EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 278 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post your sightings of this rare vehicle here! Not your own please ;)
Of course for the next few months, this will mostly be just at car shows and special events, but those still count!

Preferred format:

"<Color> traveling <directional> on <road/hwy> on <date>."
Example: Carbon traveling South on I-95 on 2/22.

Reply to the post if you've been spotted. Happy hunting :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Re: Enclave Sightings

Spotted one today (3/30) on I-675 S in Dayton, OH, between mile 15 and 13. Silver with the dark gray band around the bottom. It was next to a new Hyundai Sante Fe and it looked about the same size from the back - looks can be deceiving - it was much bigger from the side

It was great seeing one in person. From the pictures I always thought it looked like the lexus 330, but in person it seems much more substantial - much better looking.

The only problem I had with the look is that the buick emblem on the back looked really, really big.

This is the first of the lambda triplets I've seen on the road - no Acadias or Outlooks. Go figure.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts

Did you think it looked at all like a minivan?? I hate minivans!! and im really hoping this looks more like a SUV!!

·
Registered
20 Posts

Didn't look like a minivan at all. The rear end was deceiving in that it looked much smaller than it was. I almost always associate minivans with blocky rear ends. Front and sides looked very SUV like.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts

Ok good!! thanks

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I saw all three nearly side by side at the DC Auto show in January. Now granted, the Enclave was still in "Concept" form, but I don't think the production version has changed much (if at all) on the exterior. In my opinion, the enclave looks the most "car-like" of the three triplets.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts

I just saw the split in half Enclave on abc's national news when they were talking about the Electronic Stability Control System being a law for all cars to have by 2012.

·
Registered
22 Posts

Passed one in Central Indiana on Easter Sunday @ 9am. SR 25 north headed out of Lafayette. Cocoa. Looked very nice! Wife told me that we should turn-a-round but we were late for church. :eek:

·
Registered
1,302 Posts

Sweet! You definately should have turned around!! and taken some pictures. Was it CX or CXL?

·
Registered
22 Posts

As we passed it I was shocked that it was an Enclave and I didn't have time to look at anything else. Sorry! It was headed north and we were going south but it DID look nice from what I could see @ 60mph..

·
Registered
24 Posts

wow...that means I went undetected...MI to Charleston SC and back...from 4/5 to 4/12. Crossed through OH, VA, WV, NC, SC, TN, KY. Guess the Dark Blue is more stealthy than I first thought!! By the way...it's a front driver with 8200miles on it now...got 25.4mpg on the way down and the total round trip finished at 24.9mpg. Stayed within 5mph of the speed limits and it was about 98% freeway driving!

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

GREAT mpg 8j100001! ****, I live in VA and missed ya! ;)

·
Registered
577 Posts

Is the high mpg due to running 65-70? or due to the shape of the Enclave(drag number)?

·
Registered
24 Posts

canuck...Acadia is actually the aero champ of the bunch at .344cd (same as a Z06 Vette, by the way!)! Outlook and Enclave are close at about .356 if memory serves me correctly! Speed was the most important factor. If you can stand to drive between 60 and 65 steady state...you'll actually see numbers over 27(provided you're not driving into a strong headwind)...I saw that for a while through Ohio. As I've mentioned before on the other sites...stop and go is a killer for fuel economy...as it is for any vehicle. Stop gets you EXACTLY 0 mpg so time spent at red lights, stop signs, remote start, idling waiting for someone, etc....will kill your mileage. Accelerating is typically a 3-5mpg maneuver even if you don't "lead foot" it! Understanding this will help a lot with mileage expectations.

·
Registered
577 Posts

I like the 65 to 68 MPH speed in my mind but my foot appears to take orders from another source.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts

Has anyone seen it at a dealership?

·
Registered
260 Posts

Well on my lovely Victoria Day trip to Buffalo, NY, I happened to pass several dealers while driving, and saw maybe 8 or so Enclaves. And while waiting over an hour to cross the border back to Canada, I saw an Enclave (didn't catch the colour) driving down the opposite lane, which makes my first real-life Enclave sighting! I also saw an Acadia on my trip as well.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts

i have seen a total of 2 enclaves, sat in one and havent even test driven one yet :banghead:

·
Registered
108 Posts

Saw two Enclaves (both cocoa/cashmere) mixed in a line of five Acadias at a (closed on Sunday) dealership - my first chance for a careful direct comparison. Definitely not the "badge engineering" we've come to expect from GM. More differences in profile, especially from the rear, than I expected from pictures I've seen. The Enclave roofline is noticably lower toward the back and the rack is sleek and fitted closely to the roof. The greenhouse tapers inward, the rear hatch is much narrower, and the glass is not only different in shape but much smaller with more wrap-around. The cargo loading and hauling functionality of the Enclave has obviously been compromised by its "boat-tail" shape, but if you transport people more often than plywood the tradeoff is a very stylish vehicle with a more "upscale" look. All depends on purpose and personal taste, I imagine.

1 - 20 of 278 Posts