EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening we just Purchased a new to us 2011 Buick Enclave CXL with 143,XXX Miles. So far we are happy with it and have found no major issues. I'm hoping that being here will help with the maintenance side and making sure we use the best products to get the most life out of our vehicle that we can. Looking forward to seeing you around.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
:welcome: to Enclave ownership and the forum. I hope you get many more miles of enjoyment with your '11 as I have with my '08. And that you have no problems finding information the you need from the knowledhe base of users here.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I have an 09 Enclave that has been quite troublesome. AC, power steering rack, brake booster, transmission, ignition system, etc. I have less than 76,000 miles. When it works right, my 09 Enclave is an AWESOME vehicle to drive - and I still enjoy driving it even though it's almost 10 years old.

However, I won't be looking to buy another GM product after the problems and constant hassle of taking my vehicle to the dealer to fix. And I have a lot of GM points that I will be giving up too, but I need a safe, reliable vehicle for my family.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have an 09 Enclave that has been quite troublesome. AC, power steering rack, brake booster, transmission, ignition system, etc. I have less than 76,000 miles. When it works right, my 09 Enclave is an AWESOME vehicle to drive - and I still enjoy driving it even though it's almost 10 years old.

However, I won't be looking to buy another GM product after the problems and constant hassle of taking my vehicle to the dealer to fix. And I have a lot of GM points that I will be giving up too, but I need a safe, reliable vehicle for my family.
I can understand your frustration with the 09. You don't say if you bought it new. I did buy an 09 Traverse LTZ new, And had the same frustrations. Owned it for 7 years and 77000 miles. Loved it. Never let it go out of warranty, so the repairs were not overwhelming. It is the problem with a first model run or early model run. Most manufactures have this problem. I traded the Traverse LTZ for a 15 Enclave Premium. I have owned it for almost 3 years and 30000. it has never been back to the dealer for a thing. That is the difference in a seven you run of a car. So you can waste those points or be careful of the Model year run you buy.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Another new owner here. After purchasing a new Saturn Outlook in 2008, I put 211,000 miles on her and decided it is time to pass her on. I just took possession of a CPO 2015 Enclave with 40,000 miles. I have been on all 4 Lambda forums for several years and found a lot of great information maintaining my truck, as well as helping others keeping these great products running. Hopefully I will get over 200k with the Clave.

·
Registered
331 Posts
So buying the CPO had it's challenges. First the electric mirror adjustment buttons became dislodged from the mount. I pointed this out to the salesman when I test drove it. He said he brought it to the attention to the owner of the Dealership. The reply from the owner was that the buttons still worked. Ok Well it isn't right that the whole button assembly moves down into the door panel when one goes to use it. I told them that it must be fixed. The dealer stock photo showed that this condition when they took the pictures for the advertisement. I guess the factory trained technician who was doing the stringent 170 point inspection must have missed it or the owner didn't want to spend the money to fix it.
After they fixed the switch mount, the whole bezel was loose, they broke all the mounting pads on the bezel and tried to pass it off as repaired. I already took possession of the vehicle after they "fixed it" I had to drop it off to the service department to have them fix it properly. I went to pick it up after they fixed it again and they tried to glue the bezel back into place, the bezel was loose at the door handle and there was a gap between the bezel and the soft handle, I let them keep it until the fixed it properly. Third time was a charm, it seems ok now. Two days without the truck.
A few days into the ownership I noticed oil spots in the driveway, it can't be the CPO , they check for oil leaks during the 170 point inspection, sure enough the oil filter is loose. Undercarriage is oily.

·
Registered
331 Posts
When I went to get the plates put on, my salesman asked if they fixed the window switch, I said yes and that I also later found the oil leak. He then asked if I showed it to them. I explained that I don't have time to bring the truck back to the dealer every time I find a problem that they should have addressed during the certification process. He started putting the dealer frames around the plates and I told him not to, I cannot recommend this dealer and they need to do a better job certifying vehicles so he told me to have a nice day and went back inside.
Who pays for the issues to be fixed, the dealer or GM warranty? Yes the truck still has a few months on the original bumper to bumper warranty.
I am wondering what else they overlooked. What should I do, Write a letter to GM?
I have a couple of theory's that I would like to share.
1. The factory trained mechanic did a quick once over and checked off good, when it wasn't.
2. the owner only wants to spend time fixing what the new owner discovers.

·
Registered
59 Posts
My 09 Enclave has proven to be a long term money pit. Yea, yea, I know as cars get older they need repairs. But the Enclave has needed thousands of $$s in repairs starting at 100,000 miles that my previous minivans never needed until they were closer to 200,000. Also, Enclave repairs cost almost double what similar repairs cost on other vehicles.

I love the Enclave, it's a great machine, but unless you are or have a good mechanic on speed dial I would not own one past 100k miles.

·
Registered
331 Posts
It is a difficult vehicle to access some components therefore they are expensive repairs. Once you through replacing the power steering rack, power steering pump, water pump, and 3-5-R waveplate its pretty reliable. I had to replace the drive shaft at 190,000 but that was all from 150,000 through 210,00.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
8 Participants
electbc
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing