EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon. I've owned my 2009 Enclave for 8 years now and just replaced the timing chain, now the vehicle will not start. I followed the Cloyes instruction video and manual instructions for this. I have now taken it apart 3 times to ensure the timing is correct and it still will not start. The engine turns as if starting but just fails to start. Anyone have similar issues? BTW the chains are a pain to do although I've gotten pretty proficient at getting to them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
Do you have fuel and do you have spark? Sounds like in re-assembly you failed to reconnect something.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Disregard, thank you for the great advice. I found the issue. I left the vacuum line that connects from the rear valve cover to the top of the intake manifold off.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Disregard, thank you for the great advice. I found the issue. I left the vacuum line that connects from the rear valve cover to the top of the intake manifold off.
Oh, my ... that must be at once a happy occasion and frustrating due to the time you put in! Is it running well?

Reactions: alejocaz

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh, my ... that must be at once a happy occasion and frustrating due to the time you put in! Is it running well?
Yes it does run well and It was really frustrating. I had decided to just take it in to my local shop if it didn't run. But thankfully it's up and running well. I recommend if you do this you have a nice cool shady spot, a step by step video and the replacement directions which your local O'Reillys can print for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts