EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post alert! ;o)

I've been reviewing the forum for the past day or so and feel I have some good ideas as to where I am at as we work through our new purchase.

It's a 2009 Enclave CXL AWD, it has the full entertainment package with rear DVD and BOSE system. I get zero sound at all, no chimes or even indicator clicks, so I checked the rear entertainment system by plugging in a set of headphones to the rear headphone jack and I could hear the DVD playing. So based on the issues seen here on the forum it would indicate a bad Amp. I checked the interior fuse panel for the radio fuse, but I couldn't figure out which one was for the Amp. Is there a specific fuse for the Amp in the interior fuse panel? If so can you let me know which one it is? I assume its the amp anyway and will need to replace it, but want to check never the less just in case.

How do I know which part number to replace it with prior to getting it out? There are a few options on amazon but I don't want to order the wrong one.

Thanks for all of you help in advance!

·
Registered
18 Posts
First post alert! ;o)

I've been reviewing the forum for the past day or so and feel I have some good ideas as to where I am at as we work through our new purchase.

It's a 2009 Enclave CXL AWD, it has the full entertainment package with rear DVD and BOSE system. I get zero sound at all, no chimes or even indicator clicks, so I checked the rear entertainment system by plugging in a set of headphones to the rear headphone jack and I could hear the DVD playing. So based on the issues seen here on the forum it would indicate a bad Amp. I checked the interior fuse panel for the radio fuse, but I couldn't figure out which one was for the Amp. Is there a specific fuse for the Amp in the interior fuse panel? If so can you let me know which one it is? I assume its the amp anyway and will need to replace it, but want to check never the less just in case.

How do I know which part number to replace it with prior to getting it out? There are a few options on amazon but I don't want to order the wrong one.

Thanks for all of you help in advance!
It does sound like a bad Bose amp or the fuse for the amp. The Bose amp is located beneath the steering wheel - there are a couple of good videos on Youtube regarding removing & installing a new one.

I suggest checking eBay for the Bose amp. They are a fairly common pull from a wrecked vehicle. I recall the amps unchanged for the 2008 - 2012 model years on the Enclave/Traverse/Acadia so you can install a "newer" amp from a wrecked 2012 Traverse.

I only have the Radio / 6-speaker setup in my 2011 Enclave but have researched adding a Bose amp. I decided against attempting a Bose retrofit based on that research.

www.gmpartsdirect.com (or another GM parts website) can give you more info. I see the amp under Body / Sound System. GM part number is 25907216. Price there is $281. eBay runs $110 for a refubrished amp.

I checked on the fuse for the amp as I too was curious. It is not located under the hood but rather on the 2nd fuse panel near the instrument cluster - Buick Enclave (2008 - 2009) - fuse box diagram - Auto Genius.

Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks very much for the detailed reply. I am going to check the fuse for the Amp after looking at the diagram again. I only checked the 'radio' fuse yesterday, fingers crossed its just a bad fuse! ;o)

Appreciate the help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok just as a quick follow up, I found the fuse, pulled it and it was fine. Replaced it and tried the system to see if it had reset but to no avail. It looks like the amp is the culprit and I'll try that next. As a quick random question, will the IR headphones work without the amp just like plugging into the headphone jack?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just wanted to circle back and round off the topic. I ordered a used amp from eBay and got round to fitting it today. What a bear that is to do! Lol

The good news is that it solved the problem, all sounds now work and are good to go! Initial diagnosis was on point so I appreciate the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts