EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I listen to the radio all the time and now I am unable to. The vast majority of all of the stations are static now. Seldom can I pick up a decent signal, however there is still some static. Not sure if it would effect anything but a few days ago I did go through a car wash that wasn't not a touch less wash. All of the features of the unit (dvd,nav,bluetooth) seem to be working perfectly fine.

I have read in other forum posts of radio problems with everything going bad and high pitch noises. Mine isn't doing any of that.

If someone could please provide some insight of what is the problem or something that I could do, please do.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
:welcome: to the forum, Shaunwilliams83! I hope you find plenty of helpful information thru the threads here.

I have noticed that when my dealer takes my "Cherry-Ot" Enclave thru their carwash, that they remove/unscrew the roof mounted aerial antenna. I don't know what year yours is, but you may want to see if 1. your antenna is even there. 2. If you are tall, you can step up onto one of the rear tires and reach the antenna to ensure that it is screwed on securely for proper connectivity. Good luck, keep us posted as what you find.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I agree on checking if your antenna is intact and not missing. Also make sure the base of the unit is firmly attached to the vehicle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, I have not been able to fix the problem. The external antenna is still attached and was still tightly secured. I have also removed the face cover and the radio to check the antenna plugin, and that was also secure. So, I still have no clue what could the problem be since there are no other problems.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
:tearhair:That's crazy. Good luck. I have run out of ideas on this one, other than taking it to the stealership for a diagnostic or replacement

·
Registered
2 Posts
:welcome: to the forum, Shaunwilliams83! I hope you find plenty of helpful information thru the threads here.

I have noticed that when my dealer takes my "Cherry-Ot" Enclave thru their carwash, that they remove/unscrew the roof mounted aerial antenna. I don't know what year yours is, but you may want to see if 1. your antenna is even there. 2. If you are tall, you can step up onto one of the rear tires and reach the antenna to ensure that it is screwed on securely for proper connectivity. Good luck, keep us posted as what you find.
I listen to the radio all the time and now I am unable to. The vast majority of all of the stations are static now. Seldom can I pick up a decent signal, however there is still some static. Not sure if it would effect anything but a few days ago I did go through a car wash that wasn't not a touch less wash. All of the features of the unit (dvd,nav,bluetooth) seem to be working perfectly fine.

I have read in other forum posts of radio problems with everything going bad and high pitch noises. Mine isn't doing any of that.

If someone could please provide some insight of what is the problem or something that I could do, please do.

Thanks
A few years late but I just bought this car from a used dealer and it had the same issue. But they could not fix it. Ever figure it out?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts