EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

As Papopo has eluded to in a recent post, I am happy to say that there is a new tranny flash available only to those who want to try it. This has come about at least in a large part by our discussions on this thread and the diligence and desire to help of lzw who has been GREAT to me.

This new flash is not the fix as discussed in the L mode discussions. It is meant to help correct with the cycling on hills that so many of us, but not all of us, have a problem with. In essence it is suppose to hold the vehicle in 5th gear longer and not do the constant cycling between 5th and 6th. It will also do a couple of other smaller things.

Right now this flash is not really being "advertised" and no letter will be sent. It is also hidden in TSBs for other problems for now so your service people may not even know it is available. After a few of us get it done, we will test it out and report on how it works so the rest of you can decide if it would be a good thing for your situation.

Again, THANK YOU to lzw and it shows that realistic complaints and discussions of problems can lead to possible solutions.

I can't get mine done until the 28th, but I will report back.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,130 Posts
Cool. I am not unhappy with mine so I will wait to see if there is wildly positive feedback on this before deciding what to do, if anything.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
bsox said:
In essence it is suppose to hold the vehicle in 5th gear longer and not do the constant cycling between 5th and 6th. It will also do a couple of other smaller things.
Can you expand on the "couple of other smaller things"? Also, when it downshifts to 5th under the new flash, is it going to still disengage the torque converter or leave it engaged?

Depending on what you tell me, I might want to get it done and be one of the testers.

I don't have the cycling issue really because there are no hills in NJ, but the torque converter issue interests me greatly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
758 Posts
bsox said:
Hi all,

As Papopo has eluded to in a recent post, I am happy to say that there is a new tranny flash available only to those who want to try it. This has come about at least in a large part by our discussions on this thread and the diligence and desire to help of lzw who has been GREAT to me.

This new flash is not the fix as discussed in the L mode discussions. It is meant to help correct with the cycling on hills that so many of us, but not all of us, have a problem with. In essence it is suppose to hold the vehicle in 5th gear longer and not do the constant cycling between 5th and 6th. It will also do a couple of other smaller things.

Right now this flash is not really being "advertised" and no letter will be sent. It is also hidden in TSBs for other problems for now so your service people may not even know it is available. After a few of us get it done, we will test it out and report on how it works so the rest of you can decide if it would be a good thing for your situation.

Again, THANK YOU to lzw and it shows that realistic complaints and discussions of problems can lead to possible solutions.

I can't get mine done until the 28th, but I will report back.
Terrific!

Since the cycling in cruise is my main issue with the transmission, this may be what I was hoping for. I may go for it sooner than later. Please keep us posted!

TM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
gavine said:
Can you expand on the "couple of other smaller things"? Also, when it downshifts to 5th under the new flash, is it going to still disengage the torque converter or leave it engaged?

Depending on what you tell me, I might want to get it done and be one of the testers.

I don't have the cycling issue really because there are no hills in NJ, but the torque converter issue interests me greatly.
This is sort of my dilemma, I wanted to get the info out there, but I don't have a lot more for you. Papopo has gotten his so we will see. The "couple of little things" was how it was worded to me. It is mainly to fix the cycling and will not address the too early of upshifts others such as myself and Gshields have complained about.

I was to have it done 2 weeks ago so I could tell you how it worked out, but that was when my service guy could not find it and told me it probably was not real and was more likely just some bad info on the internet. Now that I have had GM call him, I think he believes me now. With my work schedule I can't get it until the 28th.

I would suggest most of us wait before getting it to see how it goes. Plus as I mentioned it is hidden in some other TSBs so you have to know how to ask for it to get it.

Please PM with additional questions. I may have let this get out too early. Please be patient we have all lived with it for a long time now, a couple of weeks more is all I ask.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you ask for it directly or via the remote starter issue?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,575 Posts
told them the shift patterns are harsh can you please check for an update as I am aware a new one is out, they ran the scan tool and informed me there was one and updated it along with the ecm, pcm, yadda yadda yadda....I saw no reason to have to encrypt the conversation if its avaialable, it shouldn't take David Copperfiled to get it installed hassle free......agree?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Depends on your dealer, mine could not do it like that 2 weeks ago which is why I don't have it yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,575 Posts
true and after your dealer stated we are a bunch of "geeks", i believe was the wording, correct me if I am wrong, sitting on the internet discussing a vehicle I wouldn't have much faith in him either!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
221 Posts
Thank you guys for the flash. I'm very interested in your results. Like you said, bsox, it probably won't help my doggy performance in upshifting, but I'm hoping just the same. You never know about those other small things. I actually drove it a few times in the past 2 weeks which is more than I have driven it since last August and it is maddening how sluggish it is under mild acceleration. So I hope you get your fix and perhaps I might even get mine.

Good luck and keep us posted.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top