EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lotsa posts about front end clunk,thud,etc. A new service bulletin was posted by Rosten (I think) calling for new upper strut bushings/mounts, in the "Clunk/thud" thread. Sounds promising.(no pun inteneded)

BUT, I posted a different front end noise, made only when turning left,and going over a bump/dip at brisk speed. Happy to say(?) that I feel stupid here! I posted that I thought it was a wheel rubbing the fender well. NOW I know it was the black, rubber, front air dam, hanging below front bumper! It's LOW!! When I make a brisk, left turn (crossing traffic into a parking lot, near my home) it hits the ground! All I have to do is slow down a bit, on this type of maneuver. Never here it going straight over bumps. Guess the 2 wheels together , handle the bump/bounce better, as opposed to a turning wheel hitting first!

·
Registered
379 Posts
I wonder if the one I picked up on Wed 11/21/07 will need the fix?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Guess I am going to have to take mine in. It has a clunk as I start out.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Hey Smokin,

Did you take your vehicle in for the "thunk" and did they fix it?

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OKCCowboy said:
Hey Smokin,

Did you take your vehicle in for the "thunk" and did they fix it?
No. Still living with the start-out thud, in morning. I really believe it's those rubber front strut bushings referred to in other posts here. Not really worried as we've done 100MPH and she's as tight as a roller-coaster on rails!
I will have it attended to, when we get into dealer for the new 2-way remotes...................when they finally come out! ;)

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Smokin SRX said:
No. Still living with the start-out thud, in morning. I really believe it's those rubber front strut bushings referred to in other posts here. Not really worried as we've done 100MPH and she's as tight as a roller-coaster on rails!
I will have it attended to, when we get into dealer for the new 2-way remotes...................when they finally come out! ;)
You really had her up to 100mph, where, for how long, and how did it feel, more like 70 or at that speed did it really seem like a hundred? PS did onstar call you as a previous poster once said happened to him?

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bsox said:
You really had her up to 100mph, where, for how long, and how did it feel, more like 70 or at that speed did it really seem like a hundred? PS did onstar call you as a previous poster once said happened to him?

On Rt 76(?) or Rt 80, I recall, in West VA, while headed to VA. Posted speed limit is 70 MPH and everyone does 80 MPH. I did it 2-3 times in short 15 second durations, while going downhill. Felt just like 70 MPH !!! Smooth and quiet ;D
No one called :D

·
Registered
379 Posts
I was just curious. Both of ours have a noise in the front end so I was wondering if this solved the problem.

I am not sure if it is the clunk you hear or if I am hearing the anti-lock break test.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm not sure if this is the same thing but, I was hearing a sound from the front of the Enclave. Only at slow speeds and usually just after start up. Took it into the dealer for a look. Mechanic found a loose connector at the right front wheel, "speed sensor" :thumb:. He tightened the connection and have not felt the "clunk" or engaging sound since. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
THKS! What I hear is NOT an ABS test. It's a rubber to metal type thud, like something moving a bit, right after backing up, then rolling forward 10-100 feet. Does it once or twice, in quick succession. (1-3 seconds) That's it, even if you drive forward for 1,000miles.

The story about the loose speed sensor is fascinating info! Will follow up and report when dealer examines! :thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts