EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just went on the site and the diamond tricoat wasn't there..............am I blind, blonde or is this for real???? :eek: Not that it effects me, but I have a girlfriend whose been trying to get her order accepted with GM and, yes - she wanted the white diamond tricoat. They've been puting off her order, I wonder if this is why? :crazy:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Does she live in Sol Cal? If so, have her do a vehicle search. I just saw 4 White diamonds at dealers throughout So Cal.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My dealer told me starting from mid October, GM took out that color. However, the orders with white diamond prior to that date (I don't remember the exact date) are still valid. GM uses another similar color to replace the
white diamond, and I am not usre it is already available now.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, she lives in SoCal - she is trying to get one at a dealership down south as I type. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
WDT is going to be replaced by platinum ice tricoat, the only difference is the basecoat which is gold mist on the WDT and it will be platinum met. on the platinum ice tricoat.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Gmoney_2010 said:
WDT is going to be replaced by platinum ice tricoat, the only difference is the basecoat which is gold mist on the WDT and it will be platinum met. on the platinum ice tricoat.
Yes, basically. The new Platinum Ice is just a "whiter" white pearl, with the silver base, versus the goldish/yellowish slight hue of the current White Diamond. GM frequently changes their pearl white varieties from year to year and model to model, which you can see specifically if you look at something like the '00-05 Cadillac Deville. First, was the original White Diamond, then White Lightening, etc., some which were golder, others whiter, and some that gave off an almost lime green glow in certain lights.

It's a fun luxury color, and rarely do the variations get questionable, unless there's really too much gold/yellow in it or it's just too plain looking of a white.

·
Registered
25 Posts
What dealer? If your friend goes down to National City...they have one that we goy to $500 over invoice, but left b/c it didn't have Nav.

Good luck! Keep me posted

·
Registered
743 Posts
As I mentioned when I first joined the Forum, the new white Color is probably the same as White Pearl was on the Cadillac Allente a few years back. It was a Whiter White than the White Diamond, and it had the Metallic look.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The restriction on White Diamond paint and now it's elimation is strange and is limited to the Lambdas. I test drove a 2008 Cadillac CTS this week - an outstanding car which shares many drive train components with the Lambdas.

The real "showcar" was a White Diamond with Cashmere Leather in the center of the showroom. The color combination is spectacular. White Diamond is available (at extra cost but no production limitations) on both the new CTS and larger carryover DTS. There is no shortage from the paint supplier DuPont.

The Platinum Ice may be great, but will it go with the golden tone Cashmere Leather interior - by far the most popular choice of Buick Enclave buyers? Also since it is still a tri-coat, it does not eliminate extra work at the paint shop of the Delta plant. This is just another unexplained. badly handled issue with Enclave???

I am still waiting since May 9 for my White Diamond Enclave. It "is scheduled for production the week of October 29." If so, I will be satisfied, although I am still frustrated now. If not, it may be a lost cause with dropping the White Diamond paint, which I really want.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Bradend, sorry to hear you've been waiting so long!! This makes me afraid to even order an Enclave...5 months is a long time!

What will you get if you cannot get the White Diamond?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Why do they want two Platinum/Silver colored Enclaves?[/color]

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
It wouldnt be silver(i hope!!), silver would just be the base coat of the three coats.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Gmoney_2010 said:
It wouldnt be silver(i hope!!), silver would just be the base coat of the three coats.
Exactly, it's NOT silver, but just has a silver base. Pearl whites that are multi-stage have a base color underneath, always, and that affects the overall "tint" that the pearl white gets. Now, with the light gold base, it can give off a more gold/yellow hue, and with the silver base, it'll just be a whiter white, and more "crisp", without the yellow-gold.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts