EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
For light "summer" dirt/dust: maybe. For "winter" grime/salt/whatever: No Way, need flowing water and detergent to get that stuff off safely. IMO. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
I've never used them but these types of products have been around since the 70's.

I would be concerned about trying this on an extremely dirty finish because it would probably scratch the clearcoat. If you had just dust and maybe a lightly dirty vehicle it would probably be OK.

I use the quick detailer sprays on my vehicles when I want to get rid of extremely light soiling or dust. They are supposed to do basically the same thing as NoWet - suspend the dirt in the liquid so that it won't scratch the clearcoat. I use a clean towel after the first wipe removes the dirt.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
the link wont work for me ??? :eek: :( :mad:

·
Registered
743 Posts
It takes Water to remove Dirt and Dust as far as I'm concerned, and ofcourse, Detergent. I've seen Beautiful Cars with little Spider Web scratches on them. I try to avoid that and so far, with success. The only shortcut I take is ...when drying the Vehicle, I use the California Water Blade. And it works !!

·
Registered
325 Posts
I use the California Water Blade also, and have for several years, & I think it works great. Then use a towel for the areas the blade won't reach.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I guess I get to play dummy and ask, what the heck is a California Water Blade? ;D

·
Registered
743 Posts
firebird said:
I use the California Water Blade also, and have for several years, & I think it works great. Then use a towel for the areas the blade won't reach.
That's exactly what I do and it works great, and certainly cuts down on drying time.
I've had mine approx.,10 Years.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The water blade scares me a bit. On missed grain of dirt/sand and you stand the chance of scratching the finish. If you've got a good coat of wax on the car put an ounce of Optima No Rinse http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-no-rinse.html in your wash water, then after rinsing hit the car with an electric leaf blower. No chance of scratches and car comes out spotless. Neighbors may look at you a little strange :eek:

·
Registered
159 Posts
I always use a leaf-blower or the exhaust of a shop-vac to dry my Harley. Works really well and no spots.

·
Registered
743 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
PAPoPo said:
you are welcome, Rocket are you from Atlanta?
I sure am. I've traveled extensively, and lived quite a number of places, but the ATL is Home. Are you from this Area ?
It's growing like crazy down here but very seldom do I see an Enclave. 8)

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
No actually I was down there for the NCAA semifinals and final four last year. We had a blast, nice city, just need to stay away from the violent, high crime, shitty areas.....

·
Registered
743 Posts
Good advice to anyone visiting, however, there are many many more places in the area to visit,e.g., Downtown has a population of about (Est.) 500,000 and ATL Metro area has approx 4,000,000 people.Traffic is terrible.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts