EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered my Enclave in June, it was built the week of September 10th, Shipped and arrived in Port Newark, Newark NJ off the rail around the 19th. And that is where it is sitting.
I am told that other unions not directly affected by the strike are "honoring" the UAW strike and therefore won't deliver parts or vehicles until the strike is resolved.

My new Enclave is sitting in a parking lot at the Port only about 30 miles from me. Oh so close! I sold my current vehicle yesterday and now I don't have a vehicle so I am
"borrowing" my better half's car. This can't last much longer or I will just buy a 2007 in stock something or other and say to heck with it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I can feel for you I'm in the same boat.......

·
Registered
509 Posts
comiccolec said:
This can't last much longer or I will just buy a 2007 in stock something or other and say to heck with it.
It shouldn't, but holy lord, if you're LUCKY enough to have your custom ordered Enclave already built, shipped, and just sitting at a final port not far away...don't even THINK of straying from it. It really shouldn't be long at all, and remember: IT'S RIGHT THERE!

Unlike others who have orders still sitting in a system, as you once did, just hold off a little more...it will be worth it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
caddycruiser said:
It shouldn't, but holy lord, if you're LUCKY enough to have your custom ordered Enclave already built, shipped, and just sitting at a final port not far away...don't even THINK of straying from it. It really shouldn't be long at all, and remember: IT'S RIGHT THERE!

Unlike others who have orders still sitting in a system, as you once did, just hold off a little more...it will be worth it.
Thanks for the kind words...... I really can't complain even though I have had it ordered since early July and have already sold my old SUV the dealership is lending me cars and trucks for free..... I get the ones right before they go to the auction because no one else will buy the so for right now all it is really costing me is gas money..... I may vent some but truth is I really like all you guys and girls on this forum and I have a lot of stuff right now for the Enclave like a GM lock pick, cross bars for the roof ...ect. and I guess as soon as they do get back to work It should be made right away......
Rob

·
Registered
40 Posts
I was under the understanding that if you car was shipped prior to the strike you should get regardless of the strike. Is this not the case? Mine was also built the week of the 10th and on the 21st it was at status code 4800.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Trust me . . . this is an absolutely wonderful automobile and well worth the wait -- think of this as new car foreplay ;)

·
Registered
40 Posts
comiccolec said:
Ordered my Enclave in June, it was built the week of September 10th, Shipped and arrived in Port Newark, Newark NJ off the rail around the 19th. And that is where it is sitting.
I am told that other unions not directly affected by the strike are "honoring" the UAW strike and therefore won't deliver parts or vehicles until the strike is resolved.

My new Enclave is sitting in a parking lot at the Port only about 30 miles from me. Oh so close! I sold my current vehicle yesterday and now I don't have a vehicle so I am
"borrowing" my better half's car. This can't last much longer or I will just buy a 2007 in stock something or other and say to heck with it.

Why can't the dealer just go and pick it up. I am very concerend as my was shipped on 9/16 and as of 9/21 was at status 4800. I would think if it already left the plant it should get delivered regardless of the strike.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
dwhsd said:
Trust me . . . this is an absolutely wonderful automobile and well worth the wait -- think of this as new car foreplay ;)
That is cute...I like that...☺...car foreplay.[/color]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts