EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put one on order on 10/22/07. Dealer got their allocation on 11-08-07 and accepted our order. FWD CXL Coca /w Cashmere, Entertainment pkg #2, Tow pkg, & convenience pkg. Seems rather random reading on the board here as to how long it will take. Expecting mid Jan, but hoping for Christmas.
My dealer seems rather oblivious to all the codes or doesn't want to hassle with it. Hopefully they keep on top of things though. My sales guy has been extremely helpful. We changed our mind about having ebony interior on the 10th and was able to get it changed to cashmere.
Wish there was a place I could go to check the status of my order.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BTW:

Anyone in my area want to trade wheels and tires?
I have the 19" CXL 16 spoke machined wheels coming on my order and don't like them. I would rather have the 18" machined wheels that are on the CX model. Anyone interested. Wichita KS area.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hey Jet Guy,

Welcome aboard...you fly or a jet setter? ;D

Good luck with your order, I'm glad your dealer is keeping you up-to-date on allocation and so on, mine treats me like I'm talking Chinese if I mention allocation dates or build codes...they're either not on their game or shady! Looks like I found what I wanted at another dealer so I'll cancel my order...

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hi Jetguy,

I don't have your wheels, but I don't live too far from you (McPherson). Just saying hello and hope you can make your trade. I have the 19" chrome.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
gshields said:
Hi Jetguy,

I don't have your wheels, but I don't live too far from you (McPherson). Just saying hello and hope you can make your trade. I have the 19" chrome.
hey, a super close local! yep, didn't want to splurge for the wheels. I might eventually go for a set of the 7 spoke chrome GM accessory wheels, until then, I'll just stick with the ones that are on it.

I am working with Wade at Midway. Great guy. I've been hassling him quite a bit and he seems to respond well. I use my blackberry and chat with him often, so he calls me his pen pal. He even offered to let us test drive another one he just got in since he didn't have one when we put in our order a few weeks ago. My parents are coming in town soon and are interested in one too, so that could be his motivation. :beatdown:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
johnt26 said:
Hey Jet Guy,

Welcome aboard...you fly or a jet setter? ;D

Good luck with your order, I'm glad your dealer is keeping you up-to-date on allocation and so on, mine treats me like I'm talking Chinese if I mention allocation dates or build codes...they're either not on their game or shady! Looks like I found what I wanted at another dealer so I'll cancel my order...
I'm a demonstrations pilot so I'm into Jets. You think the wait is bad for the Enclave. We have a $12 billion backlog. Some of our orders are out to 2013 for a delivery date. :eek:

·
Registered
509 Posts
Jetguy said:
I'm a demonstrations pilot so I'm into Jets. You think the wait is bad for the Enclave. We have a $12 billion backlog. Some of our orders are out to 2013 for a delivery date. :eek:
See, for all those still waiting...things could definitely be worse :thumb:

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Jetguy said:
Boy those orders must change constantly as in the 6 years before they are built I would think alot of the technology ordered in 2007 would be outdated. That must be a headache for someone to keep updating systems?????

·
Registered
612 Posts
They accepted an order for a CXL? Those are on "constraint". Did your buddy mention the order status number? Do you have a "build week"? If GM is picking up CXL orders that is great news!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bsox said:
Boy those orders must change constantly as in the 6 years before they are built I would think alot of the technology ordered in 2007 would be outdated. That must be a headache for someone to keep updating systems?????
Not really, and yes at the same time. ;D The majority of the orders that are that far out are new models that are only being designed currently. So, by the time they receive the product, it's the latest and greatest. It's like if you would have put down $500 on an Enclave 5 years ago only having the "concept" car to go from. A back up camera wasn't even foreseeable then, but here it is as an option the first year. Unlike Cars, the models don't change from year to year with 50 different manufactures making quality products to choose from. Instead, we're the largest manufacture making 350 jets a year out of about 3 companies to compete against. Only 1 or 2 of which we would possibly consider a "threat" to business.
On a car, if the manufacture decides to change the wheels they have as an option, they can make the change with only regards to the order form and logistics of providing the wheels. On a jet, that change could take years to certify, manufacture, and deliver. And then since the uneducated public views air travel as being "unsafe", about 1/3 of the cost of everything is amortized in as liability.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Clave Man said:
They accepted an order for a CXL? Those are on "constraint". Did your buddy mention the order status number? Do you have a "build week"? If they GM is picking up CXL orders that is great news!
That's what I was told. I did not receive a build week yet. Just that the dealer recieved his allocation and my order was picked up by GM. Not sure what that means, but I sure hope it's good news!

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Jetguy
Welcome to the forum. :thumb:

MRBUICK

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Jetguy said:
That's what I was told. I did not receive a build week yet. Just that the dealer recieved his allocation and my order was picked up by GM. Not sure what that means, but I sure hope it's good news!
Thanks, thats really intersting and actually makes sense as you explained it. In my opinion, don't worry too much about the constraint talks, this doesn't mean they are not building any nor does it really seem to affect when people get their orders. I have been on this forum a lot and mine was supposably under constraints because of the luxury package, but I seemed to get mine in about the same amount of time as others based on when it was ordered (June). Back then they were all taking a long time (mine took 14 weeks). More recently 8-10 weeks is about the average. It depends on so many factors including your dealer's allocation numbers that your head will explode trying to figure it all out. Just stay in touch with your dealer after 4-6 weeks and you can call customer service with buick as well. There are alot of code numbers that you can gt as your order progresses which have been very well documented on this forum. If interested, you can just do a search for topics on the home page. Basically it will get here when it gets here and there is really nothing you can do about it.

Thanks for the Jet info :cheers:

·
Registered
612 Posts
Jetguy said:
BTW:

Anyone in my area want to trade wheels and tires?
I have the 19" CXL 16 spoke machined wheels coming on my order and don't like them. I would rather have the 18" machined wheels that are on the CX model. Anyone interested. Wichita KS area.
Are these the wheels you want? Nice! I am looking for some Chrome 19 inch take offs to use in the "non salt season".

Description from review where I got the photo:

The CXL 's shiny 19-inch wheels look great, but CX's 18-inchers have tall-sidewall tires for a cushy ride
A twice-around-the-clock test-drive in Buick's next big thing Edmunds.com Inside Line - First Drive: 2008 Buick Enclave May 2007[/color]
[/color]http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Features/articleId=120686

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts