EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the temperatures have been a little brisk in Canada of late -26c I have noticed that the heater takes a long time to get anything like warm. The temp gauge is on normal and the heat is coming out but not nearly as effective as my Toyota or Nissan.

I set it on high 31 and auto - the fan blasts for ever and you feel no great warmth. setting to manual is no more effective. Seat heater on you can hardly feel them through a good winter jacket - an I have a few of them. My feet were actually cold last week - not used to that.
I have it set on front only no aux.

Maybe have to look for a Buick winter suit and dive with my -43c boots on - Canadian Style EH!!

Maybe I have a Florida car -- best move south

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
If you don't have the aux on, that may be your problem......all the heat coming out of your front vents is migrating to the rear to heat that big cold space up. Try having aux on and see if that helps......remember this is a BIG box, so it may take some time to heat up the entire interior volume, but once the interior space is heated evenly (with AUX on) it should be much more comfortable inside the entire vehicle.

·
Registered
333 Posts
asgard said:
As the temperatures have been a little brisk in Canada of late -26c I have noticed that the heater takes a long time to get anything like warm. The temp gauge is on normal and the heat is coming out but not nearly as effective as my Toyota or Nissan.

I set it on high 31 and auto - the fan blasts for ever and you feel no great warmth. setting to manual is no more effective. Seat heater on you can hardly feel them through a good winter jacket - an I have a few of them. My feet were actually cold last week - not used to that.

Maybe have to look for a Buick winter suit and dive with my -43c boots on - Canadian Style EH!!

Do you have it on recirc. so you're not trying to heat the -26 incoming air??

·
Registered
80 Posts
asgard said:

I live in Winnipeg. It's cold here. No problem with the Enclave heater. I don't turn on AUX because I don't like the extra noise. My seat heater gets so hot in the max setting that, once it gets warm, I have to turn it down or it hurts. I don't wear a super insulating jacket, just an ordinary one.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm in Noerthern MN, and I have no prob. i don't use the aux becaluse I don't think that it is nec. if I am the only one in the vehicle. My butt is also very toasty on sub zero F mornings.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hello to Winnipeg, we just left there! Enjoying the "tropical" winter in Windsor, ON now :thumb:

Re Aux - did I misunderstand its purpose? I thought it was to allow the rear pax to control their own temps, i.e. that if I didn't have "Aux" on, there would still be heat coming out the rear vents but that they couldn't alter the temp themselves, it would be the same as I had set my driver temp to.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
asgard said:

Sorry you're so unhappy. Do you have/use remote start to pre-heat?? Majority of other frigid zone members seem to be satisfied. This may not be the car for you. If I was this unhappy, I'd sell and by another Toyota.

·
Registered
405 Posts
DH Has a seat heater in his Chrysler that I swear is defective, your butt actually gets FRIED ;D...BUT you cannot feel his seat heaters thru a good winter coat...my guess is because the coat insulates you from heat as well as cold?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
My Enclave is toasty warm in the Colorado winter! Both heater and seat and the auto start is great!! Have the dealer check it out.[/color] :cheers:

·
Registered
344 Posts
I haven't noticed any problems with my heat either. We've been having a very cold winter here also. Lots of snow and ice, low 30's. I don't have remote start (wish I did!), about the only thing I can complain about, which isn't really a complaint, probably just me, is that my feet tend to get very cold, especially work days when I have work shoes on that aren't warm, so I put the heat to the floor, and it seems it only blows on my right foot, and my left foot stays cold. I know this is probably just me, because when my husbands driving he says his feet get too hot. So guess they can't satisfy everyone! :D

·
Registered
410 Posts
butterscotch said:
Re Aux - did I misunderstand its purpose? I thought it was to allow the rear pax to control their own temps, i.e. that if I didn't have "Aux" on, there would still be heat coming out the rear vents but that they couldn't alter the temp themselves, it would be the same as I had set my driver temp to.
Yes you did. I thought the same thing too! I swear the dealer told me wrong....

What the Aux does is turn on the rear vents and have it controlled all by the dashboard controls. If Aux is off, no air comes out of the rear vents.

If the rear passengers want to control the temp, there are controls on the back of the console between the two front seats that do this. This overrides whatever "aux" is set to.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Ahhh! I've been telling my poor kid to quit whining, when actually he's probably been freezing back there!

So no Aux equals no heat for that zone? Oops.

Thanks for clarifying, jbradfor :thumb:

jbradfor said:
Yes you did. I thought the same thing too! I swear the dealer told me wrong....

What the Aux does is turn on the rear vents and have it controlled all by the dashboard controls. If Aux is off, no air comes out of the rear vents.

If the rear passengers want to control the temp, there are controls on the back of the console between the two front seats that do this. This overrides whatever "aux" is set to.

·
Registered
405 Posts
butterscotch said:
Ahhh! I've been telling my poor kid to quit whining, when actually he's probably been freezing back there!

Thanks for clarifying, jbradfor :thumb:

Hahahaha, funny post of the day ;D...(Not too funny for your frozen son, though!)

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
*Enclave* said:
Hahahaha, funny post of the day ;D...(Not too funny for your frozen son, though!)
Ah, that's nothing. Butterscotch used to walk four miles to school in the snow with only one shoe. All of it uphill. As was the trip back home.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
butterscotch said:

Awwwwwwwwwww, poor kid![/color] ;D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,

Well I can't compare to any other brands......we only buy GM. :) The new Enclave has a great heater. The seats don't warm up as fast as my 07.5 Duramax but very close. We live in Edmonton -17C here right now and I keep the temp at 21.5 C any higher seems to hot to me. I would have your dealer check it for you.

Rick

·
Registered
410 Posts
asgard said:
What do you define as "a long time"? I find it takes about 5-7 minutes for the car to warm up and the fan goes to low. [This is starting from the car parked in our 40F garage and the outside air temp about 0-15F.] This is a a bit longer than our other car, but not a lot longer.

·
Registered
159 Posts
The heater in this beast burns up the heater in my old 02 Altima. Hotter, faster.

·
Registered
379 Posts
We have had some VERY cold (for Oklahoma) weather the last 2 days and the heater in both of our Enclaves have been great!

My Lexus RX heated up fast, but this one is even faster and had me turning it down in a hurry! My partner says his heats him out by the time he gets about 1/4 either too or from work.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
My heater also works great.
In fact, I am changing my name to Bernie ;D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts