EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Perhaps I'm not setting something correctly, but I've cranked up the bass all the way on the audio settings, and while I notice a change, the system still sounds like it's a cheap transistor radio. My wife's standard system in her Hyundai sounds great by comparison, and I was never a fan of her system! Even turning on the disco station on the XM radio produces no thumping! Is there a loudness setting or something that I'm missing?

Thanks.

G

·
the base in the enclave leaves alot to be desired, the bose upgrade is not much better. i wish they had used the same system that they used in the c6 corvette, that thing THUMPS, and its a bose radio, i dont get why they change it for each car, the corvette radio in all of there bose upgrades would be awsome.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Its entirely possible that the sound deadening in the Enclave also alters the sound system acoustics. Find someone with an aftermarket stereo installation to see if the bass is much better or try adding a sub-woofer from a car stereo custom shop.

TM

·
Registered
225 Posts
Rollin Thunder + Black Bandit said:
yea, base, mid and treb are all FULL.
Tried cutting mid & treb back and pushing base & volume?

G

·
PrairieWind said:
Tried cutting mid & treb back and pushing base & volume?

i have tried mid and treb at mid and base all they way up and inorder to here every thing you have to turn it all the way up and it sounds too distorted.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I was told by the Dealer to set the Equalizer for each Station. Once it's set, forget it. I doubt you will have to do that but I do know when I first got my Enclave I set the Equalizer for a Station and the Sales Person drove it to the back of the Dealership, then returned and it was on a different Station. It sounded like Crap. The Sales Person said they didn't touch the Equalizer, and when I checked it, it was set just like Factory. I adjusted it again and it sounded great. That's when they said it must be set for each Station. I did that for several Preset Stations and now the Equalizer is set for any Source of Entertainment. Maybe it has to be set for each Band. Maybe.
Contrary to what some are saying, my Bose, in my Enclave sounds fantastic and I can't expect it to sound any better. If any Vehicle I buy in the future sound as good, I will be very happy with the Sound System. Rocketman

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
rocketman said:
I was told by the Dealer to set the Equalizer for each Station. Once it's set, forget it. I doubt you will have to do that but I do know when I first got my Enclave I set the Equalizer for a Station and the Sales Person drove it to the back of the Dealership, then returned and it was on a different Station. It sounded like Crap. The Sales Person said they didn't touch the Equalizer, and when I checked it, it was set just like Factory. I adjusted it again and it sounded great. That's when they said it must be set for each Station. I did that for several Preset Stations and now the Equalizer is set for any Source of Entertainment. Maybe it has to be set for each Band. Maybe.
Contrary to what some are saying, my Bose, in my Enclave sounds fantastic and I can't expect it to sound any better. If any Vehicle I buy in the future sound as good, I will be very happy with the Sound System. Rocketman
I agree, sometimes I feel like a dork if so many people think something sounds bad when I don't. I have package 3 with the upgraded system and Bose speakers and as I have said on another post, I think it sounds fine within the limits of being in a container going 65 miles an hour down the highway. I have had some troubles getting the sound balanced as I like it.

I did not know about setting the sound for each station and although that might be a hassle at first, is pretty cool that it stays there when you switch around.

I am satisfied with mine.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Hate to "whine" but............... in posts about 3-5 weeks ago, this subject got batted around w/ similar results! I have the Bose w/o the DVD movie system (not that the Bose 5.1 is for the RADIO/CD anyway, but rather just for movies!!).
The bass stinks!! All I can say is that I have an '03 GMC Yukon SUV w/Bose (not 5.1) and the bass is incredible!! The whole sound is! I think the Yukon has a separate woofer, to be fair, but what the heck??????

Notice that you can't find a WATTAGE rating for the radio in the Enclave??? Bet it's 150 watts!! Please correct me if I'm wrong! Please!! Basing that on fact that it sounds like my 4 speaker Chrysler van!! NOT TERRIBLE at all.......but this Buick guy is a little disappointed, in all honesty!

I have adjusted everything I can find, w/no better results! I keep looking in disbelief............... :confused:

G

·
Smokin SRX said:
Hate to "whine" but............... in posts about 3-5 weeks ago, this subject got batted around w/ similar results! I have the Bose w/o the DVD movie system (not that the Bose 5.1 is for the RADIO/CD anyway, but rather just for movies!!).
The bass stinks!! All I can say is that I have an '03 GMC Yukon SUV w/Bose (not 5.1) and the bass is incredible!! The whole sound is! I think the Yukon has a separate woofer, to be fair, but what the heck??????

Notice that you can't find a WATTAGE rating for the radio in the Enclave??? Bet it's 150 watts!! Please correct me if I'm wrong! Please!! Basing that on fact that it sounds like my 4 speaker Chrysler van!! NOT TERRIBLE at all.......but this Buick guy is a little disappointed, in all honesty!

I have adjusted everything I can find, w/no better results! I keep looking in disbelief............... :confused:

your running in to the exact same thing. my yukon is awsome its an 06 my denali is awsome, which is an 08 and has the same nav and speakers, or wait isnt it delco for the lambda and denso for every thing else, i dont know why they did that. but our enclave has ent#2 with the upgraded bose and 5.1 but no nav.

·
Registered
80 Posts
For the heck of it, have any of you tried a CD in the radio to see how it sounds? My Acadia has the standard stereo as well(aren't they the same in all three Lambdas?), and it stinks for bass. However I popped in a CD one day and was utterly blown away how stark the difference was. Really sounded quite nice in CD mode, but like others said leaves alot to be desired when listening to FM radio.

·
Registered
333 Posts
maybe there is something to the setting for each band thing. Also, I noticed a "talk" button on mine, could that be mistakenly selected on the radio causing the low bass?

·
Registered
743 Posts
cjb2486 said:
Perhaps I'm not setting something correctly, but I've cranked up the bass all the way on the audio settings, and while I notice a change, the system still sounds like it's a cheap transistor radio. My wife's standard system in her Hyundai sounds great by comparison, and I was never a fan of her system! Even turning on the disco station on the XM radio produces no thumping! Is there a loudness setting or something that I'm missing?

Thanks.
A couple of nights ago, a friend came by to show me the New Xmas Gift his Dad gave his Mom. It was a New Bently GT Convertible. Absolutely Beautiful.
He was showing me the Sound System which he said was a Bose. Now I'm sure it probably was rated higher in Watts but as for as the quality of the sound... I really couldn't tell any difference between the Bently and the Enclave. I am well pleased with my Bose in the Enclave.
Maybe you should go back to the Dealer and let them check it out. It doesn't make sense to have it if you aren't getting what you paid for. Good Luck.

·
Registered
191 Posts
RADIO SIGNAL

I HAVE NOTICED SINCE I PURCHASED THE ENCLAVE A "BAD" SIGNAL ON SOME FM RADIO STATIONS... SONG WOULD BE CLEAR THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN STATIC SETS IN... MOST STATIONS ARE SET TO ROCK/POP... WITH PREVIOUS CARS I WAS ABLE TO RECEIVE A NEW YORK STATION IN MANY PARTS OF NEW JERSEY... LOST SIGNAL QUICKLY WITH THE ENCLAVE... B4 I CALL DOES ANYONE HAVE SOLUTION??

·
Registered
379 Posts
PLEASE stop shouting!!!

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I think the radio reception is less than stellar. They were supposedly working on a fix this past summer but I have not seen one yet.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I don't know. I was under the impression that it would have lead to a TSB but when I had my transmission reflash done in September there was not one yet.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts