EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, we just purchased a new to us 2011 Buick Enclave CXL2 with 140,000 miles. We had a 2009 GMC Acadia that we liked but after doing research online and reading reviews we decided to go with an Enclave. My wife was a little hesitant because the the "Buick is for old people" stigma but she is coming around. It does need new tires and an alignment but outside of that the interior is in great shape and the car report indicates it had regular oil changes and service work. We do have an issue with the power telescoping steering wheel adjustment does not work. I am going to try and replace the switch and the tilt sensor and go from there. My question to this forum would be is what would be advantageous for me to do to the vehicle to ensure that it serves us well. I do plan on completing an oil change soon. I look forward to the replies and thanks in advance for the replies.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
Id do 2 tankfuls of Techron Concentrate Plus to help clean the fuel delivery system and carbon in the combustion chamber.

Also- monitor for oil usage.

When you change oil- take note of the FULL level- say 2 days later.
then every 1-2 weeks, after the vehicle has sat overnight-- check the level to monitor for oil usage.
Top off if needed.

Check the air tube for oil buildup-- if so- you can do the PCV modification

·
Registered
335 Posts
Check to see if your spark plugs were changed. They are usually good for 100,000 miles, and the battery is usually good for 4 years, you don't want to get stuck with a dead battery. See when it was changed, a lot of them have dates on a sticker on top if it isn't on your service record. The battery compartment is behind the front passenger seat.

·
Registered
58 Posts
As Electbc says check the plugs and wires. If a plug starts misfiring it will take out the catalytic converter.
Other things I would check as this is what went on my '09:
  • Struts and Ssprings
  • AC evaporator
  • AC drain

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
Bigal56
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing