EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Well said, ccaats. Another major difference is that Bluetooth relies on a handheld phone using 1/2 watt of power. Unless you live in a major metro area, you'll be dropping calls all the time. The Onstar phone is a full 3 watt mobile phone with an external antenna and analog fallback. I know they said they pulled the analog plug this year, but there are still some rural areas where digital will just not be up to par for quite awhile. To me, it's the best of both worlds-Bluetooth so you can use cheap minutes and your contacts, and Onstar for all the things listed above!

·
Registered
214 Posts
New Feature for 2008

I haven't been on the site for a while, so might have missed a post, but---
I see that as of this week a new "Hit The Road" accessory package (ACX) is available for factory orders. Includes the body colored assist steps, roof rack cross rails and rear cargo all-weather mat.

Wayne

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
sunshadw said:
New Feature for 2008

I haven't been on the site for a while, so might have missed a post, but---
I see that as of this week a new "Hit The Road" accessory package (ACX) is available for factory orders. Includes the body colored assist steps, roof rack cross rails and rear cargo all-weather mat.

Wayne
That would be a nice OEM addition for those that want it. :thumb:

·
Registered
81 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
blurrybill said:
The silver green color is intriguing. There is a blue gold crystal at the local dealer that I like, except I wish it had more blue in it. Axiama, I think it's a great color -- just want a bit more color. With the grey winter skys, it looks more grey most of the time. Still, I applaud your choice. The one in town is the only one I've seen, so maybe they made 5!

Will the available camera be in the rear view mirror or elsewhere? Tralfaz, can you help with this? We still like the red jewel (never have had a red car; must be age). There is a nice grey/green color available on the Volvo XC-70 that is nice. I'd like to see some samples of the new colors - any leads?

Will the passenger seat have any more adjustments? Thanks all (y'all to you, Axiama).

BB
I have to say, the blue-gold crystal is beautiful, especially when you see it in person! Sure, on cloudy days it looks a little gray, but in the sunlight it can be charcoal, blue and even greenish! The new silver/green is beautiful, also! IMHO, of course.[/color] :wine:

·
Registered
84 Posts
We also have the Crystal Blue Persuasion, Axiama I like the mood ring effect. I guess they made at least 7 of these. :thumb:

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
axiama said:
Just don't move down the street from me, okay? :thumb:
Another dream dashed. :p

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
axiama said:
Just don't move down the street from me, okay? :thumb:
There are probably many more reasons for him to avoid that don't you think???

·
Registered
484 Posts
Make it 8 Blue Gold Crystals. I have been a little disappointed in this color. If the vehicle weren't so good in other areas, I would be blue myself. But, yesterday, we had our California Sunshine return to the southland and I like the color much better when looking at it in bright sunshine. In fact, everytime I stopped, parked and went away from the Clavemobile, I turned around to look at it. Each time, it was a little different color. The post was right about the mood ring color. It looks different every time you look at it.

But, having said all that, I wouldn't buy this color again. When I ordered it, I hadn't seen the color in person and the sample looked much different than it is. I guess we blue-gold owners will be dated as it will show us as 2008 owners.

With regard to the silver green color, TechnoMarvel has a Lexus loaner this week and it is a green metallic color. It is nice. I don't know if you would tire of it easily or not.

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
BoSoxFans said:
Otay! anyway aren't you a west coast girl? :thumb:
No, I'm a Southnah.

I'm the opposite of you htrdgrma, I like it best when it looks smoky grey - I don't care for the cornflower blue look as much. When I chose this color I wanted something that looked "different" and did a good job of hiding dirt. For that reason I would buy it again. My favorite color is probably the crimson but having owned a car that color before it always looked grey. I don't pamper my vehicles with weekly car washes. And I'm not worried about the color looking dated because most people don't know which colors are available in a given model year.

Does anyone else think it's odd that there will now be three different whites available? ???

·
Registered
84 Posts
Axiama, NOLA? I guessed North of L.A., can you give us a clue Lass? Enjoyed the Pics. whats up with Gam was She part of that callgirl ring? :whip:

·
Registered
69 Posts
We like our Blue-Gold Crystal Enclave.But the Red-Jewel is probably the sharpest color. Maybe next time. The last 2 Tahoe's were Sport Red. Time for change. I would also like to see the pasenger seat , have more controls- for the top of the line vehicle,the seat is too flat/sloped down in front.We will see in the next couple of weeks with a 2000 mile trip to Florida and back.

·
Registered
644 Posts
jmy44 said:
We like our Blue-Gold Crystal Enclave.But the Red-Jewel is probably the sharpest color. Maybe next time. The last 2 Tahoe's were Sport Red. Time for change. I would also like to see the pasenger seat , have more controls- for the top of the line vehicle,the seat is too flat/sloped down in front.We will see in the next couple of weeks with a 2000 mile trip to Florida and back.
Please let us know your impression after the trip. I, too, have concerns about the passenger seat without the adjustment.

BB

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
Tralfaz – I still think 3 shades of white are a bit excessive but thanks for the link. At least now I understand the reason for the decision. :)

BoSoxFans – NOLA stands for New Orleans, Louisiana. When we got Gambit he was a tiny kitten that could fit in the palm of my hand. He has a slow metabolism and a passion for ice cream so he quickly morphed in the linebacker you see today.

A

·
0 Posts
Here's a Traverse I photoshopped with their version of silver green (green metallic) based on an early traverse photo in that color:

·
Registered
644 Posts
They had a Traverse at the Twin Cities Auto Show this weekend in a green color. The talking head denied the color was the silver green the Enclave may get. However, if it is the same, it is really beautiful and I encourage people to check it out.

BB

·
Registered
644 Posts
2MuchCoffee said:
It's all in the GM paint numbers. I noticed that a given number, like good old 81 for Enclave Cocoa Metallic is the same number for Traverse Medium Brown Metallic, Acadia Cocoa Metallic Clearcoat and Outlook Cocoa Metallic Clearcoat. ;D
Yeah, I know, 2Much, but she was adamant and I was frustrated as I walked away because the conversation confirmed how stupid I must look. :p

BB

21 - 40 of 45 Posts
About this Discussion
44 Replies
22 Participants
ccaats
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing