EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Traction ctrl off/service stabilitrak light on. 2015 buick enclave with 67k miles. Bought it used with 44k miles,wife loves it after her 08 Buick lucerne. This is the very 1st issue we have had and from reading the posts sounds like a difficult issue to isolate. Most likely reason for no recalls as it sounds like a plethora of things set off these lights. Ours popped up with a code I havent seen mentioned thru the forums(C0710-Steering position signal). Electbc is the only one I've noticed mentioning this though without the code showing up,thnx btw. My question is does anyone have anymore info on this code being read,and if I replace that sensor,can I still expect to have these lights show up again without replacing all the other parts /items mentioned thru the forums? Certainly appreciate any help and I've learned more from the posts here that really shocked me. Hoping this isnt mamas last Buick since it's taking 20 yrs for her to fall n lov with them.

·
Registered
6,669 Posts
Guess you read this.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thnk u,I hadnt seen those posts, i just read them and that helps alot. A day or 2 b4 the trctn ctrl off/srbc light on happened my wife got a mssg that said to rest her compass,told her to drive n circles,she did a cpuple,thpugh it dod not rest, next was the lights on our topic. Afyer reading on the different causes yesterday I was shocked that it could b traced (or not) to so many diff areas of the car. Going back the last 6mo,she had a low lift frt tire pressure light,had it serviced,no issues.2 mo ago I went to drive it and noticed the low tire pressure,checked and topped off frt at 36 and rears at 33. Kinda curious if this may have triggered the lights?The only other thing noticed is the rack isnt as smooth when turning as I would expect,after reading the posts and issues I will have my mech check for leaks and fluid levels as well as the PVC valve etc. Once again thnk u for ur help and I have to say this forum is amazing,thanks 2 all here. I typ have little to do with PC's and still learning about navigating sites etc,so this has been a huge learning curve for a old man that spent nearly 50 yrs banging metal and painting cars b4 computers,lol.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1st and foremost I must apologise for not using the correct title thread. It's the very first post on any forum or web I've made and at my age I'm still learning how to use these new phones much less everything else. I'm not sure if I can still edit my title as it is warranted so others can also access info forwarded to my thread? Any help is certainly appreciated

2nd,I'd really like to reach out and thank rbarrios for sending me such helpful information. And without listing everyone here I'd simply like to say thnx to all here as this forum has been extremely helpful and noteworthy. The knowledge I've gained n a few short days is priceless,thank u all.
Back to my issue with my 2015 enclave premium fwd, another symptom that's occurred with the traction control off/service stabilitrak light on and throwing code C0710,is that after I posted I realised driving it that it also lunges or surges during acceleration. Under light to light not a problem,though as ur either going on a incline or up to frwy speeds it will surge and seems to not want to shift past 3rd. As long as u back off the throttle and then gently accelerate it will shift and smooth out. Since it's my wifes car and I rarely drive it, except long trips or the 2 of us heading out somewhere. So I wasnt aware of these symptoms when I initially joined the forum and posted.
It's going n the shop this coming wk. I forwarded the links from rbarrios to him and will have inspect the wheel bearings,speed sensors and pcv valve issues I've read about here. Gonna keep him busy for a bit I guess,lol.
Of theres anything missing I should have him look at or inspect I'm all ears and open for suggestions. I have to say I'm very impressed with this forum and the wealth of knowledge here,not to mention people r very courteous and respectful,I sincerely appreciate that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update on new here same issues. Had the vehicle n to my mechanic,they the steering angle sensor was bad,replaced it twice,lol. 1st one did have have plug 4 the heated steering wheel,should u run n2 this also make sure its noted with or without heated steering wheel. They didnt charge for doing it twice. As a matter of fact dealer would have charged near a grand,cost me 300 including part. Steering is far more sensitive and aggressive like it should b. Wife noticed it right away on drive home. Do 2 our current status in Ca.,wife working from home it's only seen about 50 miles 2 wks, so far all is good and no more lights or codes. Looking forward to a nice trip once things open up,stay safe and njoy ur enclaves as u can.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Same issues...Traction control off, service traction control, service Stabilitrak DIC messages. CEL not on, just the traction control off light on the dashboard. Also my 2015 Enclave (32,340 miles) bucked when accelerating, especially uphill. Auto Zone free OBD reader showed no messages and Auto Zone said I needed a better OBD reader than what they had.
The dealer had a better reader and it showed the C0710 code. They replaced the steering angle sensor (existing sensor said the angle was -396 degrees) and the problems have gone away. $385.26 well spent and has almost restored my faith in dealer service.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Glad to hear from u BigTom. Happy u got urs fixed also,Hope's this helps others as this forum has been exceptionally helpful,and great advise / leads. Our faith is also restored as I didnt want to replace it. Imhotep, theres nothing that compares with the buick enclave,roomy,stylish(at least for a modern car as I prefer 30's to 60's cars after nearly 50 yrs of working on them). After putting my wife n a 08 lucerne cxl,the her premium enclave, there just is no substitute for the room and luxury without going to a foreign market which me personally,I cant do,I love American iron or nowadays plastic,lol. Take care good luck a d njoy ur ride. Appreciate ur input,makes me feel better about ours too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You are welcome, Poppydoc. I also had a 2008 Buick Lucerne , bought new and traded in for the 2015 Enclave on 11/18/2014. I agree with you about American vehicles, all GM (Chevy, Pontiac, Oldsmobile, Cadillac and Buick ) since 1982, before then Chrysler products starting in 1971. Good luck with your Enclave.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thnx, that's 2 funny u also had a lucerne prior 2 ur enclave. Guess u can say we got spoiled by the goodies of grandpas buicks b4 they were cool,huh,lol. My stepmom and her parents drove nothing but buicks from the 40'still there passing,at which time her parents still owned thier 52 buick(first var they bought new along with a 63 buick wildcat. My stepmom drove us around as kids n her 68 skylark(wish I had any of them know,lol). Our lucerne was my wifes 1st try after her 01 impala which we bought new and traded n on my 09 challenger after 180k miles. She didnt like a thing but a buick after that which of course was the last real full size(shame as even the enclave finds its fate this yr with zero full size buicks left.) We came close to buying a new wagon,but were not comfy with a 1st yr model as gremlins often show up after the fact. Gotta say though had I not pushed for the enclave she wouldve pulled the trigger on the buick wagon. Hope Buick really reconsiders keeping both of them as not all people want 2 drive a shopping cart! 😁

1 - 9 of 9 Posts