EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I am getting mixed part numbers when looking up the proper OEM spark plugs for my 2011 Enclave, I have searched these forums but can't find the answers I am looking for. The owners manual says it is the ACDelco 41-107 however almost everywhere else (Rockauto, Amazon, Advanced Auto Parts) lists ACDelco 41-109. It looks like GM switched the plug in 2012 from the 41-107 to the 41-109. My questions are 1. why does my owners manual for 2011 say 41-107 while everywhere else says 41-109? 2. what is the difference between the 2 plugs and why did GM change it? 3. which one should I use? thanks everyone

·
Registered
6,669 Posts
AC Delco website catalog shows---

Iridium Spark Plug
Part Number: 41-109
Product Notes:
Iridium Spark Plug
All; OE; Gap .043

Per Vehicle: 6; Years: 2010-2017

the 41-107 is for the older models- 2008- which were NOT Direct injection.

The 2009 used a different part # (and ignition coils- and there was issues with those).

I did buy 41-109s and put them in my 2010 @100,000.
Even my owners manual listed the 41-107.
I simply went with the updated info from the AC DELCO catalog.

I would buy and install the 41-109

these are my 100,000 mile plugs..

when you do a Manufacturer interchange from General Motors Corp to AcDelco = it shows up as the 41-109

·
Registered
140 Posts
My questions are 1. why does my owners manual for 2011 say 41-107 while everywhere else says 41-109? 2. what is the difference between the 2 plugs and why did GM change it? 3. which one should I use? thanks everyone
It is common for auto manufacturer to make "running changes" to their vehicles as they discover minor issues, switch to a different supplier, save on costs, etc. Some time in 2010 they switched the plugs to improve the engine. Your owners manual was printed (and not updated) before the change was authorized. My 2014 Acadia manual has the new part # listed.

The difference between the two plugs is a minor heat range change to make the engine perform a bit better. You should be able to use either of the plugs with no ill affects but I would consider the newer part. Also it is best if you stay with the AC Delco brand plugs as several Lambda list members have commented as having problems with other brands.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome, 41-109 it is. That's what I was leaning towards I just hate to go against my manual unless there is clear reasoning. Thanks guys

·
Registered
348 Posts
For my 09 Enclave, the owners manual said 41-107. I checked with GM customer service and this indeed was correct. The 41-107 is an iridium plug, and that's what I used. It has worked perfect so far. The original plugs installed by the factory were AC Delco double platinum, and the gaps were all over the place. I had misfires too. I changed both plugs and coils and the misfires were gone. However, I had to replace my catalytic converter on the left side eventually as the misfires damaged it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello everyone, I am getting mixed part numbers when looking up the proper OEM spark plugs for my 2011 Enclave, I have searched these forums but can't find the answers I am looking for. The owners manual says it is the ACDelco 41-107 however almost everywhere else (Rockauto, Amazon, Advanced Auto Parts) lists ACDelco 41-109. It looks like GM switched the plug in 2012 from the 41-107 to the 41-109. My questions are 1. why does my owners manual for 2011 say 41-107 while everywhere else says 41-109? 2. what is the difference between the 2 plugs and why did GM change it? 3. which one should I use? thanks everyone
The owner's manual says 41-107, but the actual spark plug I pulled out from my 2010 Enclave is 41-109. The car was built in Jan 2010. Physically I did not find any difference between the plugs, nor I found anything in performance. The gap from 41-109 after 100k is still within spec! The electrode just doesn't look good compare to the new plug.:)

·
Registered
40 Posts
In most cases I recommend using OEM parts, but when it comes to spark plugs, I'm a big fan of NGK. They produce some OEM branded plugs and are recommended by several European manufacturers. I'm not knocking the Delco plugs and would not argue with anyone wanting to use them. Just adding an alternative that I have been happy with for years.

·
Super Moderator
543 Posts
+1 on NGK. Only plug I use in cars, boats, motorcycles and even lawn mowers. If it’s internal combustion and NGK sizes a plug for it that’s what I get.

·
Registered
6,669 Posts
Im pretty sure the ACDELCO Iridiums are made by NGK.....

If they have the special plating on the plug threads--- you dont have to use anti seize... This is a NGK feature

1 - 9 of 9 Posts