EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just went thru the Enclave Color Charts (2008-2014) and realized the many colors I have never seen or have mistaken for another color....too many gray's to tell them apart. Any way I wonder if actual owners can post some pics of what I consider to be the not-to-common colors.

Blue Gold Crystal Metallic
Ming Blue Metallic
Dark Crimson Metallic
Platinum Ice
Silver Green Metallic
Gold Mist Metallic
Grey Green Metallic
Ice Blue Metallic
Twilight Blue Metallic
Atlantis Blue Metallic
Iridium Metallic

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Ice Blue Metallic never made it to production, if I recall correctly. Also, I am unfamiliar with Atlantis Blue Metallic. Platinum Ice Tricoat also never was implemented.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I have not seen an Enclave in Ming Blue Metallic but that is the color of my Lesabre. When we purchased our Enclave in in November the dealer had one in Atlantis Blue Metallic on the lot. I liked the color along with the grey leather in it but not the trim color that they use with that interior color. The panels that are a wood color in ours was some odd color in it, not for me.

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
Here's my Silver Green:

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
I've seen the Silver Green and it's gorgeous. I wish Enclave would offer some of the greens , e.g. Sage, etc. It would be stunning.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
My very first car was Emerald Green. For an econobox, it looked okay because of the color. Green can be a difficult color to make right for a car. It either looks great, or it looks cheap and garish, in my opinion.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Twilight Blue

It was probably the only one in the state available in the base or convenience package my wife wanted.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Platinum Ice Metallic is about the same color as Quicksilver Metallic which replaced it in 2009 and I suspect it was just as popular then as it is now, which is fairly popular.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
ttl35esq said:
Twilight Blue

It was probably the only one in the state available in the base or convenience package my wife wanted.

Twilight Blue Metallic was a limited edition color for the 2012 model offered only during the Spring of 2012.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
TAZ427 said:
Platinum Ice Metallic is about the same color as Quicksilver Metallic which replaced it in 2009 and I suspect it was just as popular then as it is now, which is fairly popular.
Platinum Metallic was replaced by Quicksilver Metallic. Platinum Ice Tricoat was a never implemented replacement for White Diamond Tricoat.

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
Platinum Metallic was replaced by Quicksilver Metallic. Platinum Ice Tricoat was a never implemented replacement for White Diamond Tricoat.
My 07 Outlook was the Platinum Metallic, the Quicksilver Metallic is a lighter brighter silver.

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
I don't see much difference between the limited twilight blue and the current atlantis blue, but I bet side by side there's more different than what we see in photos. I'm going to check some online listings and see if I can get two photos.

EDIT: Here are two photos, with what I believe are similar lighting in the picture and the atlantis blue appears darker. Boy, I looked at a bunch of 2013 atlantis blue photos and I really like that color on the Enclave! Maybe even better than the newer cyber gray they've been offering. I've got to stop looking at photos of new ones, gives me the itch....of course until I see the price! :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts
wow, that twilight blue in the second picture looks really light, almost baby blue-ish. that's the problem with photos. now i'm curious to see the two colors side by side as well.

kidsenclave said:
I don't see much difference between the limited twilight blue and the current atlantis blue, but I bet side by side there's more different than what we see in photos. I'm going to check some online listings and see if I can get two photos.

EDIT: Here are two photos, with what I believe are similar lighting in the picture and the atlantis blue appears darker. Boy, I looked at a bunch of 2013 atlantis blue photos and I really like that color on the Enclave! Maybe even better than the newer cyber gray they've been offering. I've got to stop looking at photos of new ones, gives me the itch....of course until I see the price! :eek:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Blue gold, check out the profile pic. Its one of those tri-coat colors so it changes based on the lighting. More often than not it either looks gray or sky-blue.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Based on prior discussion on this forum, Blue Gold is not a tricoat, but rather it has different color metallic flecks within the base coat that yield the interesting hue shifts in different lighting conditions.

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
We wanted Blue-gold but it was not offered in 2009, so we ordered the silver green sight unseen. I'm so glad, no offense to Blue-gold owners, that we got that instead because every time I see the Blue-gold....it looks gray, and doesn't have much blue color....unless it's really sunny out, where it looks it's best. Perhaps that's the neat factor, it changes based on lighting.

Wonder if there will ever be a time where someone, driving a Blue-gold, who the police are looking for will get away because the report will be "a gray Enclave.....". Or the other way around. :happy:

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
There is a Blue Gold Enclave in the neighborhood, and I think it looks great. I have agree that it tends to look grey a lot of the time, but that is part of the allure of the color, in my opinion.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
9 Participants
GoldEnclave
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing