EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
The only way Onstar will track the car is if there is either a police report of a stolen car or a court order. That's part of the Onstar acknowledgement you signed when you picked up the car. Way back when, there were "big brother" concerns about Onstar (can my wife find out if I stop at the strip club on the way home from work.....??) so they made this part of their policy. Once a vehicle is reported stolen, they will work with the police to find it. Next year, they will add "limp home" technology to limit the car to 10 mph or so to aid in pursuit, too.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Tralfaz said:
(can my wife find out if I stop at the strip club on the way home from work.....??) Next year, they will add "limp home" technology to limit the car to 10 mph or so to aid in pursuit, too.
The "limp mode" is disengaged after the visit to the strip club, right?

Sorry I debated not saying it........

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
zman said:
The "limp mode" is disengaged after the visit to the strip club, right?

Sorry I debated not saying it........
You just couldn't resist, could you.... ???

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
MRBUICK said:
You just couldn't resist, could you.... ???
I tried, but I admit that I am not strong enough to let stuff like that slide. Maybe someday I'll grow up, but I am not betting on it.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
;D I admit I thought the same thing when I read the response. Is this what the admin considers "adult language" in the voting thread? I really haven't noticed any "mature" type themes....or my mind may be in the gutter far enough that I just don't recognize them. :happy:

As per my question I am happy to know that the cars aren't able to be traced. I know someone who is involved in a nasty seperation and is worried about possible stalking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts