EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a hard time deciding on the color of my Enclave. WAAAYYY too many choices. And I've only actually seen a few of them in person.

Does anyone know if the Enclave will be offered in any different colors next year?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
There is supposed to be a Platinum White Tricoat to replace the White Diamond Tricoat, the difference is the Platinum will have a silver undercoat while the diamond is a light gold. It should make for a brighter white metallic and is supposed to be slated after the new year. I have blue gold crystal metallic myself but would also recommend the Dark Crimson, it can look black, purple or dark maroon, depending on lighting and angle...:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
577 Posts
Ryck said:
There is supposed to be a Platinum White Tricoat to replace the White Diamond Tricoat, the difference is the Platinum will have a silver undercoat while the diamond is a light gold. It should make for a brighter white metallic and is supposed to be slated after the new year. I have blue gold crystal metallic myself but would also recommend the Dark Crimson, it can look black, purple or dark maroon, depending on lighting and angle...:)
Crimson...just what I need is a car that does not know what color it is. :beer:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
I have Red Jewel and have seen white, silver & brown in person and the red really makes the Enclave stand out!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, Ryck, for your reply.

I've actually been leaning toward the Dark Crimson. Blue Gold was also another choice of mine. I'm one of those people who don't like to pick what everyone else has. I want something different from most of the rest of the crowd. I don't want to be like everyone else. (How BORING is that???!!!)

I think the multi tones of the Enclave's paint choices are one of the things that make this vehicle interesting. I have a plain white vehicle and want something with a little more character. Dark Crimson would definately provide that as would some of the other the color choices. I do like the White Diamond, but don't know if I want to spend the extra $$$ for the paint job.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
413 Posts
Platinum Ice tricoat will be the color replacing White Diamond tricoat on the Enclave, Acadia and Outlook as of about January.

I don't know if it will replace White Diamond on the Cadillac line.


Fritz
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,693 Posts
43sbest said:
Platinum Ice tricoat will be the color replacing White Diamond tricoat on the Enclave, Acadia and Outlook as of about January.

I don't know if it will replace White Diamond on the Cadillac line.


Fritz
The information I have seen indicates White Diamond Tricoat will be discontinued as of November 21, 2007.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,302 Posts
i saw a gold enclave this week end and i thought it was UGLY!!!!!!!!!! it looked really bad on enclave!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,997 Posts
That's funny Gmoney - I like the gold Enclave - and I never like gold.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,429 Posts
Gmoney_2010 said:
i saw a gold enclave this week end and i thought it was UGLY!!!!!!!!!! it looked really bad on enclave!
Gosh Gmoney, I love the GOLD MIST and that is what I ordered! Actually, I do like the lighter colors and most everyone here likes the black, crimson, ming blue...I guess it is all a matter of opinion and perspective. :rock:

Mo, take your time and see all the colors in person before you decide. You can compare the colors of the Acadia too, as they are the same. Good luck![/color] :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone, for the advice. Problem is that if I wait too long to see the all colors I'm interested in, the Enclave will probably be retired and replaced with something else (HA-HA-HA). I live in a small rural area with dealers who don't carry much for inventory - especially difficult since Enclave sightings are few and far between here.

Still debating on the Crimson, Blue Gold and possibly the Platinum Metallic. Hey, at least I've narrowed it down that far!!!

Thanks again and keep those pictures coming in the gallery!!! They are a valuable resource for me, that's for sure!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
225 Posts
Saw a blue-gold recently and thought it (like other gray/tan variants) flattened-out the sculptured look that distinguishes the Enclave. Personally, I like black, cocoa, crimson; but the final color choice won't be mine to make!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
116 Posts
I wish there had been a dark green, that's what I would have loved. There was no green option whatsoever, was there? I hope green is in future line-ups.

I'd probably have gone for Cocoa/Cashmere if we didn't already have a brown car with tan leather interior... so Mr Butterscotch picked something completely different, opal and ebony.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,065 Posts
The greens were big in the mid 90's when I bought my 95 Park Avenue(hence the name green hornet). I still like the color, but I like RED more. :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
118 Posts
I just had my first close up look at a Carbon Black Metallic Enclave this evening. Just arrived at the local dealer, not yet cleaned up and prepared for the show room. Wow, nothing subtle about the metallic effect! The vehicle almost looked glittered with the strong evening sun shining over my shoulder on the painted surface. I do not shop new vehicles often, but I don't recall ever seeing such an intense metallic character in a factory painted vehicle. Sure is strikingly different. :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
I just picked up my Platinum Metallic Enclave last and really like it.
I debated over the Blue-Gold Mist and Red -
Saw a Blue-Gold Mist driving on the highway and it was a stormy night,
the color seemed to look darker, almost like a grey. In the bright sun it
looks sort of silver from a distance and bluish upfront.
Decided on Platinum, simply because I always wanted a Silver car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
360 Posts
dgreen8371 said:
I just picked up my Platinum Metallic Enclave last and really like it.
I debated over the Blue-Gold Mist and Red -
Saw a Blue-Gold Mist driving on the highway and it was a stormy night,
the color seemed to look darker, almost like a grey. In the bright sun it
looks sort of silver from a distance and bluish upfront.
Decided on Platinum, simply because I always wanted a Silver car.
EXCELLENT CHOICE on your part. I think you made great option picks as well. I got the nav mostly for the backup camera. Happy days are ahead :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,302 Posts
I was just trying to build an enclave and there is no White Diamond anymore?!?! i didnt think they were discontinuing it untill November!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
413 Posts
Gmoney_2010 said:
I was just trying to build an enclave and there is no White Diamond anymore?!?! i didnt think they were discontinuing it untill November!
They have problbly reached the cut off date for orders and that's probably why the color is no longer listed. Platium Ice tricoat will probably show up before long. One thing to consider is that what's on the web site and what the dealer can actually order may not be the same.
I took deleivery of my White Diamond last Friday, looks like there will not be many around which is good for those of us lucky enough to have one. On the other hand the PIT may look even better than the WDT, I'll be interested in looking at one when they come out.

Good luck
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top