EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up Enclave on 12-11-07 and configured Hands Free Calling with Verizon. Pain free process and I am actually saving money from my old plan. No blue tooth needed. Audio is clear as bell.

·
Registered
344 Posts
How do you figure you are saving money? We have the Verizon share plan also. My understanding is you can add your Enclave's phone number as another phone in your calling plan for about $10 per month more and just split the minutes you already have. That is what I think I'll be doing when our law changes to required hands free. I sure do enjoy using the Onstar phone.

PS - welcome to the forum and congrats on your purchase!! :thumb: ;D

·
Registered
358 Posts
Congrats on your Enclave! I love the hands free calling also. I am not saving money b/c I have Nextel service but the convienience is worth it to me.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
PAPoPo said:
it is actually quite expensive if you just buy their minutes and don't have verizon!
We've actually debated this. I can see where if you spend a lot of time in your vehicle it would be nice to have the verizon plan. I am debating whether it is more cost effective to spend an additional $120 to add another line to our Verizon plan, or if we would even use enough minutes to use the 300 minute plan ($115) through Onstar. I am guessing Onstar would actually be more cost effective for us personally.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
With the Verizon Family Plan the additional cost is $10.00 for an additional phone. We had 3 different accts. with 900, 900 & 400 minutes, all of which were not used. Check www.verizonwireless.com for service plans. I chose the 1400 minute plan based on our present usuage i.e. no charges for nights, weekends, text messaging etc. Additionally I was advised by Verizon rep that they are converting all plans in Jan 08 to family type.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I wish they would have more than 5 phones allowed on one plan since there are six of us. I use a business phone which gives me free calls to the family anyway, but to add the Enclave would make it a business expense, and I would not be using it that way.

TM

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
zman said:
I am debating whether it is more cost effective to spend an additional $120 to add another line to our Verizon plan, .
????????????? It's $9.99 isn't it for an extra line on a family plan

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
bsox said:
????????????? It's $9.99 isn't it for an extra line on a family plan
Yep, times 12 months is darn close to $120.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
zman said:
Yep, times 12 months is darn close to $120.
AHHH, your a big picture guy :thumb:

·
Registered
758 Posts
bsox said:
AHHH, your a big picture guy :thumb:
He's probably a lumper, and you a splitter!

TM

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Currently my cellphone is company paid and kids are too young to have a cellphone. So the only cellphone (cingular) that we pay for is my wife's and she hardly uses 50 of the 450 mins allowed /month.

Since we love the convinience and quality of OnStar phone service, we are still debating weather to get a Verizon family plan or buy OnStar minutes? When I bought 100 mins at the discounted rate, my wife went through them super fast, so I know she will be using it.

Is it possible to get a family plan with just two lines, one for my wife and one for the Enclave? Does the monthly fee of 70$ covers the cost of both lines, or just one and you have to pay 9.99 additional for the second line?

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Coop:

We have Verizon with two lines, although neither are for the Enclave. We pay $50 for the first line and then $9.99 for the second line, so it is about $60 total per month for 550 minutes.

I don't know if the new plans are $50 for the first line or not. The Verizon page is laid out very well for pricing out options I believe. Check it out.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Thanks Z.

The current startup plan says "Includes First Two Lines (Verizon Wireless phone and OnStar in-vehicle phone)
Unlimited Nights and Weekends and Unlimited IN Calling for the primary Verizon Wireless phone and OnStar in-vehicle line $69.99 $0.45 includes 700 mins."

·
Registered
612 Posts
When you pickup a new Enclave, how many hands free phone minutes are included with the car? I know the next 100 are only $14.99. After that its 40 cents/minute. (Yikes)

Thanks

·
Registered
71 Posts
30 minutes, good for two months.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Coop:

I have been a long time Verizon customer so I must have a plan that is cheaper/lower minutes than what they offer new customers.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Clave Man said:
When you pickup a new Enclave, how many hands free phone minutes are included with the car? I know the next 100 are only $14.99. After that its 40 cents/minute. (Yikes)

Thanks
I'll second the YIKES on $.40 a minute. I really don't see why they think they have to charge so much. $.10 a min would be more realistic & they would have customers falling all over themselves to sign up! Come on OnStar.....get with it! We already have to pay for the OnStar service & additionally get ripped on phone minutes! Don't get tooooo greedy.. :confused:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts