EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
htrdgrma said:
Make it 8 Blue Gold Crystals. I have been a little disappointed in this color. If the vehicle weren't so good in other areas, I would be blue myself. But, yesterday, we had our California Sunshine return to the southland and I like the color much better when looking at it in bright sunshine. In fact, everytime I stopped, parked and went away from the Clavemobile, I turned around to look at it. Each time, it was a little different color. The post was right about the mood ring color. It looks different every time you look at it.

But, having said all that, I wouldn't buy this color again. When I ordered it, I hadn't seen the color in person and the sample looked much different than it is. I guess we blue-gold owners will be dated as it will show us as 2008 owners.

With regard to the silver green color, TechnoMarvel has a Lexus loaner this week and it is a green metallic color. It is nice. I don't know if you would tire of it easily or not.

We narrowed it down to Platinum & Blue/gold mist when we bought ours last year. My wife liked both but really preferred the Blue/gold because it was unique and beautiful. She would've gone with Platinum if I was strongly for it. Like you, I did not like how grayish it looked without sunlight, but i was totally wowed by it in the sun. Since I preferred the uniqueness too, we went with blue/gold and I'm still happy with it.

I wanted a little more blue in it too but I've seen cars that are close but have more blue in them and to be honest I've got to say that too much more of this kind of blue doesn't really fit on a luxury vehicle in my opinion. In fact, I was at the store the other day and saw that a light bluish Honda CRV had parked by our Enclave and while it looked OK on the CRV it would not really fit on the Enclave. I do this everytime I see a light blue of some sort. I wonder how it would look on the Enclave and to date I haven't seen one that would work well. That's just my opinion though. So even though I think it still looks too grayish without sunlight, I think it fits and too much more of the light blue wouldn't fit. Also, as mentioned, in the sunlight there really isn't a comparison because it is so beautiful.

As far as the color being discontinued, I'm with Axiama. I'm fine with it and I actually think it's great. While I like seeing other Enclaves, I feel that the color we chose is unique and in the sunlight it really looks spectacular. That's not to say there's anything wrong with any of the other colors. They all look good too, but the Blue/Gold does stand out as something different in a good way.

I didn't buy this vehicle because everyone else had it in the same color. If I wanted to get the same thing as everyone else I would've bought a Honda or Toyota. Certainly not a Buick considering I don't even fit the normal Buick demographic. However, I bought one anyway so I must not really care what everyone else thinks. If I was worried about resale value then I certainly wouldn't have taken a risk on a new model Buick. We bought it because we liked it and we're going to get the maximum use out of it while we've got it. When people buy a luxury or near-luxury vehicle they aren't concerned about being like everyone else or having the same colors that the masses like. Otherwise, what's the point? Most of the features and basic colors, you could get on a nicely equipped Toyota if that's all that mattered.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I wonder how much it'll cost to add the GM factory bluetooth capability to a 2008 (or if they'll even make it available)?

I also wonder if they'll have the cooled seats as some sort of option that you can add on separately to a 2008.

·
Registered
717 Posts
The seats I doubt as the plumbing is inside the seat itself - then again, if you want to spend $2k on a new seat, maybe (each) ;)

Im curious on the Bluetooth since some have reported that some of it is programming but I havent heard what additional hardware - that could also end up being a radio swap which would be in the $2k range for those with Nav systems.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
2 much, if you are talking about the seat supplier strike (Johnson Controls) it is only at the Johnson Controls Tennessee plant that is to supply seats and consoles to the Spring Hill, TN Traverse plant. Shouldn't affect the Enclave/Acadia/Outlook plant in Lansing as the JCI plant that serves them is in Michigan.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts
About this Discussion
44 Replies
22 Participants
ccaats
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing