out of their way to make it harder to import cars from the states (ie honda will not honour warranty on an american car here, toyota will honour it, but will revoke the dealer license of any american dealer caught selling to canadians), GM is a little better, the warranty kicks in in 6 months or 12K miles, i'd take that risk to save 15K+.

and as long as the car is manufactured in north america we do not pay any extra duties, if it is made elsewhere there is 6% duties on it. So the enclave would have no extra duties.

·
Registered
154 Posts
lingohocken said:
Perhaps there are government regulations and/or taxes that are behind these US-Canada price disparities?
Trust me if a company could blame a govt for its higher prices they would do it without any hesitation.

·
Registered
466 Posts
This whole car import/ pricing business is just wrong.

If you look at any of the cars in the dealers in Canada they are way more expensive than in the US.

I don't believe it is additional costs, I thought I had a block heater being in Canada - I don't. I don't see any obvious differences a part from cost.

I bought mine in August and have added my name to the litigation suit thought the Toronto lawyers.

They should just pay up it's chump change compared to the overall losses. It might go some way in smoothing out bad feelings amongst buyers this side of the border.

I will always look south from now on. I just had to buy quickly and had little choice.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
exactly..i just feel so scammed buying it here..i could even understand if it was a little bit more, how do you justify 15K more for the SAME THING, i could buy another NEW car with the money i save! thats too big of a price difference

how is the lawsuit going? how many people are involved? what exactly are they suing for? i remember reading something in the paper late last year

·
Registered
60 Posts
Tell me more about the suit and how I can add my name. I keep getting it in the ear from the Mrs as to why I bought a car thats $60K but shown on TV for a lot less fully loaded.

·
Registered
260 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Kman63 said:
This is how it works.The salesman shows you the MRSP say $45000 then he subtracts the $4000 off from bless there kind heart GM.But like I said before, anyone will get at least $3000 off the MRSP because there want your business.You don't get $3200 + $4000 off unless you live outside of CANADA.The only reason I paid so much for the Enclave is because it's "AWESOME"!!
Not to be a pain on my first post but this doesn't seem right to me. The $4000 discount is from GM Canada, the $3200 discount would be negotiated from the dealer's markup. They should both be available.

I will be pulling the trigger on a new Enclave or Acadia as soon as the GM $4000 discount (as well as a dealer discount) is applicable to leased vehicles (I am not holding my breath).

Jason

·
Registered
78 Posts
Jason A said:
Not to be a pain on my first post but this doesn't seem right to me. The $4000 discount is from GM Canada, the $3200 discount would be negotiated from the dealer's markup. They should both be available.

I will be pulling the trigger on a new Enclave or Acadia as soon as the GM $4000 discount (as well as a dealer discount) is applicable to leased vehicles (I am not holding my breath).

Jason
I totally agree with you Jason don't hold your breath on this $4000 discount being applied to " Leasing" as well because it's not going to happen for sometime..Look for clearout deals possibly later on in the fall on the 2008 Enclaves. Where I live this one Dealership has 9 Enclaves sitting in the lot and they've been there for sometime now.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Maybe GM will follow Lexus in Canada on there 2009's and drop the price....Ha the 2008 owners would send them a class action suit. How about purchasing a 2010 US demo in 2011....

·
Registered
56 Posts
Has anyone tried buying the Enclave in the states and bringing it up to Canada? Our local dealer started them at 62,000 in the fall
and now with the incentive(4000.00) they've got a sticker showing US PRICING 54,000.00(what a load of crap!) . Just saw an add for them on TV for 41,795(US) nicely equipped! Dying to get my own Enclave but can't seem to swallow the 15G pill................Hoping the 2009's
might be a little closer priced.
(eternally optimistic).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts