EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
God evening everyone. Hey, I just bought a 2008 Enclave with 199k on it. The guy I got it from says its got the oil consumption issue so I got it cheep. So we took it out for a grocery run, and turns out the windshield front wipers don't work, the washer sprays perfect, but nothing doing on the wipers. I checked for power at the fuse and wiper relay. I have power through the fuse and at pin 87 on wiper relay. Thr wiper relay clicks when I turn wipers on and then I have power at pin 30 as well. I tried putting a jumper wire to pin 87 on wiper speed relay, but nothing. I have no power of any kind to
the wiper speed relay. Someone have an idea what to check next?

·
Registered
2015 Enclave Leather.
922 Posts
Here is a thread with a wiring diagram.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool man thanks, finally a good diagram. When it comes to wiring diagrams I have a very limited understanding. Looks like there should be positive current to pin 85 on the wiper speed control relay, but I found nothing, although I should probably confirm that. Are 87a on both relays for park positioning the wiper motor? Does pin 87 of the wiper speed relay supply positive power to the wiper motor for wiper action? If I'm not mistaken the wiper switch only deals in negative currentcy. Does the wiper switch use resisted negative power to command the bcm to energergize the wiper motor with negative current? Does pin 85 or 86 of the wiper control relay recieve positive current to activate it? Does the bcm deal in both negative and positive currentcies?

·
Registered
2015 Enclave Leather.
922 Posts
Crazy wiring to follow, yes combination of Hot and Ground completions. If I were you I would check the multifunction switch, It gets a lot of use, I suppose the best way is to remove the connector off BCM and check the different positions for continuity. After that go to wiper motor and give it power and see if it runs. 92 or 96.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, I haven't gotten to it yet. So is there one connector at the bcm which takes care of the different wiper speeds, and do you know which color it is? Is there number 92 and 96 pins on the plug at the wiper motor, and if so do I give one hot and the other ground?

·
Registered
2015 Enclave Leather.
922 Posts
Looks like tan and black should make with switch closed a low resistance 1-2 ohms at most. Tan and black should have resistances at least 332 ohms, 774, 1310,1975.... for intermittent operation.
On the motor there are two positive connections, high and low speed. Dark Green loos like High, PU Purple? Low speed. Ground should be there already. Yellow Is the park switch?
These are from at 2008-2009 but those colors do not deviate from year to year much.

·
Registered
20 Posts
God evening everyone. Hey, I just bought a 2008 called with 199k on it. The guy I got it from says its got the oil consumption issue so I got it cheep. So we took it out for a grocery run, and turns out the windshield front wipers don't work, the washer sprays perfect, but nothing doing on the wipers. I checked for power at the fuse and wiper relay. I have power through the fuse and at pin 87 on wiper relay. Thr wiper relay clicks when I turn wipers on and then I have power at pin 30 as well. I tried putting a jumper wire to pin 87 on wiper speed relay, but nothing. I have no power of any kind to
the wiper speed relay. Someone have an idea what to check next?

Outside chance it could be windshield wiper switch -easy fix.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I finally got a chance to look at it. There is a one black wire going to the bcm and it is on the black (center) plug, and one tan with white stripe on the same plug. There are multiple tan wires going to different plugs.. I guess I was already thinking it was not the switch as the wiper relay gets a signal and operates when the switch is turned on, but the new switch was only $70.00 so of coarse i fell for that. It's funny how there's no power of any kind to the wiper speed relay. Would It make sense that I was guessing bcm as soon as the wiper relay works with the switch, and there's no power to the speed relay?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks like tan and black should make with switch closed a low resistance 1-2 ohms at most. Tan and black should have resistances at least 332 ohms, 774, 1310,1975.... for intermittent operation.
On the motor there are two positive connections, high and low speed. Dark Green loos like High, PU Purple? Low speed. Ground should be there already. Yellow Is the park switch?
These are from at 2008-2009 but those colors do not deviate from year to year much.
Due to your post before this one I assumed you meant "test the multifunction switch at the bcm". You actually meant "test the tan and black for appropriate restiance at the switch" didn't you? Thank so much for your responses. Its been cold out, minus twenties with an brisk east wind so I haven't dug out the wipermotor, but it's 2° again now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I managed to light myself on fire at work, so now I'm at home with second degree burns on my right hand, and a vivid picture in my mind of what those who reject God will suffer. Nice to have a chance to look into some things.. So I pulled off the cowling that reveals the wiper motor, and checked the voltages at the connection. I have ground on black, 13 volts on yellow with switch in any position, 14 volts at green wire with switch in any on positions, and 14 volts with switch in the high speed position on the purple wire. Thank you so much electbc, looks like I can go buy a wiper motor now. God bless.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts