EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, im hoping someone can give me some help.
I have a 2009 Enclave CXL that has had problrms with ignition coils (which I understand is not "unusual!").
Had 2 replaced but still had problems, which escalated until 10 days ago kept misfiring and eventually stalled. Had to get tiw home.
Checked Internet for solutions and saw catalytic converters was one.
Replaced those and checked with diagnostic tool and saw problems with cylinders 1,3,5,6 so replaced all ignition coils and plugs, plus cleaned intake maniold.
Put back together sounded a bit better but still misfired, now back fired and eventually stalled.
Only other error that appeared on diagnostic tool was fuel injector on cylinder 6.
Now feeling totally depressed ?.
Do I strip it down AGAIN as per
Justin's great posting April 2016, OR can anyone come up with alternative suggeztion.
NOTE: i am 74 and shouldnt be attempting this sort of thing LOL. Just short of cash right now. ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Diagnostic tool also said there may be a problem with EGR or PCV, both of which I'm told my vehicle doesnt have.
Any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
531 Posts
What are the actual codes coming off the OBDII scan?

A problem with an injector could explain the backfire especially if the injector is stuck open and flooding the cylinder.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went through all this 2 years ago, changing coils, checking everything, until eventually it died on me and had to get it towed.
Since then I've changed all plugs, all coils, a fuel injector, fuel rails, catalytic converters, plus other things I'm sure.
Nothing has worked, it still doesn't fire up. Fuel pressure is good, getting spark at plugs, so totally lost, what else can I do?

·
Registered
2015 Enclave Leather.
658 Posts
A fuel injector? Which one? Are all the rest of the fuel injectors good? Are the Fuel Injectors being Energized and actually opening?
What is the reason that the cats were replaced?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I have timing chain problem as your friend.
Woulf you please ask him how difficult is it to DIY?
Do you need special equipment or a hoist?
Thanks
Don

·
Registered
40 Posts
I think I have timing chain problem as your friend.
Woulf you please ask him how difficult is it to DIY?
Do you need special equipment or a hoist?
Thanks
Don
Don, Any work that involves the timing chains is not a DIY type job. I can't tell you what's involved, but there is a link on this site to the shop manual which should outline what's involved. Also, you state that you think you may have a problem. Hopefully it's something much simpler than that. The biggest blunder I saw in my 40 plus years as a technician was a Range Rover that was towed in to my dealership with a non starting condition. The owner replaced the ECU (Way back when they were plug and play) The faulty part was a fuel pump relay. ECU cost around $1,000. the FP relay around $30. plus 1 hour labor. A costly DIY job. Good luck with whichever path you follow.

·
Super Moderator
531 Posts
Hi Don. Looks like you've been asking the same questions after creating two of your own threads, as well as attaching your issues in a couple other people's threads. I've moved them all to one place and hopefully someone can point you in the right direction. A big thing is when someone asks you a question (like I did asking for the specific codes, and electbc did asking about injectors) you need to reply in the same thread. That's really key to internet troubleshooting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts