EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my Enclave on 4/23/07 so I guess I was an early adopter.. Reading the NAV forum on the Acadia site it seems that the 08 Enclaves were to get the 'new' 07 dated NAV disc for their system.
I received the 2005, ver 1.0 disc.

I've asked both the GM Nav folks and my dealer for the newer disc and have been told in a polite but firm way "tough".

I guess I feel that if later (after 1 Aug?) Enclave folks were getting the newer/better disc surely the early adopters (who I believe bought before the changed policy was announced) should also be afforded the same.

Am I the only one in this boat?

Am I being unreasonable?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
177 Posts
No Way! I'd be mighty ticked off if they tried to give me an '05 disc with my brand spanking new '08, and Buick of all makes! I bet if that would have been spotted during inspection on delivery, before signing papers, they would have fixed it PRONTO if you would have declined to sign without fixing it. Of course, we're kinda in a hard spot with Enclaves, because if they don't sell it to us as planned, they'll sell it within 24 hours to someone else. Have you actually spoken with people at GM/Buick?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I did call the Buick Assistance line at your suggestion. I went thru 'elemental' (first tier support) to Nina in 'compound' (second tier) who will call the dealership on my behalf on Monday afternoon.

She believes I should get the same disc other 08 Enclave owners are now receiving but wants to give the dealership the opportunity to make it right.

Will let you know how it turns out...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As promised an update:

I took over 3 weeks, 15 phone calls, and several emails but the 2007 NAV data disc was finally delivered to my home.

So I am again an Enclave fan again!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,662 Posts
helousaf said:
As promised an update:

I took over 3 weeks, 15 phone calls, and several emails but the 2007 NAV data disc was finally delivered to my home.

So I am again an Enclave fan again!
Hey way to stick with it...I need to check mine now to see what I have...does it say 2007 right on the disc?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not sure about the disc but it definitely said it on the back of the dvd box it came in.

There is also a way to get the version from the information center..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,514 Posts
Checked ours and it is 2007. Will GM/Buick send us an email or snail mail when the next updated DVD is available? Is there a specific website to keep up with on how to buy the updated one?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
200 Posts
Using "2007" is somewhat nebulous. I would use the part number.

I believe the latest and greatest Nav disc part numer is 25880099 and states "2008" database "6.3".

The DVD case actually has both 2006 and 2007 on the cover.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
413 Posts
Jake_99 said:
Using "2007" is somewhat nebulous. I would use the part number.

I believe the latest and greatest Nav disc part numer is 25880099 and states "2008" database "6.3".

The DVD case actually has both 2006 and 2007 on the cover.
Ours was built about the first of October and thats the part number on the case.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
200 Posts
Funny you state your October build had the new DVD. My Acadia was built in December and came with the OLD DVD (or so they told me). Fortunately I caught it quickly and they swapped out the DVD for me at no cost.

I was told by the dealer that build dates of Jan 08 and later all have the new part # with the NAV system.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
717 Posts
I hvae the 6.3 map and the site tells me there is an update availabe for $199 - what a rip, even the 3rd party vendors are charging like $70 for map updates these days!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
413 Posts
goochman said:
I hvae the 6.3 map and the site tells me there is an update availabe for $199 - what a rip, even the 3rd party vendors are charging like $70 for map updates these days!
If you have V6.3 you have the latest disk available which is GM part number 25880099.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
413 Posts
Jake_99 said:
Funny you state your October build had the new DVD. My Acadia was built in December and came with the OLD DVD (or so they told me). Fortunately I caught it quickly and they swapped out the DVD for me at no cost.

I was told by the dealer that build dates of Jan 08 and later all have the new part # with the NAV system.
I don't know why I would have V6.3 in our Enclave built in October and your Acadia built in December would have the older disk. I just went out to our Enclave and checked the Nav info and confirmed I have V6.3.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,514 Posts
goochman said:
I hvae the 6.3 map and the site tells me there is an update availabe for $199 - what a rip, even the 3rd party vendors are charging like $70 for map updates these days!
It looks like you can find the same disc GM is selling at $199 for $90 on ebay. That is what I will plan on doing when I need the 2009 disc update.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GM-n...018QQitemZ280202576797QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I checked mine again and even though it says 2007 on the box, the disc is v6.3 and is the same part number as the 2008 NAV disc from the GM website. Our Enclave was built in October. I will check ebay when the 2009 discs are out. May have to wait a few months after GM releases them, but I would rather wait a few months and buy from ebay for about half the price. :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
200 Posts
43sbest said:
I don't know why I would have V6.3 in our Enclave built in October and your Acadia built in December would have the older disk. I just went out to our Enclave and checked the Nav info and confirmed I have V6.3.
Well, that's what the dealer told me. The update was out in August so I didn't leave the dealership without the update. They should have stopped delivering the DVD once the update was available. Enclave's probably got the new disks first (mine is an Acadia) and GM probably wanted to offload their 2005 supply. Or, the dealer may have just given me an old copy. They keep the DVD's locked up separate from the vehicles.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
goochman said:
I hvae the 6.3 map and the site tells me there is an update availabe for $199 - what a rip, even the 3rd party vendors are charging like $70 for map updates these days!
quote]

The Nav system price is supposed to include "Two Free Updates"
Look in the big Enclave brochure, page 6 (instrument panel)
* line says so!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
43sbest said:
If you have V6.3 you have the latest disk available which is GM part number 25880099.
I have v6.3. Do you know when it was made, that is, how recent the information on the disk really is?
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top