EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read elsewhere that there may be a "new" Acadia showing up.

Whether this is a change in the styling, I think probably not, or that the will take the Denali and just have it as the Acadia one can only guess until February in Chicago.

Unless that is there are some of you with inside knowledge.

http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2012/01/new-gmc-acadia-coming-to-2012-chicago-auto-show.html

We don't know much about it, but expect a new GMC Acadia to arrive at the 2012 Chicago Auto Show in early February, according to GMC spokesman Joe LaMuraglia. When we pressed LaMuraglia to divulge more, all he said was that it "is more than a new trim level." Two years back, GMC unveiled a luxurious Denali trim of the Acadia at the Detroit auto show.

The announcement came from Twitter, presumably to remind people that GMC is still around; the General Motor's brand had nothing to show at this year's Detroit auto show.

The current incarnation of the Acadia has been on sale since late 2006 and was one of the first of GM's large crossovers to go on sale, followed by the Buick Enclave and the Chevrolet Traverse. It's definitely due for an update. Last year, GMC was GM's fastest growing brand and remains the carmaker's second-largest brand in America after Chevrolet.

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
:mope: I want to see the new Enclave before the Acadia, but sounds like that won't be revealed at the Chicago auto show, just the Acadia will. But that should give us an idea to the extent of the changes both will see. But yes, this will be the MCE just like what the Enclave had. There were spy shots of these on some other thread, or maybe at GMI website, and the Acadia's front end shape looks kind of like the Dodge Durango from what I can tell. At least it appears to be more of an upright front grille, than the current Acadia's "slope back" look.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
this it the story at GMAUTHORITY http://gmauthority.com/blog/2012/01/spied-refreshed-gmc-acadia-and-buick-enclave-remain-shrouded-in-mystery/

according to one of the person on the comments area, " the gmc version will keep its traditional truck with class look and reallystep it up a notch on both fuel economy and interior comfort and fit and finish. one thing to look at is the lights they are not from the terrain but show some angles that will suprise some as well as the tail will look fresh and look like a luxury truck passing you with class. it is hard to describe but all will see in the windy city, the front of both is the largest change and all metal has been massaged for a more upmarket look hope this helps. you also will see over 300 hp"

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I just hope they bring back the true chrome rims on the Enclave. I'm sorry, but the new "chrome-clad" rims (both 19" and 20") look like cheap plastic hubcaps to me.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
ccaats said:
I just hope they bring back the true chrome rims on the Enclave. I'm sorry, but the new "chrome-clad" rims (both 19" and 20") look like cheap plastic hubcaps to me.
Really? I think I like our 20" chrome clads on our 11 better than the 19" chromes we had on the 08. To each his own. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
zman said:
Really? I think I like our 20" chrome clads on our 11 better than the 19" chromes we had on the 08. To each his own. :cheers:
Yeah, to each his own. I guess it's the new 19" clads that I don't like as much. I just have always not liked chrome clad rims (plastic outer coating) over chrome/aluminum rims.

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
Well, I guess more H.P. can't hurt, but I still say mine has plenty of power. I was giving a friend a ride today, which I have many other times, but never showed him what happens when I mash the throttle..... >:D....he was amazed, and could not believe the torque as we raced up to the 7,000 "redline". I still say that at full throttle, this engine shines. It's the slower driving, behind traffic where it's a little annoying with the little transmission oddities. But hearing my friend be that amazed made me realize we have a great vehicle, and no matter what those who "whine" about more power want, I think GM got it right by adding the DI in 2009....and I think if the 2013's get 300 H.P.....wow, is all I can say! Not getting another Enclave, but if I did (or had to)...I would for sure be buying an AWD if that power reaches the 300 mark, that's way too much for driving just the front wheels.

Can't wait to see the Acadia reveal next month. Perhaps I will like that look better than the 2013 Enclave....time will tell.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
I have floored my non-DI powered 2008 only once in over 4 years of driving it because I have never needed all of the power that the engine can provide. The only time that I have floored it was to demonstrate the power to my father, who knows a bit about automobile performance. He assumed that there was a V8 under the hood of the 5,000 lb. CUV after my demonstration. Of course, it doesn't compare to his Ken Duttweiler modified 1987 Buick Grand National that has dino'd at almost 800 hp. ;)

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
I have floored my non-DI powered 2008 only once in over 4 years of driving it because I have never needed all of the power that the engine can provide. The only time that I have floored it was to demonstrate the power to my father, who knows a bit about automobile performance. He assumed that there was a V8 under the hood of the 5,000 lb. CUV after my demonstration. Of course, it doesn't compare to his Ken Duttweiler modified 1987 Buick Grand National that has dino'd at almost 800 hp. ;)
That's hard to believe....only once? Wow, you ARE disciplined. (either that, or you're trying to fool all of us.... :eyebrow: ) Nope, I am very heavy on the gas....I open it up on many an occasion, which I think is good to do to "blow out" any crap (carbon, or whatever you want to call it) that's built up anywhere in the system. I've heard this from several different people that you should do this on occasion. :shrug: I'm no expert but when I was selling cars, and when my manager and I would take a person's vehicle out for a test drive to evaluate it for trade-in, he claimed he could tell a vehicle that was never or rarely "opened up". And that wasn't a good thing or bad, just was funny when he tried on some vehicles and the car would seem like it never saw those RPM's in it's life. :D Perhaps some of the issues people have, are because they don't drive it hard enough? But I don't think anyone would support that claim, we'd have to have lots of data before it could be proven.

Guess if they put 300 H.P. in the next Lambdas....that will be class leading, and maybe they can get the tow ratings up a bit because of it.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
The car has more power than I need, so I never need to gun it. After learning of the wave plate and timing chain issues, I figure that it is not a great idea to put unnecessary stress on the drivetrain anyway. ;)

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
The car has more power than I need, so I never need to gun it. After learning of the wave plate and timing chain issues, I figure that it is not a great idea to put unnecessary street in the drivetrain anyway. ;)
If the chains or wave plates fail because of driving the vehicle like it's capable of, then there's the problem. If I wanted a slug I would have bought a Dodge Caravan. OOPS, guess they have 283 H.P.....probably not a slug...or some car with a 4 cyl.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
kidsenclave said:
If the chains or wave plates fail because of driving the vehicle like it's capable of, then there's the problem. If I wanted a slug I would have bought a Dodge Caravan. OOPS, guess they have 283 H.P.....probably not a slug...or some car with a 4 cyl.
Toyota Sienna with the 4cyl.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts