EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I decided to top up my gas tank the other day. I put approximately 4 gallons in it. As I got 10 miles down the road I had no power. When the rpms got around 3000 it had power again. Did that a few times at stops and such.
it stalled at a stop sign and barely got it started. Got it home. Was able to start it few more times. I did a code check. The stabilitrak light did come on as well.
I got the dreaded cam timing errors. Both sides. And a maf code as well.
now it won’t start any more.
Next day I drove by the gas station in another vehicle and the pump I used and one by it were blocked off. Others were still open.
Does this sound like bad gas??
I should say I had new timing Chains and sprockets and guides fixed in December. Do like 4 months ago. it did run okay rough yes but hard to start mainly.

could the chains be bad already?
I changed the purge valve as I did have a spare. No luck.
Checked for spark. Was good.
pushed the needle valve on fuel rain. Gas was pumping out as my gf cranked over.
Thanks to all for input

·
Registered
622 Posts
What cam timing errors? What year, how many miles?. Who did the timing chain replacement and why didn't you have them look at it when it was starting rough?
How often do you change the oil and do you use synthetic? Has anybody checked and cleaned the VVT solenoid screens?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I put 4 brand new vvt solinoids in it when I did the timing chains.
It’s been about 15000km. I’ve changed the oil and filter a few times since.
sounds like you don’t think it’s bad gas.

·
Registered
622 Posts
If you think it's bad gas throw a bottle of HEET in and also use a bottle of Techtron Plus at next fillup. There is a problem sometimes after filling up, it wont start, this is usually a bad purge valve. Have you ever replaced the Purge valve? Could also be a vacuum Leak.
The 2008 Enclaves have the vacuum Assisted Motor mounts. There are some vacuum hoses which give trouble either by cracking or not reinstalled properly after any engine work. Check the hoses down on the mounts.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’ve changed purge valve with spare I had
I put a few bottles of gas line antifreeze in it.
it won’t start now that the motor is cold.
maybe it’s a timing issue. I sure hope not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts