EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No I am not the artist. I have a great friend who just finished an oil painting from a photograph taken by another good friend of mine.

He did a bit of tweaking on the oil painting from what the photograph is. He knows I love the fall and winter scenes so he tweaked it to look more like the photograph was taken in the fall.

He is working on a 2nd oil painting I have commissioned from him and then when that one is finished, we will meet up north of Columbus. He lives in Elyria, OH so that is more of being a central point for both of us.

Cannot wait to get it home.....these will be the 2nd and 3rd oil painting I have purchased from him. They will be the first ones I have actually commissioned for him to paint.

The first is the original photograph. The second is, well a photo of the actual finished oil painting.

I LOVE it.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The second commissioned oil painting is finished. He is working on a portrait for a client in Columbus right now. Once he has finished that one we will meet up on the north side of Columbus.

Then I will have both of the paintings on my home.

My friend who is the photographer, has some amazing photos in his collection. I just might down the road, have another one painted.

Yep, getting excited.

First image is the photograph. Second image is of the oil painting, which he said the photo shows more orange and blue/purple than the actual painting does. Photographing this last one he said was a challenge.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GoldEnclave said:
I prefer the oil painting. It's got more soul.
They do! My friend David is an amazing artist.

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My husband has the week off for vacation.

Today, rather in a few minutes, we are heading to the Polaris Grill in Columbus to meet up with my artist friend. Picking up the two commissioned paintings and I cannot express how excited I am.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Sailfish said:
My husband has the week off for vacation.

Today, rather in a few minutes, we are heading to the Polaris Grill in Columbus to meet up with my artist friend. Picking up the two commissioned paintings and I cannot express how excited I am.
:veryhappy:

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My dear friend who is the artist is working on a large mural project in Elyria, Ohio. He started this project the last week of July.

Here is what he started with, and a couple of photographs of the start.

I am planning, fingers crossed, to head up there in a week to see the project in living color.

The photos so far, capture some of the depth of his talent. To make a flat wall look as if you can walk into a corridor, amazing talent.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He has made awesome progress. Still a ways to go, the intricate details of the faces takes time.

The end result.....will be simply amazing.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA....my friend added some humor into his mural.

Good little kitties....OOPS....bad kitty. See if you can tell what I am referring to.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My friend has completed the murals in Elyria this afternoon. Here are a couple more. He is simply an amazing artist.

All the images of the people are residents and/or friends. They had to send their names into him if they wanted either their images or a friend/relative painted into the mural.

Hopefully he will have more completed images after tomorrow that I can share.

I am truly in awe of his talent and to think, I actually own 3 paintings of his. One I bought after seeing it on his page and the other 2, I had commissioned.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Check this out....the colors, the work!!

Attachments

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My friend the artist, there was an article written about him and his amazing talent.

It's hard to miss the Elyria Arts Council studio and gallery on 336 Broad Street, with a giant mural on its outer wall depicting the town history.

The 150-by-35-foot mural, like the 100-by-45-foot mural on another building across a courtyard, was painted by council member David Pavlak and friends from the council.

"I did everything that was higher than eight foot," Pavlak said, with a smile. "I was the one crazy enough to get in a cherry picker and paint all day."

People would come by and watch the progress as the murals took shape. One man came by twice a day and documented the progress with pictures. Pavlak was so impressed with the man's dedication that he painted him into the mural.

The murals started on last July 26 and were finished Nov. 1, in time to celebrate the city's 2017 bicentennial.

The two murals flank a Farmer's Market in the grassy area between the two buildings. Another sign that downtown Elyria seems to be on the rise.

But the Elyria Arts Council is more than just a place for a few local artists to display their work. It's a training center for future artists as well.
http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2017/03/elyria_arts_council_highlights_local_talent_part_of_citys_redevelopment_photos.html

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
2 Participants
sailfish
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing