EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, Recently leased a new 2020 Enclave. My first Buick. I've put about 2500 miles on it with no issues. Transmission shifts a little funny, but that may improve over time. I'm a retired automotive technician, 45 years with the last 20 plus with Land Rover. I came out of a Jeep Grand Cherokee which I liked, but the new ones were about the same as I had so I looked for something different. The biggest difference and surprise is fuel mileage. My Jeep got around 15 MPG combined city/highway and the Enclave gets around 25 MPG. It gets close to 500 miles on a tank. The Jeep would't get 300. Everyone take care and stay safe.

·
Super Moderator
209 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Ibis. I too had a Grand Cherokee prior to the Enclave, but my combined gas mileage was quite a bit higher. Maybe you pushed it a little harder. I really liked the GC, but the Enclave ride is superior to anything else I've owned.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Everyone, Recently leased a new 2020 Enclave. My first Buick. I've put about 2500 miles on it with no issues. Transmission shifts a little funny, but that may improve over time. I'm a retired automotive technician, 45 years with the last 20 plus with Land Rover. I came out of a Jeep Grand Cherokee which I liked, but the new ones were about the same as I had so I looked for something different. The biggest difference and surprise is fuel mileage. My Jeep got around 15 MPG combined city/highway and the Enclave gets around 25 MPG. It gets close to 500 miles on a tank. The Jeep would't get 300. Everyone take care and stay safe.
We went from a 2010 to a 2018 Enclave for similar reason, mileage is definitely a big step up.
Transmission and shifting jitters has been an issue, just had in for the 8th time. Many fluid changes, reprogrammed, one rebuild with new bands. A few of the fixes have been succesful for a short time, then issue return. On this latest fix we were once again told drive it for 200 miles, if not better, they will replace torque converter.
The issue is jitters, when shifting from 15 to 40 mph. Hopefully this is not your experience.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We went from a 2010 to a 2018 Enclave for similar reason, mileage is definitely a big step up.
Transmission and shifting jitters has been an issue, just had in for the 8th time. Many fluid changes, reprogrammed, one rebuild with new bands. A few of the fixes have been succesful for a short time, then issue return. On this latest fix we were once again told drive it for 200 miles, if not better, they will replace torque converter.
The issue is jitters, when shifting from 15 to 40 mph. Hopefully this is not your experience.
The shifting is not real smooth and at times it "hunts" for the correct gear, but I can live with it. We had similar issues at Land Rover when they came out with the ZF 8 Speed. After numerous software updates it was vastly improved. I guess being in the business for so long has softened me about issues other people may complain about. I will mention it to the service advisor when I take it in for the first oil change though. Is that the only issue you have had?

·
Registered
164 Posts
I agree that unfortunately the transmission is not very smooth, not bad by any means, just not as smooth as I expected. 8800 miles on our 2019 and we still love it though. Almost everything else is great and we've had zero problems/issues so far.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The shifting is not real smooth and at times it "hunts" for the correct gear, but I can live with it. We had similar issues at Land Rover when they came out with the ZF 8 Speed. After numerous software updates it was vastly improved. I guess being in the business for so long has softened me about issues other people may complain about. I will mention it to the service advisor when I take it in for the first oil change though. Is that the only issue you have had?
Yes.
We made a 200 mile run today, and it finally smoothed out.
Mileage is the best we have seen also 30+mpg.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts