EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First - thank you to everyone who posts & contributes. I have used the information on this forum for minor repairs and to plan for the upcoming major work that needs done.

I have a salvage title/rebuilt 2015 Buick Enclave Premium. With taxes and tags I paid about $15,000 for it in late 02/20. It had approximately 48,000 miles on it. It now has 112000. A lot of highway mileage. The only repairs have been a purge solenoid & coolant temperature sensor plus tires (used). Now for the questions:

1.) I have the fault drive axle that needs replaced and I know brakes/rotors will need done. I have plans to do outer tie rods - ball joints - struts & hubs. I have not personally looked under the car - is there anything else that I should plan on doing with suspension? Should I do complete lower control arms & not just the ball joints?

2.) I plan on doing filters & plugs complete with manifold gaskets/seals. Any surprises I should be aware of? The car runs well with a consistent 20 mpg.

3.) I plan on having a shop do transfer case fluid change, transmission filter/fluid change, and differential changed. Yes - I could fo myself but just don't want to deal with it.

4.) BIGGEST ISSUE - I lose power steering after driving 40+ miles. There is no whine or issues when cold - but after driving it whines when during the steering wheel to either end. There was a time when the reservoir was extremely low. I filled and it seems to be full. I do not see any drips or spots on my concrete. Synthetic PS was used to refill. Any thoughts?

5.) No A/C but I think the front condenser is smashed and was not replaced from the original accident that caused the salvage title.

Any other general comments would be welcomed. Thank you in advanced.

Photos are just reference to see the repairs.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a 2014 with 90k on it and had about the same amount of trouble as you (purge valve, tires, CV axle). I’m also eyeing up the spark plug service soon. She started burning oil recently (2 quarts in 5,000 miles). I just changed out the PCV valves (there are two of them - or a pcv valve and a breather). That may help with my oil burn - that remains to be seen. I would recommend doing that if it can be done more easily when the manifold is removed. I have the same beautiful color as you do - yours looks really good post repairs! I forgot to mention that my rear AC definitely seems shot and the front AC will need something before next summer as it doesn’t seem to be working as well as in the past.

·
Registered
6,862 Posts
I did plugs, and many front suspension parts at 100K. Along with a trans drain and refill,
If you can change oil- you can drain the trans fluid.

But- It will all be easier- if you do all the front end suspension at once.... all the stuff has to come apart-- may as well replace all the parts.
ohhh and the oxygen sensors. 4. I did those too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did plugs, and many front suspension parts at 100K. Along with a trans drain and refill,
If you can change oil- you can drain the trans fluid.

But- It will all be easier- if you do all the front end suspension at once.... all the stuff has to come apart-- may as well replace all the parts.
ohhh and the oxygen sensors. 4. I did those too.
Thank you -

And it isn't that I cannot do the transfer case, transmission, and differential - done those many of times - just at my age I'm there are certain items I rather pay someone to do. LOL

Thanks for the 02 sensors - did not think of those. Most definitely will do as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts