EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought it would be a good idea to track October orders also. Ordered on 10/10 CXL, FWD, Luxury, Confidence, Ent# 3, Sun Roof, Towing, White Diamond. Current order status 1101 as of a few days ago.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ordered on 10-01-07. Salesman said he would let me know of any changes since 1101. Haven't heard a thing. It will be three weeks Monday. Last evening I got a peek at what my Carbon Black Metallic looks likes. The local dealer, who wanted MSRP less $250, just received a CBM Enclave and I drove by to admire it's beauty. Took a picture of it as the glorious Ozark sun reflected off the metallic flecks. A real pretty site!!!!!! I hated that I could not deal with the local dealer, but the $ amount was too much difference to overlook!!!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Talked to my salesman this morning and he said I was still at 1101. The two Enclave orders before mine have just been built, so my order will be picked up next. He did say that his updates occur on Thursday instead of Tuesday, so there could be a change in my status this week. The Buick rep will be visiting with him tomorrow (10/24) and he will ask him about production delays, plant closing, etc. I'm very pleased with my salesman's willingness to either answer my questions or find an answer.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Just ordered an Enclave CXL FWD with Entertainment Pkg #4, Towing, Confidence, Luxury, 7 Passenger. Red Jewel/Cashmere.

Should go into the system today (10/23). Sales manager thinks he will have an allocation in early November for me. Delivery in December or early Jan. He promised to call me on the first of each month for status. I just asked to call me when it goes to "2500" (order accepted?). He fell out of his chair when I knew about that code... ;)

·
Registered
52 Posts
:blob: After many months of waiting for the 2nd row console we decided to nix it and order without. Just got back from the dealer and we placed our order:

CXL, AWD, Cocoa Metallic, Cashmere, Drivers & Luxury Packages, Trailer Pkg, No Sunroofs (too dang hot in the summer when it's 117), 19in chrome wheels (I convinced Hubby to let me order them), Entertainment Pkg 4, Assist Steps. Purchased for $500 over invoice. Dealer says he should have two allotments in November. Can hardly wait.

Have been reading the forum for months, thanks for all the info :wine: I was an extremely informed buyer!! I knew more than the salesman.

More later.

·
Registered
5 Posts
What you guys think of OCT orders ?

Can we get them before 12/31/2007 [/color] ? I am thinking of placing an order within 2-3 days.

I need atleast the VIN no before 12/31/07 for tax purpose.

Good luck to all :beer:

·
Registered
612 Posts
snowy_clave said:
What you guys think of OCT orders ?

Can we get them before 12/31/2007 [/color] ? I am thinking of placing an order within 2-3 days.

I need atleast the VIN no before 12/31/07 for tax purpose.

Good luck to all :beer:
If your dealer can get an allocation it should not be a problem unless you order a restricted option. Discuss both of those issues with the dealer before ordering. Hint. Generally, the bigger dealers get more allocations. (The more allocations you use as a dealer, the more allocations GM will give.

Good luck

·
Registered
46 Posts
I ordered mine on 10/15. Platimun Metallic CX, bucket seats, sunroof, driver's convenience, dvd entertainment pkg, & aluminum wheels. I know it's not as fancy as the CXL luxury that everyone else is odering, but this way, I will be unique in my 'clave.

I predict that I will have my new baby sometime after the first of the year. Don't want to place my expectations too high. This way, if I get it before the end of the year, I'll think that Buick is really on the ball.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Mo said:
I predict that I will have my new baby sometime after the first of the year. Don't want to place my expectations too high. This way, if I get it before the end of the year, I'll think that Buick is really on the ball.
Hah! That is the BEST outlook to have :thumb:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Ordered my Enclave Monday Oct. 22.
AWD CXL
Cocoa Metallic / Csmr interior
7 pax
6 disk in dash with Bose 10 spkr
Luxury, Driver Confidence, Sunroof, 2nd row console armrest.
Hope it comes by the 1st of the year.  Waiting patiently.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I ordered on 10/11 a CXL dark crimson /ebony interior AWD fully loaded with ent #4. I should have it by the end of November or beginning of December. We do not need it earlier since we will be in Europe in November. I hope I will have it before Christmas.
They told me the build date will be first week of November. I will get more info when the order is accepted.

·
Registered
7 Posts
We're excited.... Ordered around Oct 10, and we're at status code 3000 with build week of 11/26.

We went with cocoa FWD CXL with STANDARD 19' wheels. Bose 5.1+dvd screen but no navigation. sunroof really makes the difference imo (without it the roofline inside looks like a minivan), and the towing package is a must for our lake visiting lifestyle. Now that I know I'll have it this year (a must), I can get to ordering my aftermarket wheels and tires (22's).

The conquest bonus has already dropped to half value... we only hope that after it expires this month there will be new incentives that at least get us back to the pricing we could have had should the vehicle have been available when we chose to order. ... however we also know that this is far from certain that any incentive will come out.

anyways, thanks to our Salesperson Travis, a great guy to work with at Superior Buick Cadillac in KCMO.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My October 10th order is now at status code 3000. I was told we would have the build date in the next 7-10 days. :cheers:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just noticed on autodollars.com that the conquest rebate is good thru Nov 19. Hope they still have a rebate around in January, as it looks like it may well be into 2008 before I get my Christmas present. 32 days and still at 1101. :sosad:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Ordered Oct. 22
Dealer called today, Nov 1. There is a hold on the 2nd row center console. :( Dealer does not know when it will be lifted. I can drop the center console and it will go into the system now, or take my chances and wait for who knows how long until the hold is lifted, if ever. :banghead:
Drop the console. I am not so sure I really like it anyway.
Process the order, I want it now, not next year. but is seems like it just might be.
Hope it is worth the wait.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Mons' Clave said:
Ordered Oct. 22
Dealer called today, Nov 1. There is a hold on the 2nd row center console. :( Dealer does not know when it will be lifted. I can drop the center console and it will go into the system now, or take my chances and wait for who knows how long until the hold is lifted, if ever. :banghead:
Drop the console. I am not so sure I really like it anyway.
Process the order, I want it now, not next year. but is seems like it just might be.
Hope it is worth the wait.
Yes, this has been discussed. The console was meant and said to be starting production in October, but there was again more delays with design/engineering issues, and it was put on indefinite hold--and dealers told just not to order it, even though it was now put in the system.

If you're just getting too impatient, and really who knows when it will start in production, go without and you probably won't miss it. Or, you might, and you just won't know. It's a toss-up, but one I'd skip an option like that for to get mine sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Mons' Clave said:
Drop the console. I am not so sure I really like it anyway. Process the order, I want it now, not next year.
Yes, many of us have wrestled with this decision, and there are several threads on the subject. You might start with the sticky: http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?topic=1036.0, which includes a post with the text of the advisory your dealer probably referred to.

·
Registered
71 Posts
caddycruiser said:
Yes, this has been discussed. The console was meant and said to be starting production in October, but there was again more delays with design/engineering issues, and it was put on indefinite hold--and dealers told just not to order it, even though it was now put in the system.

If you're just getting too impatient, and really who knows when it will start in production, go without and you probably won't miss it. Or, you might, and you just won't know. It's a toss-up, but one I'd skip an option like that for to get mine sooner rather than later.
That is exactly what I already did. Told them to put it in the system without the console. They said they did just that and would contact me with the progress as soon as there is any movement. Now I just have to sit back and wait. :beer:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thanks PrairieWind, that helps to confirm my decision to drop it.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
caddycruiser said:
Hah! That is the BEST "outlook" to have :thumb:
"Outlook"...........wrong forum :banghead: ;D

1 - 20 of 121 Posts