EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hi, picked up my 2015 a few days ago, love it so far, already swapped out all of the dome lights and license plate bulbs for leds, I'm the kind of guy that has to do some additions to any car, major or minor or both really.. After searching on the forum a bit I did notice that there aren't really any power/fuel saving mods out there, not looking for much of a jump, but every little bit helps ya know?.. Its a luxury vehicle and not a racecar I know lol.. But a few extra horses never hurt 馃憤 feel free to reach out to me anytime of course.. Mine is the 2015 premium package, no DVD, or 120v outlet unfortunately, hopefully at some point I can add the 120 plug in, maybe theres a thread on it here??.. But its midnight amethyst exterior, with the grey leather interior; heated/cooled seats, starting wheel, etc etc etc.. Very nice so far, havent had any complaints or issues just yet, my dealer offers a lifetime powertrain warranty (any buick/gm dealer etc) which was awesome, for a very very small price (I knew the sales guy 馃憤) but looking for some small additions to get it started, any feedback is appreciated!

Super Moderator
The Enclave is about as far from an enthusiast vehicle as you're going to get so you won't likely find many legitimate performance mods. Things you do find searching I would be very suspicious of.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I thought the same thing lol.. Zero performance mods and thats ok really, not meant to be a speedster of course, but a nice tune for fuel economy/performance could definitely be useful im thinking, it would be hard for me to put out that kind of money for an extra 2mpg though so it would have to be sufficient to be worth it, which I doubt is possible yeah lol..

Super Moderator
There was a post a while back from a guy thinking about marketing a tune and I believe he had a few test vehicles running around on it but then he just disappeared and the thread died. Since the Enclave version of the 3.6 is tuned for 87 octane I'm sure there's room in the fuel mappings to squeeze out some more HP/TQ with a 91 or 93 octane tune but finding someone I'd trust to do it is the hard part. I'd never go chasing tune gains for MPG though. Manufacturers are already HEAVILY incentivized to get the most MPG they can so the chances of getting any substantial gains in MPG are slim compared to the HP gains you can find. Often times a motor shared across different vehicles will be under tuned performance wise just to make people want the upmarket version of a car with basically the same motor.

With a basic tune my Audi S5 will put out Audi RS5 HP/TQ numbers, but Audi doesn't do that from the factory because it would undercut sales on the RS5.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
JayS yeah your definitely right there, we can always get a bit creative and ill post anything I come up with.. I did see one about the illuminated front grille buick logo, but there wasnt any specs on it etc and soon I might do my own version and make sure I take pics etc of the process/material list 馃憤 Alvenir thanks bud, appreciate it! This is all I have so far, its super clean in and out so I'm happy with that.. I do need to deoxidize the headlights also, just forgot to grab a kit while at the store today..

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
I'm sure everyone has seen the led conversion, but I thought I'd share anyway.. All 6 dome lights, 2 liftgate lights, and 2 license plate lights 馃憤 looking clean and bright!

Super Moderator
Nice Enclave! The headlights look pretty good as they are. Those LED's make a big improvement in the interior lighting. Are they blinding if you happen to look directly at them?

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Alvenir, it actually has a bit of hazing where the daytime lamps run along the top, so I would need to get the fine grit paper, water, and start smoothing it all out etc and do the reseal, they dont look too bad, but with headlights for some reason have to be clean as glass kinda thing lol.. The leds do have a bit of a blinding factor if you look directly at them yeah lol.. The color is really nice though compared to the do yellow.. They had the amber lighting in led but I enjoy the cool white myself..

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
I totally understand that lol.. I had to do a little convincing also to justify to the gal on spending $80 for new lights when the other ones worked just fine lol.. She obviously got on board and it worked out 馃憤

Super Moderator
I get the need to mod. I did this after having ours barely a week.

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah definitely, its a bummer not being able to really get after it, throw some $ into this or that etc.. Had an 03 marauder prior and it was alot of fun to mess with, a lot of mods to do/options etc.. But this is a family vehicle, I gotta remember its not a hot rod for myself lol.. I do have a 93 ford bronco coming soon as a project for me and my son so ill be able to get some kicks outta that if I feel the need lol.. I did want to at least do a handful of fun stuff to the buick though, the grille badge lights, sill lighting, install some foot area lighting, all that good stuff, maybe try a 120v install where the rear a.c. controls are because my doesnt have it, only the 12v car plug.. Ill post anything I throw into it though 馃憤

Registered
Just wanted to say hi, picked up my 2015 a few days ago, love it so far, already swapped out all of the dome lights and license plate bulbs for leds, I'm the kind of guy that has to do some additions to any car, major or minor or both really.. After searching on the forum a bit I did notice that there aren't really any power/fuel saving mods out there, not looking for much of a jump, but every little bit helps ya know?.. Its a luxury vehicle and not a racecar I know lol.. But a few extra horses never hurt 馃憤 feel free to reach out to me anytime of course.. Mine is the 2015 premium package, no DVD, or 120v outlet unfortunately, hopefully at some point I can add the 120 plug in, maybe theres a thread on it here??.. But its midnight amethyst exterior, with the grey leather interior; heated/cooled seats, starting wheel, etc etc etc.. Very nice so far, havent had any complaints or issues just yet, my dealer offers a lifetime powertrain warranty (any buick/gm dealer etc) which was awesome, for a very very small price (I knew the sales guy 馃憤) but looking for some small additions to get it started, any feedback is appreciated!
Hi Mhopkins! yea! great car, mine is same color and interior! One thing,,,, check for hydraulic hoses for the steering. My first one had a leak that the dealer wanted $1,300 to replace. ( I am on the second 2015 same color, interior less dvd backseat dealer player on ceiling) I lost consciousness ran off highway, hit tree at 50mph. This car has 5 star crash rating and I walked away from passing out with low blood pressure. This car saved my life!,
Anyway, I have the second car and love it as well. Next thing.......... have the top end of the car cleaned out of excess carbon. Do it every 30,000 miles or so. The design of the engine (direct injection) loads up carbon and I know some people who imploded the engine because this was not maintained. Sea foam is one way to do this.
That's all for now. keep in touch! Bob

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
yeah i'm a big believer in the seafoam treatment, had a lot of good results from it etc in the past.. so far so good with the vehicle, haven't had any issues with it just yet, or really took a good hard look at the engine specifically, but off work tomorrow and looking forward to doing a nice detail job, and once over of the underbody, engine bay, basically all over to get to know it a bit more and get familiar etc.. looking forward to alot of miles in this big boy! i did remove all of the power steering fluid on a cadillac I had before with steering issues, basically replaced all with the lucas brand which is much thicker and made a world of a difference, so I think that's on for next week, I like to put all of my own fluids in etc so i know what kind of juice i'm running through my system lol.. don't want any lower end fluids running through ya know (y)(y)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts