EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Announcing an all new web site at GM dedicated to your Lambda vehicle. Get tips and answers to the most common questions about the GMC Acadia, Saturn Outlook, and the Buick Enclave.

http://www.gm.com/vc/lambda/index.jsp

Here is a list of what is covered (as of 12/03/2007)

Frequently Asked Questions: [/color]
  • How can I keep the dome lamps turned off when a door is opened?
  • My display doesn't work unless I am stopped. Why?
  • Many roads are not displayed on my map...my friend's Garmin system shows them, why can't I get them on my GM system?
  • The estimated time is not accurate, why can't I input my speed on different types of roads?
  • My vehicle makes a buffetting noise with the rear windows open...why and what can I do?
  • My vehicle seems to be hunting for gears and shifting a lot, is that normal?
  • I can't get my car to remote start. What do I need to do?
  • My car won't remote start unless I am close to it, is this normal?
  • I don't understand the cruise control button functions.
  • I can't find the button for the rear wiper. It used to be on the steering column, where is it?
  • I pushed my "hot shot" button and nothing happened?
  • Just before my "hot shot" works, a lot of fluid dribbles out onto the hood. Is this normal?
  • "Hot Shot" seems to use a lot of fluid. Can I shut it off if my window is clean?
  • I got a message that says "fluid heating". What does that mean?
  • I thought I had manual front seat back recliners but all the seat does is go up and down.
  • What does the knob on the inside of the front seat do?
  • How do I get into the third row?
  • What happens to all the stuff that falls into the tracks?
  • How do I adjust the seats fore-aft?
  • How do I fold flat?
  • Why do the seats move by themselves when I shut the car off?
  • How do I set the memory for the seats?
  • My AC blows cold air on high even when it's not very hot outside. Is this normal?
  • The front air is blowing cold and the rear air is blowing hot (or vice versa), how can I make them the same?
  • The rear air control indicates 0 to 12, what does that mean?
  • How do I turn the rear air off?
  • My daughter who weighs about 100 lbs sometimes turns the passenger airbag on and sometimes not. Is something wrong with the system?
  • Where is the battery located?
  • How do I jump the car if the battery is under the rear seats?
  • How do I open the sunshade for the 2nd row skylight?
  • Sometimes my power liftgate doesn't work when I open with my RKE, is there a problem?

TIPS: [/color]
  • When using the RKE to operate the Power Liftgate, hold the button for 1 second.
  • Did you know if you have difficulty ejecting a DVD or CD, holding the eject button down for 5 seconds will eject the CD/DVD out of your player.

If you see someone post a question about something on this list please point them to the FAQ! I recommend the moderators consider printing this out and using it to point members to a more formal answer to the common questions about our Lambdas.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
That pretty much takes care of 90% of what we talk about here ;D Now what do we have left?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Call me immature but I had to chuckle at this FAQ and its response.

2. Just before my "hot shot" works, a lot of fluid dribbles out onto the hood. Is this normal?
This dribble of fluid is called pre-spray and it is normal. Pre-spray is caused by expansion of the fluid as it is being heated and pushed out of the nozzles.

Either way, I had to laugh when it said remote start should work up to 180 feet depending on surrounding environment. I seriously think I could be in a desert and it wouldnt work within 50 feet.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
This looks like a great list! I'm sure I can find something in here to learn! Thanks for posting it Clave man![/color] :cheers:

·
Registered
333 Posts
All my questions are answered now...how do I unsubscribe?? ;D

Seriously though Clave Man, excellent site. Now when we give our 2 cents worth we can point to somewhere that confirms the info.

Axiama, you have to admit that that washer fluid description is a bit Freudian and darn funny!!
It did answer the questions I had about my Encave's "hot shot"...I thought that "pre-spray" was abnormal and that I needed to talk to my dealer about medication for the 'Clave! :crazy:

·
Registered
333 Posts
I get it now..."call me immature"

Call me a little slow, go' head have your fun...

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
johnt26 said:

I like to help when I can :thumb:

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
johnt26 said:

Who can get to this one first....

Your a little slow

·
Registered
333 Posts
bsox said:
Who can get to this one first....

Your a little slow
Finally, thanks bsox ;D

Now I could say the same about axiama :poke:

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
This is my favorite kind of thread. Great information mixed in with a good laugh. For a while it looked like we were becoming just another dull car forum. What a sad fate that would have been...

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
johnt26 said:
Finally, thanks bsox ;D

Now I could say the same about axiama :poke:
Yeah, I'm kicking myself for missing that one. Not enough coffee yet...

·
Registered
214 Posts
I received my email from the "Buick Team" today, which includes these FAQs and various Buick links. Cool. :thumb:

Wayne

·
Registered
65 Posts
jerlem1 said:
Call me immature but I had to chuckle at this FAQ and its response.

2. Just before my "hot shot" works, a lot of fluid dribbles out onto the hood. Is this normal?
This dribble of fluid is called pre-spray and it is normal. Pre-spray is caused by expansion of the fluid as it is being heated and pushed out of the nozzles.
Wow, for a minute there I thought I was reading a different FORUM, LOL.

Thanks for all the information in this thread. I have a lot of studing to do. :beer:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts