EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interesting story. I was picking up my Volvo XC90 (which I am returning off lease in 2 weeks when our Enclave arrives) from the body shop. I saw an 08 Enclave on the board. I commented that its a real shame, the car must be brand new and its in for body work. He said, to me, yes but thats not the worst part. The car has been there for 3 weeks as GM cannot deliver the body parts required to fix it. He said it was small little things, but essential to fix the car. He also noted that by law they are required to have those parts in stock.

·
Premium Member
21,166 Posts
My Enclave was rear-ended recently and the insurance adjustor indicated that the rear bumper and exhaust system may require replacement, in addition to any other parts the body shop indicates, when the car is repaired. My insurance plan offers 30 day car rental coverage, but I am concerned that would be insufficient due to GM parts availability delays. I do not want any aftermarket parts, even if they are available for the Enclave. Before I select a body shop, is there a way to determine if the parts my car will likely need are delayed and, if so, how long?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I wanted everyone on this forum to know that GM has fallen off my good list very quickly. My 2008 enclave has been sitting at the dealership for almost 2 months now because we had to get a new rear panel. They all proclaimed how it was an easy repair and that they should have it fixed in a few days. My wife backed out the garage with the hatch open and bent it, therfore the car could not be locked. After the dealer ordered the panel, the panel came in, at least thats what they told me. Then they said that panel was damaged and they would have to order another one. That was two months ago, because we dropped off the car anticipating the repair would be done with the first panel. After numerous calls to GM, a so called strike at the plant that makes the panels, which ended over a month ago, several heated conversations with the dealership, 30 days in a rental car that ended 3 weeks ago from the insurance company, I was able to get GM to pick up the tab on my rental vehicle. BUT I STILL DON'T HAVE MY VEHICLE BACK!!!!! This is as bad as American made can get.....hmm........ wonder why there are so many laid off, early retired, out of work, and down and out car company employees....because the american consumer is who gets screwed everytime one of these companies sell a car. Finally I thought they built a car worth buying, now I am wondering if I should drive it because I may need a part to repair it. Maybe I will just let it sit and look at it all day.

·
Premium Member
21,166 Posts
I was worried about long delays for parts orders, but I guess I was lucky. My dealer's body shop estimated a one to two week repair time for my damaged rear bumper and exhaust system, and it took only seven days! This was, by far, the quickest body shop turnaround time I've ever experienced! Apparently, the GM parts back orders are only for certain items. Also, remember that the Enclave is still (I believe) in its first year of production, and some of the parts and body panels are unique to the vehicle, so replacement parts are still scarce.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts