EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just made an order today 11/03/07. Hope I can get the car before mid Jan. Mass Lowell Buick dealer. Nice and pleasant experience.
One question: The invoice the dealer showed me had $701 of ad fee. Is that normal?

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
enigmacx said:
Just made an order today 11/03/07. Hope I can get the car before mid Jan. Mass Lowell Buick dealer. Nice and pleasant experience.
One question: The invoice the dealer showed me had $701 of ad fee. Is that normal?
I think that number may be variable, but my dealer also had an advertisement fee which he told me pays for the advertising that the dealers in the area all pay for. Now I notice say on a Buick TV add, they flash a screen at the end with all the local dealers name on it, I think that is what he was talking about. Whether they are all 701 I don't know and can't remember what mine was, but it was in that ballpark for sure.

·
Registered
612 Posts
enigmacx said:
My neighbor is a sales manager for Dodge and Kia. He knows the business very well. He says the GM ad fee is 2% for St. Louis, 2.5% for Kansas City, and 4% for Chicago. Your $700 is pretty good considering Lowell Massachusetts is close to Boston.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Ordered my Enclave on 11-08-07.
I've been hit with that charge before (Dodge) and refused to pay it. Didn't have to either. In my view, the only way I would ever agree to pay for a company to advertise is if they include it in the price of the product. If I agree to the price, then that's fine. Would you agree to pay an additional advertisement charge for anything else you buy? Bread? Milk, cloths? Tacking it on to the end after negotiations is grounds for me to walk. Sheesh! $700/car and 2000 cars a month is $1.4 million in advertisement a month. I doubt that is whats happening. Amortization is absorbing the cost of business by adjusting your price to include those costs over time.

·
Registered
83 Posts
enigmacx said:
Congrats. Did you get a build date? We ordered 11/27 and our dealer says he expects to have the date by 12/12. Is the build date normally determined that quick? We ordered from Philadelphia, PA area. Also hope to see it in January but understand that may be unrealistic expectations for us.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
kmitchell
Welcome to the forum :thumb:

MRBUICK

·
Registered
509 Posts
kmitchell said:
Congrats. Did you get a build date? We ordered 11/27 and our dealer says he expects to have the date by 12/12. Is the build date normally determined that quick? We ordered from Philadelphia, PA area. Also hope to see it in January but understand that may be unrealistic expectations for us.
Sounds good, if the dealer had an open allocation. I'm officially from DE, but live on the Main Line most of the year and we went Enclave shopping here before...where did you order from?

·
Registered
83 Posts
We ordered from Armen in Ardmore. I am a former GMAC employee and my brother still is so the employee price made the Enclave an even more attractive purchase. We looked at several GM cars and the Enclave is definitely our favorite and our dealer at Armen is very much no-nonsense approach which is important to us. We actually had a Saturn Outlook dealer tell us they could only tell us an estimated price on an ordered outlook and wanted 2500 down and the price could change in the time it took to build. Amazing these sales tactics still exist but the outlook doesnt compare to the enclave so it didnt really matter to us. It was clear they wanted us to buy from the lot.

·
Registered
83 Posts
we just got a build date of 1/28 for our 11/27 order. anyone else on here with november orders? what are your build dates?

for those of you who already have your enclaves, at what point were you able to get you vin? at the end of the build week?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Ordered Nov. 1st. Dealer received alocation Nov. 10th. Arrived today: Jan 2nd. Too bad I can't get it till Friday when I return :(

·
Registered
19 Posts
I got confirmation on Tuesday that my car was indeed built on January 7th. :thumb:
Hope a build date the first day back from work after a long holiday is a good one.

PS #1 my dealer who I buy work trucks from is charging me zero in advertising fees

PS #2 My dealer is installing the running boards for $625 plus $130 for installation.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Finally got a call from my dealer, telling me my car has been built in the week of 1/7/2008. :angel: But was told will be arriving at the dealership between later Jan and early March. ::)
Hope I can get it ASAP. Can't wait!!
I was also told of the newly available $500 bonus cash and $500 conquest rebate should still be available.  ;D

·
Registered
83 Posts
enigmacx said:
Finally got a call from my dealer, telling me my car has been built in the week of 1/7/2008. :angel: But was told will be arriving at the dealership between later Jan and early March. ::)
Hope I can get it ASAP. Can't wait!!
I was also told of the newly available $500 bonus cash and $500 conquest rebate should still be available. ;D
Kevin & enigmacx, did either of your dealers mention anything about the Dec price increase changing your price? just curious as I ordered pre Dec 17th (price increase date) and am also taking delivery after the 17th with a Jan 28th build date.

Enigmacx, did your dealer bring up the $500 bonus cash and $500 conquest rebate or did you? I see the documentation online for the $500 bonus cash so I plan to bring that when I head in for pick up but I dont see anything documented re the $500 conquest rebate. My dealer said back in November that it was not available. Later I read on here it was so I need to find any docs I can to take in with me.

Regarding an early March delivery after a Jan 7th build week that sounds outrageous. Everything I have read on here shows more of a 10 - 14 day wait after the build.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
kmitchell,

My dealer said it would be the agreed price.
It's the dealer who brought up the cash bonus and I asked about the rebate. No problem with both. :thumb:
The dealer said the car would be on the train first, after arriving at boston it would be delivered to dealer by truck. I hope he was giving a wide range for all possibilities. I really hope to get my enclave in the next 2 weeks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My agreement stated a fixed price as of the order date, plus I get any rebates, incentives or discounts that come as of the delivery date.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Happy Happy, Joy Joy! Got a build date for Jan 21! Ordered 11/27.
Sales manager gave a wide range for delivery....." could be 2 weeks but maybe 3-4 weeks, we just don't know".
They mentioned the $500 conquest. I didn't think Enclave had any Bonus cash.
GM.com/current offers only lists the conquest cash.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Wow. This is ridiculous. It is gone now. It used to say $500 cash allowance for a 2008 Enclave if delivered by 3/3. Does not say it anymore. How can they put that offer our there and then remove it. I wish I printed off a copy. It was on the site starting 1/3 and it looks like the site was updated 1/15 and no longer says $500 for the enclave.

·
Registered
49 Posts
kmitchell, I actually printed off the $500 Cash to Customer Rebate yesterday. I too, cannot find it today. It says that the $500 Cash to Customer Rebate is good from 01/03/2008 - 03/03/2008. Do you think the dealership will honor this print off if I have it when I pick up my Enclave? Would it help if I scanned this print off and emailed it to you? Just a thought. :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
PLATINUMENCL said:
kmitchell, I actually printed off the $500 Cash to Customer Rebate yesterday. I too, cannot find it today. It says that the $500 Cash to Customer Rebate is good from 01/03/2008 - 03/03/2008. Do you think the dealership will honor this print off if I have it when I pick up my Enclave? Would it help if I scanned this print off and emailed it to you? Just a thought. :)
Nice. That would be fabulous. It is definitely worth a shot. If you have a printout that says good until 3/3 then I think GM would have to honor it, right???

If you could scan it and email then that would be greatly appreciated. :cheers:

[email protected]

Thank you!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts