EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just two words...absolutely Beautiful!! We just came home from picking up our beautiful Opal/Cashmere loaded! We drove 2 hours to and from to go get it w/lots of looky looks. Our neighbor saw us at the store on the way home and just loved it. I have to admit though..I did cry leaving my BMW at the lot, but I told her she'd go to a great home (better than leaving her at a used car lot), she was only 3 years old. But I told "Blue Eyes" she would be coming home to a family that would love her and take great care of her. Big difference though, going from a coupe to a huge CUV. Great features! My dear hubby is reading the manual. Bless his heart, he knows I don't want to read a manual, I just want to get in, look good and drive!

On a dif't note, not to be picky but why is everything automated in the car except the DVD screen!! I can't believe for such and expensive car they didn't choose an automatic drop down screen when you press DVD.

But oh well, she's our "Blue Eyes" and she's at home all tucked in.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Congratulations!! It is a fantastic feeling, isn't it?! I can identify, to a degree, your sense of now driving a "large" vehicle...My nickname for my new girl is "Tank"...[/color] :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rosita,

How long did it take you to get used to driving such a huge vehicle? I'm pretty petite so I can't even see over the hood :blob: To bad we don't have "sensors" for the front. I"m an excellent parallel parker but now I'm actually going to have to think about it!!

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
newgal said:
Rosita,

How long did it take you to get used to driving such a huge vehicle? I'm pretty petite so I can't even see over the hood :blob: To bad we don't have "sensors" for the front. I"m an excellent parallel parker but now I'm actually going to have to think about it!!
Congrats!! Actually wait until until you do parallel park, with the tilt feature of the passenger mirror, it is actually fun to do. The last time I did I had both front and rear wheels exactly 1 inch fromthe curb never touching it once! Once you get use to it, it actually drives small for as large as it is. Good Luck

·
Registered
329 Posts
Congratulations on your new "Blue-eyed" Beauty!!!! :angel: Wish I was so lucky.......... :binky:

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Congrats newgal...glad to hear the good news! :cheers:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Congrats! Was the Connquest rebate available? Autodollars.com says it is available until 11/19/2007, but Buick Customer service can't find it in the system. I am hopeful of picking mine up before the 19th and wanting some November buyer to confirm that they got the Conquest rebate.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Wantone, I was told the 500 conquest rebate is good through January 7 now. I can confirm that when I pick mine up this week............

·
Registered
344 Posts
bsox said:
wait until until you do parallel park, with the tilt feature of the passenger mirror, it is actually fun to do. The last time I did I had both front and rear wheels exactly 1 inch fromthe curb never touching it once! Once you get use to it, it actually drives small for as large as it is. Good Luck
I'm a good parallel parker, and have always been pretty confident in doing that, but this has always been with mid size sedans or sports cars. I think what I'll do is go "practice" at the Dept. of Licensing!! They have those cones for beginner drivers set up to practice for their drivers testing. lol. Better to hit a cone than someone's car (or God forbid, my baby!). ::)

·
Registered
329 Posts
princess said:
Wantone, I was told the 500 conquest rebate is good through January 7 now. I can confirm that when I pick mine up this week............
Do you have any site to verify this??

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We also got the $500.00 dollar rebate on Nov 3rd. We were told that it was only good through 10/31, but who knows, you know these dealers..."It's only available through this date.. :blahblah: :blahblah:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts