EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My motor is toast. Oil leak from the front cover, oil in the cylinders, something about a camshaft that's loose (?) and it needs new VVT solenoids. It's NOT cheap (about 7 grand) but at least I'll get a 3 year/100k mile warranty. Hoping the tranny lasts that long. If the body/interior wasn't in mint condition, I'd have scrapped her. Seems early for serious motor issues according to most here but it is what it is. Looks like I'll keep driving her until the wheels fall off.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Wow that stinks. If I remember right you haven't even had your Enclave that long. I'd have a real hard time putting 7k into a car with over 150k miles. Probably go the junk yard motor route and pay a small shop to do the swap. Like you said though, at least you're getting a warranty this way.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
If it is an '08 or '09, I'd say forget it - if a '12 or '14, then probably an okay investment...

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow that stinks. If I remember right you haven't even had your Enclave that long. I'd have a real hard time putting 7k into a car with over 150k miles. Probably go the junk yard motor route and pay a small shop to do the swap. Like you said though, at least you're getting a warranty this way.
Yeah. I got it last summer. I'm all for saving $$ and thought about either a junkyard motor or having the current motor rebuilt. A few things pushed me this direction. One was time. I only have the 1 vehicle and couldn't afford to take time off of my new (2mo) job. The dealer gave me a loaner truck to drive and will have this done sometime tomorrow. The local shops said they would have to fit it in with their other jobs and it could take a few weeks. The warranty also pushed me in this direction. If the body/interior weren't mint, I wouldn't have even considered it but both look like they've got 17k miles not 170k miles.

If it is an '08 or '09, I'd say forget it - if a '12 or '14, then probably an okay investment...
:) None of the above. It's a '10. Fully loaded except for power folding mirrors, power steering column and navigation (although I added a Pioneer nav head unit just after I bought the truck).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
MONK
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing