EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a top of the line 2008 CXL Enclave. I am absolutely in love with it but I have only had it one day and already the bucket seat behind the paddenger seat does not smart slide. It will move forward and backwards but it will not fold up the seat so that it can fully move forward. Has anyone else had this issue? Any problems out there with the Smart Slide? ???

·
Registered
721 Posts
Sometimes the back of the seat cushion "sticks" a little and won't come up when you release the seat. Try step 2 above and then also try lifting the back of the cushion as you slide the seat forward and see if it lifts.

Good luck and enjoy the new car!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the replies. I have tried all this with no luck. I am taking it to the dealer on Monday. This is very strange. Especially since it seems like this is not a typical problem. I am racking my brain and I can't figure out what could be wrong with it. Any other ideas are welcome. In the meantime I am enjoying the Enclave. Mine is Cocoa Metallic also. Beautiful....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Here's what works for me. My seats tend to slide up real easy and quickly, but the lower seat doesn't 'fold-up' on it's own without a little help. When you push down the lever, don't let go of it. You need to continue to push on the lever as the seat slides in order to get the lower part to 'fold-up'. This slightly extra bit of pressure and shoving gives the seat enough momentum for the lower part to ratchet up. If you just push the lever down and pull your hand away, the lower part of the seat won't usually fold up on it's own. We've had ours for one week and this is my inital observation.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the replies. However, the problem seems to be more than just user error or familiarity. The bottom seat just will not come up. It is stuck. I actually just dropped it off at the dealer. I'll let you know what they say.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sounds like you received the special 'dumb-slide' option then :happy:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My wife just picked up the the car and she says the seats are now working perfectly. The dealer said that the mechanism that allows release needed to be adjusted in BOTH bucket seats. Hopefully this is a one-off and we don't start seeing this in more cars coming off the line. However, I now feel much better about my car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts