EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to whoever can help me my name is Enclave 2009 troublemaker I bought it in action they said the timing was out of it and it would not start after I bought it depressed bummed **** out of luck to put it on a trailer brought it home figured why not just try and see if it'll start it started right up I came up and said power decrease because and it's something and then a code came up with some letters 0 0 7 3 I don't remember the letter but the code was it could not communicate with bus 2 what the **** is bus to I drove around it round to square miles got it back to park it it seemed to be a little jealous of power from 0 to 30 but after that the it had power not full but nevertheless I parked it shut it off now it won't start battery is dead replacing battery but what is bus to what steps do I make from here the search of help is ongoing your knowledge is correct please notify me or text me 7 1/2 351 1291 thank you

·
Registered
6,669 Posts
Modern vehicles have many computers on board. These computers (referred to as modules) communicate with one another via the controller area network (CAN) bus.

The CAN bus consists of two lines: CAN High and CAN Low. Depending on the manufacturer, they may be referred to by other names, such as CAN C and CAN IHS. Regardless, CAN High has a data rate of 500k bits/second, whereas CAN Low has a data rate of 125k bits/second. A gateway module is used to process and transfer messages between the CAN buses.

·
Registered
6,669 Posts
If it starts with a U- its a communucations error related code.

If it starts with a P- its powertrain (engine/transmission)

·
Super Moderator
500 Posts
Suspiciously watching this post. Who buys a car at auction being told it had jumped timing but doesn't even know how to read codes? What exactly was your plan to fix an issue as complicated as a timing problem when you don't even know how to read the codes from an OBD2 reader? I'm leaving this alone for now to see if we get some more details that prove it's legit.

I'd start by getting the actual codes and providing them here, not "some letters and 0073". P0073 is a valid OBD2 code but it's for ambient air temperature sensor high reading, and I doubt that's your issue.

Also, I'd highly recommend no one call or txt. Lots of red flags here.

·
Registered
609 Posts
It's a good thing he didn't post on the Acadia Forum, Speleos would have had a field day with his grammar.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi to whoever can help me my name is Enclave 2009 troublemaker I bought it in action they said the timing was out of it and it would not start after I bought it depressed bummed ** out of luck to put it on a trailer brought it home figured why not just try and see if it'll start it started right up I came up and said power decrease because and it's something and then a code came up with some letters 0 0 7 3 I don't remember the letter but the code was it could not communicate with bus 2 what the ** is bus to I drove around it round to square miles got it back to park it it seemed to be a little jealous of power from 0 to 30 but after that the it had power not full but nevertheless I parked it shut it off now it won't start battery is dead replacing battery but what is bus to what steps do I make from here the search of help is ongoing your knowledge is correct please notify me or text me 7 1/2 351 1291 thank you
I can’t understand exactly what your asking. But you purchased a Enclave with a worn slacked out timing chain and it will start and run albeit with reduced power and you don’t like it. But a new timing chain on it.

·
Super Moderator
500 Posts
IP and phone number both come back to Verizon Wireless in MN otherwise this thread would have been deleted already. Giving him a chance to clear some of this up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have found that you must give a sick automobile at least FOUR tylenols and a good night sleep before it is feeling better and decided to work again

1 - 14 of 14 Posts