EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I bought a 2010 Buick Enclave and I am hearing some very bad noise from the rear driver's side tyre especially on ridding on a rough surface.

Checked for loose nuts or objects in the truck but found none. Does anyone have an idea of what could be wrong?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
653 Posts
Wheel bearing
Shocks
Control arms
Rear sway bar
Brake pads
Brake rotor
Caliper
Cupped tire
Rear CV shaft (if it's AWD)
Rear differential (if it's AWD)

"Very bad noise" isn't much to go on. It's not like we can test drive your vehicle for you over the internet. What does it sound like? Does it increase/decrease with speed? Does it get louder or quieter depending on if you turn left/right?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wheel bearing
Shocks
Control arms
Rear sway bar
Brake pads
Brake rotor
Caliper
Cupped tire
Rear CV shaft (if it's AWD)
Rear differential (if it's AWD)

"Very bad noise" isn't much to go on. It's not like we can test drive your vehicle for you over the internet. What does it sound like? Does it increase/decrease with speed? Does it get louder or quieter depending on if you turn left/right?
Thank you JayS for your response.
Yes, it's AWD.
No, it doesn't get louder at high speed.
And it sounds like something is hitting the body of the car; like something has gone loose.

·
Super Moderator
653 Posts
Check the heat shield over the muffler, just ahead of the rear tire. Mine just came loose 2 weeks ago. When it flaps around it hits the floor pan and makes a pretty good noise.

If it’s not that you’ll really need to get it up in the air and start looking for loose suspension components.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts