EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Alrighty - I'm back to clear up some of the confusion I may be responsible for ;)

According to our sources, the Enclave and Acadia will be the first Lambdas to be redesigned. The Enclave, in particular, may become a few inches shorter, but this doesn't mean that interior space will suffer.

As for the model years: as of right now, GM is planning for the Enclave and Acadia to be 2014 model year vehicles... meaning they will go on sale sometime in 2013.

I would post a link to an article that outlines the above, but my current posting prileges don't allow this. Any suggestions as to what I should do?
- Alex

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
you can pm me the link and I can post it

·
Registered
308 Posts
alexluft said:
Alrighty - I'm back to clear up some of the confusion I may be responsible for ;)

According to our sources, the Enclave and Acadia will be the first Lambdas to be redesigned. The Enclave, in particular, may become a few inches shorter, but this doesn't mean that interior space will suffer.

As for the model years: as of right now, GM is planning for the Enclave and Acadia to be 2014 model year vehicles... meaning they will go on sale sometime in 2013.

I would post a link to an article that outlines the above, but my current posting prileges don't allow this. Any suggestions as to what I should do?
- Alex
:facepalm: That is waaaaaay too long for a face lift :nono: That would mean 8 MY of the SAME body style. People are going to lose interest, heck everyone now is chomping at the bit to see something new. IF this is true, why would GM wait this long? Could possibly ruin a good thing :-\

·
Registered
308 Posts
alexluft said:
It won't be a facelift; it will be a redesign :thumb:
I hope they (GM) dont mess it up and make it smaller or even worse, "mini van looking" :'( I would like to see one of them to get the OUTLOOK wrap around rear glass :eek:

·
Registered
1,987 Posts

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Interesting article.

The anticipated "Granite" looks like they want to take on the "Nissan Cube" and the "Honda Element".

As for the "Caddy" changes it will also be interesting.

Anticipate in this house if the Outlook holds up we may not trade until the 2012 or 2013 which should be when the new design comes out.

I also agree with the one statement above, I like the looks of the rear wrap around glass in our Outlook. Hope they use that in something.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
6Sixathome said:
:facepalm: That is waaaaaay too long for a face lift :nono: That would mean 8 MY of the SAME body style. People are going to lose interest, heck everyone now is chomping at the bit to see something new. IF this is true, why would GM wait this long? Could possibly ruin a good thing :-\
MY 2013 - MY 2008 = 6 MYs. Still a long time for a redesign in the current automobile industry rat race.

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
Sounds like 2012 and 2013 MY will be (could be) freshened then, and the all new one is pushed back to 2014, which was supposed to be 2013. Most other brands get freshened every 2 to 3 years (Mazda CX-9 for example), but I would hope the Enclave and others get something new for the last two years of the current design. (kind of like the 96-98 Grand Am's, freshened just enough till the 1999's came out...I had the 98, last year of that design...FWIW, but 3 years is better then just 2 for the freshening). However, I would be willing to guess that they won't even freshen it, other than colors and wheels. Here's what they could do for 2012 and 2013's (Enclave):

Tail lights: use the clusters that the China Enclaves have, with the amber turn signals in them. This wouldn't cost much, because they already have this design being built for the China spec ones.

Change the lower "cladding" to be body color and/or add a chrome molding above it (saw this on some website for aftermarket stuff, looked neat).

Change the outside c-pillar to be black, instead of body color

Make the grille bigger, (similar to the difference between the first Lucerne and the Lucerne super) but tasteful, something that would look different, but still be "Enclave-like". (this could raise towing to 5200 lbs, like the Traverse....which is supposed to be because of the Traverse's larger grille...still debatable)

Would like to see more aggressive front facia, if that makes sense.

(very hard to come up with much, since the current design is so nice...hard to try and improve on it without a total different look).

I agree that it's nice our current Enclaves still look new, but I'm so curious about the next design or refresh, just because, and I think it would be neat to see what they come up with.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
One advantage of keeping the first generation Enclave essentially cosmetically unchanged for several years is that Buick will make it's presence known with so many on the road. I think that people have a tendency to purchase something that seems popular and familiar. People often don't like to feel that they are a maverick consumer going against the grain when it comes to purchasing big ticket items.

·
Registered
308 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
MY 2013 - MY 2008 = 6 MYs. Still a long time for a redesign in the current automobile industry rat race.
If it is 2014 like in the article for the Acadia that will be 8MY and only 7 for Enclave if it is 2014 for them as well. Anywho, too long.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts
About this Discussion
52 Replies
18 Participants
GoldEnclave
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing