EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

581 - 600 of 631 Posts

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
Dropped off of the ONStar radar yesterday. they wanted $14.99/mo for basic. Oh well..... I will wait for another promotional free 3 months to pop up.

·
Registered
12 Posts
cfedor said:
Dropped off of the ONStar radar yesterday. they wanted $14.99/mo for basic. Oh well..... I will wait for another promotional free 3 months to pop up.
Hi cfedor,

We are very sad to see you leave! If you are interested, I would be happy to discuss your experience OnStar and see if there is anything that we can do to keep you as a customer. Please feel free to private message us with your account number if we can help.

Greg W.
OnStar Customer Care

·
Registered
402 Posts
cfedor said:
This is how the email was worded: Even at $149.00/year that's $12.41/mo broken down.
OnStar wants to help you protect what matters most on the road. And to do that, we’re making it more affordable to turn on your OnStar service.

For a 30-day, limited time offer, you can return to the OnStar family and save up to 35% on Safe & Sound service. You’ll pay just $12.95² a month for 6 months, or $149 for a whole year.
I know this was last NOV. but when I renewed mine last year they would not offer me any better than 169.00. I guess I will have to hold to my guns and not reniew unless they offer what they were always giving me in the past.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just renewed by calling 877-616-0577.

Best I could do was 14 months for $189.90. At least I don't have to call again for 14 months...

·
Registered
265 Posts
my second free trial just ended and i just couldnt find any justification to keep it active. i can see how it would be convenient, but for the amount of times i get to use my enclave let alone the amount of times onstar is used i worked out that $6.99 per month for full service would be premium in my case.

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
OnStar Advisor said:
Hi cfedor,

We are very sad to see you leave! If you are interested, I would be happy to discuss your experience OnStar and see if there is anything that we can do to keep you as a customer. Please feel free to private message us with your account number if we can help.

Greg W.
OnStar Customer Care
I pm'd Greg W. at OnStar stating that I would only continue if I had the same package as the last connections & directions that I had as trial. I haven't heard back from them.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Just cancelled onstar and will wait for a better deal than offered. Best they would do was $14.99 per month.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Last time I renewed I renewed for 2 years. Basically after one year, this past Feb., I started getting notices and etc. about it being time to renew and the discounted price and so on. I subscribe to the service so in case my wife might need it in an emergency. At first I thought the one year price a bargain compared to what I paid a year ago. Then I went to my account and saw that a year ago I purchased the 2 year plan so naturally the 1 year price was less than what I had paid previously. I carefully looked over everything and and was a bit disappointed that although my plan was good for another year all the wording would make one believe the plan was expiring within a few weeks. I guess OnStar has adopted the marketing approach of magazines... get the customer to renew then in a short period tell them the subscription is expiring so they will renew again resulting in funneling more money their way prior to you actually needing to.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Well it seems they have changed their plans around.

Guidance Plan
Security Plan
Protection Plan

Would have been nice if they could have said what those plans consisted of, in the renewal flyer.
Like is the Guidance Plan taking place of the Directions and Connections plan?
What's the difference between the Security plan and the Protection plan?

Yes I could look them up online - But I'm seriously thinking this will be the end of Onstar for me even though I have had it since the vehicle was new.

So them raising their prices and not giving us anything extra, is looking like I'm going to be jumping ship. :banghead:
I have always looked at it as extra insurance - just not sure it's worth it anymore.

·
Registered
416 Posts
The 2G network being used by OnStar where I live is apparently being phased out soon and OnStar will not work anymore.

I am waiting for a hardware upgrade, but in the meantime, they gave me 6 months free.

Good while it is still operating on the 2G network.

I guess with the hardware upgrade, I will have to sign up for at least a year.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Hi cfedor,

I will be sure to pass your message along to the OnStar team!

Thanks,

Kayla K.
Buick Customer Care

cfedor said:
I pm'd Greg W. at OnStar stating that I would only continue if I had the same package as the last connections & directions that I had as trial. I haven't heard back from them.

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
Buick Customer Service said:
Hi cfedor,

I will be sure to pass your message along to the OnStar team!

Thanks,

Kayla K.
Buick Customer Care
Received a PM from OnStar in regards to the account/fees. I PM'd them back. We'll see what if anything comes out of it.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I was able to renew Onstar at $149.90 for 12 months for the Protection level (formerly Safe and Sound). I do like the extra layer of security and I also really like the RemoteLink App for remote starting and unlocking of my vehicle (from anywhere in the world). Unfortunately, the RemoteLink App requires an active Onstar connection to function. Good luck! Only took 30 minutes of my life to do this! Also, ask for a free notification 90 days prior to the expiration of your plan and I was told I could renew the promotional rate at that time. Full disclosure: I have 2 vehicles with Onstar, so I had a bit more leverage. Good luck, fellow Enclavers!

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
I do understand the extra sense of security with an OnStar subscription. It came in very handy when my Enclave's power steering pump failed 1,100 miles from home while vacation in Orlando in 2009.

However, since my Tribeca doesn't have an OnStar option, I've opted for a AAA premier plan at a similar rate instead the last couple of years. This way both cars are covered. Though there isn't a remote lock out function, AAA can send someone to open the locks if necessary.

·
Registered
317 Posts
So, just so folks here know how worthless it is to try and use the resources here (Buick Customer Service), I sent a PM to them because our OnStar is coming up for renewal in just over 1 week and my how things have changed. We had had OnStar in our 1 and only GM vehicle (I have 1 German marque and 1 Japanese marque sitting next to my Enclave in the garage) since our AWD Olds Silhouette we had that I traded on the Enclave.

The Enclave is a once in a while vehicle, have yet to hit 26K on it and it is in pristine condition. Have kept OnStar because it is used for family excursions or the times I need to move larger things to where my daughters live. Kind of a luxury to say the least. Tried calling the "Loyalty Line" and that was pretty worthless.

So I messaged BCS here -- and was told to email [email protected]. Know where that got me?

Took over a day, got a message back saying they couldn't find my account. Know why? They couldn't be bothered to remove the 2 leading zeroes in the account number I gave them (from my original paperwork, no less) -- I checked to see it was EXACTLY the same # on their mailer w/o the 2 zeroes. So then I emailed them back, which was on Friday and still have yet to hear back.

Simply fantastic customer response. :angryfire:

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
designconcepts have you tried sending a PM here to the member OnStar Advisor

No guarantees you will get a response but....the GM customer service actually has no direct connection, they just use their service in their vehicles.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Sailfish said:
designconcepts have you tried sending a PM here to the member OnStar Advisor

No guarantees you will get a response but....the GM customer service actually has no direct connection, they just use their service in their vehicles.
I have not. I will try but am not expecting much -- I figured having super low expectations is best when trying to get any sort of customer service from any company these days. I sell for a living and have done so for 35 years. I can honestly say I would not only not be able to get away with this sort of bad customer service, I would probably be on the bread line. I just never understand how companies survive treating their paying customers like crap. And I will also say here those 2 foreign marques have treated me FAR BETTER than GM and OnStar ever had and in fact have a number of times bent over backwards to make sure I was happy with them. The German brand in fact had done such a good job that after I leased one of their vehicles for 2 yrs (to "try them out" as it were), I decided to buy a newly refreshed version of what I had been driving.

I am not a GM basher by nature (my Grandfather always owned Cadillacs and our family had a series of Oldsmobiles, including me, the last of which was that AWD Silhouettte). I'm just terribly disappointed to get literally no response.

581 - 600 of 631 Posts