EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, Newbie here! My husband and I just recently purchased a new to us 2011 Buick Enclave with 74,000 mi. about a month ago. We were searching for 2015-2016 with much lower mileage. After test driving several 2015-2016's we came across our 2011 and I actually preferred the interior and exterior to what was available at the time of the 2015-2016's. Of course the fact that this one was 5 to 10 thousand less didn't hurt either. We feel the previous owner had pampered this car based on the Carfax info we retrieved. We purchased from CarMax, first time ever dealing with them and all went so smoothly. They even ordered and replaced a cracked plastic seat cover in the middle row that we saw it had at the time of purchase and reimbursed us for the owners manual we had to order because it didn't have one. My car seems to have a new car smell as well, no joke! Anyway like I said it's been very pampered. The only qualms I have are that it did not have the Nav Infotainment even tho it does have backup camera, bluetooth and all the other bells and whistles. Driving it is a dream so smooth and quiet except upon acceleration. My husband said yeah it does seem a little loud upon acceleration but sounds normal to him for a car this age. I even had the mechanics take it for a spin when I went back for them to replace the ordered part and they said all seemed normal to them. I previously drove a 2003 Mazda Tribute that we decided to keep, it's pampered too. Anyway, what am I hearing upon acceleration, is it the exhaust? It's weird because depending upon how fast I get up to speed it makes nearly no noise at all after that is so smooth but only sounds this way after slowing down and then accelerating again. I love this car just trying to understand what is normal and what is not upon acceleration.

·
Registered
6,525 Posts
But you fail to tell us what the sound--- sounds like/

a woosh, clank, etc.....

kind of like the AAMCO commercial.. where people describe sounds.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This sounds similar to my issue. My 2008 fwd CXL recently started making a loud resonating or droning noise when under load. Like when torque is applied starting out from a stand still or accelerating quickly.

I just replaced the CV shaft and the wheel bearing. It did have a clicking noise when turning which thankfully went away. But I still have the resonating noise. A torque converter was put in last year because it was slipping between gears.

What else should I look at?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I also did the brakes. Feels nice and solid now when braking, still has the noise. Fearful of transmission issue, but it shifts great. Guess I’ll take it in to the shop this week.

·
Registered
376 Posts
But you fail to tell us what the sound--- sounds like/

a woosh, clank, etc.....

kind of like the AAMCO commercial.. where people describe sounds.
Don't you just love it when a newbie come on asking for advice, then when we take the time to answer, they never come back to answer our questions or comment on our suggestions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts