EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Been lingering for a while and considering purchasing a 2022 Essence FWD. I test drove the vehicle last weekend and really liked it. I have a 12 year old son and two retired racing Greyhounds so need a larger vehicle.

I forgot to take a measurement so if anyone with a 2nd Gen Enclave doesn't mind grabbing a measuring tape and measuring the cargo floor height in the back from the ground up? Reason I'm asking, our two Greyhounds are getting older so starting to have issues jumping into taller vehicles. I'd really appreciate that measurement. Thank you.

How are folks finding their 21 or 22 Enclave's? Any major issues? Thanks.

·
Administrator
424 Posts
My 2018 is approximately 31" from ground level. The biggest issue reported on here has been with the transmissions hunting in lower gears, which seems to have been corrected by replacing the fluid. So far, at 30k miles I have had no major problems at all (knock wood).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My 2018 is approximately 31" from ground level. The biggest issue reported on here has been with the transmissions hunting in lower gears, which seems to have been corrected by replacing the fluid. So far, at 30k miles I have had no major problems at all (knock wood).
Thanks so much for the measurement. Good to know about the transmission issue and in fixing it via the fluid replacement. Also good to know its been reliable.

·
Administrator
424 Posts
Also, there have been several reports of squealing brakes. The TSB calls for replacing the linings, which has seemed to take care of the squealing.

BTW, welcome to the forum. If you do buy the Essence, we would like some pictures, and let us know how you like it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also, there have been several reports of squealing brakes. The TSB calls for replacing the linings, which has seemed to take care of the squealing.

BTW, welcome to the forum. If you do buy the Essence, we would like some pictures, and let us know how you like it.
Definitely will post pics. My current lease ends in April so will be deciding and pulling the trigger then.

·
Registered
17 Posts
According to the info I've seen, the 2022 has a stop/start defeat switch and a power rear moonroof shade, two of the glaring mistakes in the 2018-2021 models.
Yes, just picked up my '22 Avenir yesterday. Start stop button is on the dash by Infotainment screen. Power 2nd row sun shade button is near garage and sunroof buttons. Now my teens won't be tempted to leave it open. They kept opening and closing the '18's and it broke. 🤦🏼‍♀️ Now, they're at my mercy. 🤣

There are A LOT of new features some good some bad. Still playing with it, but our biggest happiness comes from the ultra responsive Infotainment screen/system. Much much better than prior years.

Reactions: Alvenir

·
Registered
17 Posts
Good luck with your new Avenir. Let's see it. :D
Picked her up on Weds. Limo tinted the 2nd row on back. She is probably my most favorite Enclave so far and I really really loved my '15.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Sky

Reactions: Alvenir
1 - 10 of 10 Posts