EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This AFTER we made the decision to go with "Dealer B" who will accept our GM discount, and order us a NEW Enclave which means we get the exact combination that we want (Carbon Metallic/Ebony), we just have to wait. "Dealer A" wouldn't budge on the price of the same vehicle with 3,000 miles on it that they already have on the lot. Now "A" says that they WILL honor the GM discount, which means we will get $3,000 off the sticker, BUT..............the vehicle still has 3,000 miles on it. Are we still better off with "Dealer B" since they will also knock off $3,000, but we get a zero mile vehicle (though there is a wait)??

The only thing that has changed since the original scenario is that now "A" will take the discount, whereas originally they wouldn't. We're still talking a zero mile vehicle vs. a 3,000 , even though they are now coming back saying they WILL take the discount.

Shoot............I thought we had this resolved until they called back. I'm second-guessing myself now. The 3,000 mile one reduced $3,000 because of GM discount and not because it has the mileage still isn't a good deal, or is it?!?!?

I am so sorry if I sound like I am repeating myself. I thought I knew what we were doing until they unexpectedly called back. ???

SM

·
Registered
71 Posts
Order a new one and tell the first dealer too little too late. The first dealer was putting the screws to you and now all of the sudden when you found a better deal they are changing their song. Let dealer B have the commission for doing what was right without having to haggle. Dealer B will likely treat you better in the future as well. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2muchcoffee, you were SOOOOO right on the phone call. I honestly figured that they were tired of dealing with us, when all we were doing was what was sensible. We want them to make their commission, but they can do it without raking us through the coals.

I forgot to mention throughout this whole discussion...........'dealer A's vehicle had a scratch on it which they said would be repaired. Not HUGE, but not exactly small either! Another small, but important, reason to go with "B".

Thanks to both of you guys for confirming that I am NOT wrong on this and it's crazy to second-guess that decision!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I agree with previous responders, AS LONG AS Dealer B has an allocation to order against. If he doesn't have an allocation, and doesn't know when he'll get one, then you don't know how long your wait will be. If dealer B says don't worry about it, tell him "Good. Please give me my order printout from the GM OrderWorkBench". It should show a CURRENT EVENT code of 3000 or higher, meaning the order's been accepted against a dealer allocation.

My dealer's been emailing me updates weekly. I've tried to attach one to this message.

Dave

·
Registered
260 Posts
You might want to blank out your contact information before posting that kind of stuff...

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
jonv112 said:
You might want to blank out your contact information before posting that kind of stuff...
Sweet. Party at Dave's house!!!!

I'll call to confirm the details. :rofl:

I agree with what everyone else says. Stick with dealer B unless they can not tell you when they will have an allocation. If they can not tell you then we can discuss the best option.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
just order it do you really need a bunch of strangers telling you the obvious?? ;) ADMIN or mod can you delete the attachment that is on dave's post with all his personal information on it, Im sure he doesnt realize it's on there!!!

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
Dave, you may not mind Jonv or Zman showing up at your house unannounced but PAPoPa's avatar makes me nervous so for your safety I've removed the attachment. :happy: You can certainly add it back if you like.

Axiama

·
Registered
333 Posts
soccermommyabc said:
2muchcoffee, you were SOOOOO right on the phone call. I honestly figured that they were tired of dealing with us, when all we were doing was what was sensible. We want them to make their commission, but they can do it without raking us through the coals.

I forgot to mention throughout this whole discussion...........'dealer A's vehicle had a scratch on it which they said would be repaired. Not HUGE, but not exactly small either! Another small, but important, reason to go with "B".

Thanks to both of you guys for confirming that I am NOT wrong on this and it's crazy to second-guess that decision!
If you look at what I did below you can see that I believe, generally, that a 'clave in hand is worth 2 on the order sheet. ;D

Seems to me, you are in the driver's seat...Call back to dealer A and explain that you'll considered his scratched, used Enclave if he can make it worth your while, like another $1500 off of the GM discount and the scratch fixed to your liking before you sign anything. The beauty is, if they balk, you can then walk away and keep the order with dealer B.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
333 Posts
PAPoPo said:
lol....Im harmless....I think;)
Is that avatar posted by Dave from a shot through his front door peep-hole?

·
Registered
333 Posts
axiama said:
Dave, you may not mind Jonv or Zman showing up at your house unannounced but PAPoPa's avatar makes me nervous so for your safety I've removed the attachment. :happy: You can certainly add it back if you like.

Axiama
Happy Fat Tuesday to you all...just ran out of the last of the Christmas Makers Mark, perfect timing! :-\

Love your Avatar Axiama, maybe you can give Dave some advice on his!! ;D

·
Registered
69 Posts
Go for the best deal -because 1 year from now the two Enclaves might have 2 or 3 thousand miles difference but will still be worth about the same for a trade.If a car has 3k miles it is used not a demo as some dealers want to call them.But it has been our experience a factory rep./white hat/GM factory vehicle are good deals if the dealers gives you credit for the miles or the fact it is not new.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Dealer B. I don't like dealing with dealers who screw me around. Dealer A SHOULD have dealt when originally approached. I wouldn't care if they lowered the price now, I'd stick with B.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I was sent a $2000.00 top off discount from GM card that had to be used before Jan 31 .No Enclaves in stock dealers wont dealer trade-my dealer had one but I couldnt drive it and put miles on it.So went to a near by town where a dealer had a GM factory vehicle the dealers wife was driving it but he said take it for 2 or 3 days and try it. The last 3 vehicles that we owned were Tahoes 2002/2004/2006.Needless to say my wife fell for the Enclave and wanted the Blue-Gold Crystal Metalic,so we bought the GM program with 3K miles. Rather than wait the projected 12 weeks for a new one with no discount.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
soccermommyabc said:

Not to be nit picky, but it was me that told you dealer A would likely call you as quoted by 2much coffee. Since I was right about that, I will now say, forget dealer A completely. He is STILL not coming down on the price of the clave with 3000. Stay with you order with dealer B, wait as you said you in no hurry, get a brand new one where you don't have to wonder who has driven it and how it was driven etc. etc.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bsox, I am so sorry! Between all of the phone calls that have been made this week to numerous dealers and an insane week at work, it's a wonder that I know my own name! My apologies.

I appreciate everyone's reinforcement of my sentiments. Seems I may have annoyed at least one person, which was my intent. I came here for unbiased ADVICE, definitely not for someone to tell me what to do. I make my own decisions. ::)

SM

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
soccermommyabc said:
Bsox, I am so sorry! Between all of the phone calls that have been made this week to numerous dealers and an insane week at work, it's a wonder that I know my own name! My apologies.

I appreciate everyone's reinforcement of my sentiments. Seems I may have annoyed at least one person, which was my intent. I came here for unbiased ADVICE, definitely not for someone to tell me what to do. I make my own decisions. ::)

SM
I hope you do not think that I was mad in any way shape or form...If it is me you were referring to, I am not mad at all, just trying to help you make a good informed choice. I am just not right that often so I wanted the credit ;D ;D ;D :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
LOL, I know what you mean about not often being right, so take the credit while it is there 8) Please don't think anything of it. I do think I have annoyed some others, but you know, you can't please everyone. It is America, so everyone may not agree with my thoughts nor I with theirs. Definitely no hard feelings towards you!! :cheers:

SM

1 - 20 of 21 Posts